Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:34 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Did ya run out of polar bears? Soft and cuddly... and come in a neutral color, so they'd look great next to a metrosexual!
We have 2,000 pound brown bears here; The polar bears are in the interior further north and on the ice shelves. Speaking of gay I'm pretty sure you've seen this little guy. Who needs bears when you have this to deal with. I mean he literally looks like road kill here.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 08:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
We have 2,000 pound brown bears here; The polar bears are in the interior further north and on the ice shelves. Speaking of gay I'm pretty sure you've seen this little guy. Who needs bears when you have this to deal with. I mean he literally looks like road kill here.
Yeah, this guy is as cute as any bear and not nearly as fat!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:41 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times
Quote:
Yeah, this guy is as cute as any bear and not nearly as fat!
Yeah he is cute which is probably his most redeeming quality and the sole reason he hasnt ended up in a dumpster by now. Everytime I do something he follows me around, not to mention his strange obsession with bananas. If you dont give him some when you eat one he throws a temper tantrum.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:43 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,811,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Some of my best friends have been with men. And I've never had a problem with keeping my platonic male friends even when I was in a romantic relationship with another man. My boyfriends know that they can trust me. Maybe it's because by nature, I've always been a tomboy type so my platonic male friends are based on common interests and activities and not just on our personalities "clicking".

Well as you sit there getting to know her for the first time, you find out what else she likes to do with her free time. You find out what her passions are and hopefully, they will be ones that interest you too. See if there is anything she likes to do but hasn't been able to find another friend to keep her company doing it. Don't just sit there chatting her up with small talk and trying to make her laugh. Use your time wisely to get to really know her as a person. See if she likes sports, what kind of music she listens too, if she has pets. Maybe she bikes, goes running or likes to hike. If you are attracted to her, then she's probably active about keeping in good shape, and she has more interests than raising her children.

And the first attempts at getting together should be in a daytime public setting. And don't be too intense about your romantic interest in her.

My boyfriend and I got along really well as friends in the beginning because we both loved and owned similar cars. We liked taking long road trips, liked nerdy geeky stuff and our dogs. We love the same kinds of ethnic foods. And he loves the same kind of music that I do, from the '80's. Anyway, we were just so comfortable in each other's company and we also laughed all the time, that it seemed very natural to become a romantic couple. And our family and friends think us a very well matched couple. His guy friends are impressed that I'm into cars and autocross, and that I support his motorsport activities.

It also helped that we had and still have no desire to have children in our lives.

And I do make an effort to stay healthy and well preserved. I live an active lifestyle, I don't smoke cigarettes and I stay out of the sun. Being Asian helps me stay youthful looking.

So far, I've been with my current boyfriend for six years and we are very happy together. Who knows if we will be a couple in 20 years, but I will have no regrets. I am a very independent woman by nature. I've never minded being on my own and by myself. And this has been my best and longest lasting relationship ever. I'm not one for dwelling in the past or worrying about my future relationship-wise. My only future worries are about the condition of our planet with all the pollution and human overpopulation issues.

Otherwise, my boyfriend insists that my future wrinkles will not bother him. With him being white, we'll probably end up getting wrinkly about the same time anyway.
Outstanding post, thanks! Good to see there are other interracial OW/YM couples out there. I am black and the women I speak of are white, so I know that can be another obstacle in these relationships....I do not know of a whole lot of older white women who like younger black men, which is something i get kinda self conscious about when approaching these women. Most older/younger couples seem to be of the same race and I know some of these white women were raised during times when it was not ok to date someone outside the race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Who cares what society thinks? Give them hell, sweetie! I only range about 10-12 years younger than myself maximum when I date, so I'm not dating men young enough to be my child, but there are women out there that would. Just hold your head up and don't give a damn about what anyone thinks about you; if you're having fun and she's having fun, that's what counts.
Mercury, I am more worried about the women I date worrying about what society thinks. I do not wanna be someone's dirty little secret. Some of them are not strong enough to be their own person. You never see that kinda shame from older men when they date young girls so what do older women have to be ashamed of? I wish older women would understand that there are guys out there like me and others who ACTUALLY like your looks . Why be in a relationship that you cannot be open about? although, I am not much for PDA..what I mean is that you can speak honestly and openly about your relationship to friends and family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I've been dating a guy who is 18 years younger than I am. We were friends first and it slowly evolved into more than friendship.

We had a great time together, but unfortunately some of those little traits younger adults tend to carry around, like the need to always be right, the need to live in my hip pocket, and an inordinate amount of jealousy, just killed it for me.
I will remain his friend, but I would think twice about getting involved with someone where there is that much of an age gap again.
Those traits are not limited to us youngsters..btw, I think that is the reason alot of young people date someone older, so I kinda agree with you. People dont understand the attraction but you just justified some of it. However, I dont need to cling to my mate all the time, and I am not at all jealous (I got critcized heavily for not being so, by an ex one time), I do feel the need to be right though , LMAO!

Dont let one bad experience ruin age gap relationships..us youngsters are individuals too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
LOL! Technically I'm still in my 20's and look much younger. I actually had a woman who was in her early 40's yesterday talk with me for about fifteen minutes and I could tell she clearly would let me decorate her private parts in pistachio pudding. Its tempting because she was pretty hot, but in the long run it just wouldnt work out and would be sexual only. While I'm sure that would be fun temporarily, I am looking for a life partner here.
I was eating dessert and damn near threw up, I was laughing so hard when I read this ...good post!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:46 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times
Quote:
.Never mind most women generally age faster and in a more unflattering way than men even if the same age, an admission plenty of sisters will come over to stone me for again, I'm sure.
I agree with you on many/most posts, but this is simply not possible, literally, in the physical world . Unless there is some sort of time-warp or other Star-trek-ian thing going on. Know what I mean? I am thinking about science and physics here. Got the line on Time Travel? , well let me know!

Not to "stone you" (unless you want to get stoned ) but I know plenty of 40 and 50 and 60 + year old women who take care of themselves who look much much much better than their male counter-parts who have "let themselves go".* If I find myself in that situation at that point in time, I swear, I will switch teams.

Some examples... most women do not:

Get a "beer gut".

Have Nose hair. Ewwww.

Or Ear hair. Double Ewwww.

Go bald (or do the comb-over).

Refuse to bathe/bush their teeth etc etc.

In fact, most "older women" tend to keep up with general grooming and hygiene . Many of the little-old-ladies-who-lunch in my life still go for the weekly mani/pedi and hair-do. The more I think about it, the more I think it's older men who drop the ball.

Advantage: older women.

Last edited by plaidmom; 08-18-2009 at 08:55 PM..

Old 08-18-2009, 08:49 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by introspective1 View Post
Guys, if you wanted to approach a woman (wherever, not necessarily a bar) and ask her out/get her phone number (im not talking about online, but offline),and she gives you the "Im old enough to be your mother" or some similar response, does it 'hurt' you to hear that? How would you react/how have you reacted? If you really wanted to pursue her, would that comment make you back down?
I'd be like, "Damn, you totally know how to stir up the horny Oedipus in me. Man you get me hot."

I'm pretty sure that would get me in her pants in no time.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Not to "stone you" (unless you want to get stoned ) but I know plenty of 40 and 50 and 60 + year old women who take care of themselves who look much much much better than their male counter-parts who have "let themselves go".* If I find myself in that situation at that point in time, I swear, I will switch teams.
Well, I knew what's coming, thus the disclaimer and the choice of the word "most"!

Quote:
Some examples most women do not:

Get a "beer gut".

Have Nose hair. Ewwww.

Or Ear hair. Double Ewwww.

Go bald (or do the comb-over).
All of the above have counterparts, but I don't plan to go there... How many times have you heard of a woman with gray hair (provided she keeps it natural) being referred to as "charming," let's say? Pretty rare, don't you think? While many of us drool over the "distinguished" look of men...

Old 08-18-2009, 08:55 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyMJ View Post
My best response to a young one hitting on me is "I've got underwear older than you are."
Hahah, I'd have said, "hey, that's cool. Will you model them for me?"

Old 08-18-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
How many times have you heard of a woman with gray hair (provided she keeps it natural) being referred to as "charming," let's say? Pretty rare, don't you think? While many of us drool over the "distinguished" look of men...
If I had to choose between Emmy Lou and Bill Clinton ? .....sign me up for Emmy Lou! I was serious about the switchin' teams part . I think silver hair can be attractive on either gender. Emmy just looks like she does her crunches.

We can ***** about the status quo blah blah blah forever.....or we can refuse to accept it and change it. I love being a human.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Hahah, I'd have said, "hey, that's cool. Will you model them for me?"
Humor will take you far in life. Just IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships