Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 07:39 PM

3,378 posts, read 9,211,264 times

Advertisements

And I called the day after she gave me the number. I didn't reply to that email.

Left a VM and no return call. I was confused and a few days later (breaking my own rule) I called again.

Both VMs I just said hey this is blah blah calling to say hello...hope you had a great day give me a ring when you get a chance.

No return call.

And I think it is happening again with another girl.

Honestly, wtf. I don't get it .

On both girls we probably exchanged 5 emails back and forth before I asked for her number.

Why give the number if your not going to return the call?

Obviously, I am over analyzing this...but just curious what everybody else's experience is.

For what it matters it is off plentyoffish.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 08:04 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,407,048 times
They sound like complete flakes to me. If they don't want to talk on the phone, all they have to say is that they are not comfortable giving out their telephone number just yet, and leave it at that. Playing games, however, is strange, so I would just move on to the next person, and not worry about it, since you've only invested a few emails. Plus, one would wonder if they are actually legitimate profiles and people, especially if it's a free site with no verifications.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-18-2009, 08:07 PM

They did give out their phone numbers. And their voice mail message had their name on it as the greeting.

Maybe my voice sounded like their ex :P

Old 08-18-2009, 10:31 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,414,167 times
Wanker, I think we need a little more information here.. I believe that if it happens once, it's just a freak thing.. but twice in a row, well, there's something going on.

So let me ask a couple questions here:

First, how did you approach these chicks? What was said? What did you talk about?

Second, what kind of message did you leave? -Was it the same for both?

And finally, why the hell are you using rules? Rules just get in the way of things, get rid of them.

Ok, with that out of the way, I'll respond to what little information you have given.

You said, "Both VMs I just said hey this is blah blah calling to say hello...hope you had a great day give me a ring when you get a chance."

I'll come back to that, but first I wanna say a couple things.

When you first meet a girl, it's all about attraction. Most of the time, they don't care about how much money you make, or if you're wearing the latest fashion - no, they want to be impressed by your personality more than anything. Sure, looks play a part, money plays a part, but man, those are only small parts. Women are attracted mainly to two things - confidence and a good sense of humor.

Ok, back to your message: "Hey this is Wankel calling to say hello...hope you had a great day give me a ring when you get a chance."

Look at that, and think about that for a second. Does that give off confidence? Does that communicate a sense of humor? Well, not really.

What I see is this, "Hey, this is Wankel calling in hopes that you actually remember me.. I want to say something nice to you, but don't really know what, so I'll just say have a great day.. Oh, and if, by chance you actually decide to have pity on me and give me the time of day, please please call me.. "

Do ya see what I'm gettin' at? I mean, this may not be the case, but from what you posted here that's what I get out of it.

Instead of going through all of that, just call and keep it simple. "Hey <cutegirl>, this is Wankel.. Give me a call back, #####.. Later on.."

It's just that easy..

Better yet, pick on her a little bit.. "Hey <chick>, get off the computer already and grab the phone - I know you're just tryin' to seduce old men off that website.. It's alright, I get it.. typical woman.. <pause> Seriously, I know you're not like that, not completely anyway.. Hey, give me a call back when ya get this.. #####.. Later on.."

Ok, maybe not the best example, but hell, I didn't have much to go off of. The point is, when you interject a little teasing, it gives women something to look forward to. Main thing is though, just be yourself.

Either way, I hope ya kinda get at least a little of what I'm saying..

I wish ya the best man..

Old 08-18-2009, 11:12 PM

Great post man...I normally put forth a good bit of effort for the emails...change the subject offten and make sure I include stuff from their profile and try to be funny.

But with the phone calls I really didn't put much effort into it at all...as shown by the message I would leave...

Good point man ! Thank you ....

Old 08-18-2009, 11:15 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,414,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
Great post man...I normally put forth a good bit of effort for the emails...change the subject offten and make sure I include stuff from their profile and try to be funny.

But with the phone calls I really didn't put much effort into it at all...as shown by the message I would leave...

Good point man ! Thank you ....
You're a good man, it sounds like you get it for the most part..

Just one thing, don't TRY to be funny, just be yourself, and let your funny side out.

Next time ya get a hot date, at least share photos here for the rest of us unlucky bastar.... I better stop there before the mods slap me around..

Old 08-19-2009, 10:14 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,425,681 times
I'll give you my number, you can try it out on me

Old 08-20-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
I'll give you my number, you can try it out on me
PM sent

Old 08-20-2009, 07:00 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
PM sent

Old 08-20-2009, 07:03 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,425,681 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships