Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 06:10 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,497 times

Advertisements

I can't tell you what a guy wants, but I can tell you what a woman wants .

Sincere, empathetic, funny, passionate, and smart. A good sex drive helps out too .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 06:21 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Since we're sharing what women want now...

I want a sweet and caring guy. Plus all the other good stuff that makes a guy worthy as a human being.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Plus all the other good stuff that makes a guy worthy as a human being.
I love that other stuff! Well said Temptation !

Old 08-16-2009, 06:44 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I'll post here while I'm still in my 30's at least for another couple of weeks. I want a woman with her shyt together, at least mentally. She doesn't have to have an important job. Just be somewhat sane. When I was in my 20's and out there I seemed really rough to meet someone who was intelligent and self sufficient.

Someone once said about his dating experience, that a lot of women fell in to 3 categories.

Too many bills.
Having kids.
Being broking.

Not my words so please don't attack me.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'll post here while I'm still in my 30's at least for another couple of weeks. I want a woman with her shyt together, at least mentally. She doesn't have to have an important job. Just be somewhat sane. When I was in my 20's and out there I seemed really rough to meet someone who was intelligent and self sufficient.

Someone once said about his dating experience, that a lot of women fell in to 3 categories.

Too many bills.
Having kids.
Being broking.

Not my words so please don't attack me.
Do you mean being 'broke' or 'broken'?

Old 08-16-2009, 06:48 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Do you mean being 'broke' or 'broken'?
Oops. typo.

I meant broke.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:43 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,017 times
Some women can nag the paint off a wall!!!

nag nag nag nag nag...nag........nag...I mean WOW!

Its like they start and they can't seem to stop themselves. "Help, I'm nagging and I can't shut up"

Trust me, I made it this far being a big boy; I don't think I need you telling me over and over and over and over and over again that I need to write that check out for my credit card bill that isn't even due for 20 bleepedy-bleep days!!! I mean DAMN!!! DAMN!!!

Old 08-16-2009, 09:36 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
what are you guys looking for in a future wife?
Everyone is different so not every guy at that age group is looking for the same thing. Some guys may be looking for a very independent woman, and others want a girl who will depend on them because they know they'll always be around.

Also, I personally don't go into a dating situation with any expectations. I recognize things I do like, as everyone is different, all have faults and good qualities. It's just more about whether you have more good qualities than bad ones.

Its all in the eye of the beholder.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:02 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
what are you guys looking for in a future wife?

You know what; a good way set yourself up to be disappointed is to try and live out a pure fantasy in a reality that will only cooperate with you very minimally, therefore I never had the paradigm of lookingfor certain "key favorable" quality's in a woman. I believe this is why our divorce rate is so high; all the women are looking for there Ken and all the men are looking for there Barbie dolls so people are essentially chasing fantasy's.

Anyhow, my nonchalant approach with a serious dating prospect is to locate the unfavorable quality's FIRST so I can figure out exactly who/what I'm truly dealing with. It's the same approach when buying a car; you know, "whats wrong with it?"; "what needs to be fixed?" so I won't be left stranded in the middle of the road.

If I do this correctly, I think I can increase the odds of the relationship to work in the long run and completely avoid divorce.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:11 PM

358 posts, read 982,593 times
Honestly, I don't know what my ideal girlfriend will be like, because I've not met her yet.

Make sense? Lol.

I don't have a predetermined set of rules or guidelines that my girlfriend will have to follow. It's all on a person-by-person basis.

I can't form the idea of an ideal girlfriend in my mind, honestly. I'll know her when I meet her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships