Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 10:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
He seems to be exploring the idea or fantasy of an older woman.
Hey, who are we to kill his fantasies?! They're always better than reality anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 12:54 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,329 times
Good luck! I think that reply could be a red flag. I've gone out with 20-somethings but the ones that look or act outrageously young get that retort. In your case thses women probably think you're waaaay too young or they don't have the balls to claim a young guy as their man. I could give a rat's petootie but many women would. So just keep trying and grow out a beard too to throw 'em off the scent!

Old 08-18-2009, 05:55 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by introspective1 View Post
I am in my 26 and have often noticed myself to be attracted to women old enough to be my mom (I know...no rude comments please) and I know I would get that kinda reaction when apporaching these women so I wanted to know from other men how they deal. I find it easier to talk to them and they stimulate my mind more, although, there is nothing wrong with women my age, except I just dont find 20-somethings that attractive, physically or emotionally, anymore..I wish I could. Its hard going against the grain of society.
Another thought is... why do you feel the need to date any single woman that you click with? Why can't you consider the concept of just becoming good platonic friends with her?

If you are indeed intrigued by the idea of dating an older woman, I still suggest becoming platonic friends with several of them first. And who knows, maybe one of them will have a daughter that is close to your age, single and as interesting and cool as she is as a person.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:54 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,395,534 times
Quote:
Guys, if you wanted to approach a woman (wherever, not necessarily a bar) and ask her out/get her phone number (im not talking about online, but offline),and she gives you the "Im old enough to be your mother" or some similar response, does it 'hurt' you to hear that? How would you react/how have you reacted? If you really wanted to pursue her, would that comment make you back down?

I am in my 26 and have often noticed myself to be attracted to women old enough to be my mom (I know...no rude comments please) and I know I would get that kinda reaction when apporaching these women so I wanted to know from other men how they deal. I find it easier to talk to them and they stimulate my mind more, although, there is nothing wrong with women my age, except I just dont find 20-somethings that attractive, physically or emotionally, anymore..I wish I could. Its hard going against the grain of society.

Nothing wrong with that, I like younger men. Maybe not 'that' young, but have dated guys that were as young as 10 years behind me. Only dating though, nothing serious or emotional.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:06 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Quote:
Guys, if you wanted to approach a woman (wherever, not necessarily a bar) and ask her out/get her phone number (im not talking about online, but offline),and she gives you the "Im old enough to be your mother" or some similar response, does it 'hurt' you to hear that? How would you react/how have you reacted? If you really wanted to pursue her, would that comment make you back down?

I can actually relate....conversation wise I generally have much better with women 10-20 years older than me (I'm 30). Physically though I differ, I generally prefer the 20 somethings.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:06 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,549,639 times
Sierra, I can't rep you for this post, but it's brilliant. Everything you've outlined here is precisely why I wouldn't take a young man's interest seriously - in addition to the ickiness of said person being closer to my kids' ages.

And while I know it's not the same for men, men don't also have the biological limitations that most women face as they get older. That's just a fact, certain exceptions notwithstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Precisely! I know there are some delusional women who think at 50 they look as if they're 30 or 20, but that's just a figment of their wild wishful imagination. I'm yet to see one! Not even the celebrities with unlimited financial resources and access to best technology do.

I can see it happening only as a short fling provided the woman is attracted to youngsters to begin with. Anything long-term is nothing short of ridiculous.

OK, introspective1, let's look at your scenario. I'm not even gonna go for a real "mother," which would be a woman who could've had you at least at 18. Let's look at 15 years difference - say you're 26 today and she's 41. Granted, a 41-year-old woman can be very attractive and energetic TODAY! Now let's take a peek in 20 years. She's 61 and you're 46. If she's in her right mind, she should be retired by then, but even if she isn't, she'd be worn out, wrinkled, interesting in sitting, lying down, crocheting, playing with her grandkids, etc. endless possibilities. You, on the other hand, will be at the peak of your looks and career, potentially attractive to 20 somethings. You'd want sex and active life. Besides, she pretty much has to give up whatever dreams she might've had of retirement to stay with you wherever your job is. Would you like her reduced income in addition to reduced looks? The income... maybe; the looks... probably not. This picture doesn't quite work, does it?!

Now let's look at short long-term - say a few years... let's say 5-10 years. Can it work? Sure. At some point, though, you may decide you want to have children. Can she have them? No. Would she be willing to have them? No. Would you be willing to marry her even if you're not interested in children? Most likely not. Would she be willing to marry you? Most likely not. Sooo, chances are a time for splitting will come. In the meantime she has wasted whatever better years she had left with you while she could've found somebody appropriate to spend the rest of her life with.

You see how anything other than a short fling is simply nonsensical!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Would you like her reduced income in addition to reduced looks? The income... maybe; the looks... probably not. This picture doesn't quite work, does it?!
Everyone's looks fade so this argument doesn't hold water. If the OP got involved with someone the same age as him, there's no guarantee how she will age. I've seen couples where both people were the same age, but the woman aged faster. If you truly accept someone, you'll accept that certain things about them will inevitably change.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:35 AM

429 posts, read 684,832 times
Women who say that usually have low self esteem...pursue and let them know how beautiful they really are.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:39 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
she is shocked she is outraged. how dare you. of course why is she hanging out in a bar where she knows for sure cougars frequent. why isnt she at home making lazania like your mother.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:40 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
there's no guarantee how she will age.
In my experience, people get older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships