Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 04:52 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,583,174 times

Advertisements

I don't hate children, but I certainly don't want to be around them, spend time with them etc. I'm fine that there are kids, I just want NOTHING to do with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 04:53 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree with this.

Some of the vitriol is a little over-the-top.

Clearly YOU don't have PTSD from changing my nephew's nappies, Chow!

Old 01-04-2010, 04:54 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
I don't hate children, but I certainly don't want to be around them, spend time with them etc. I'm fine that there are kids, I just want NOTHING to do with them.
Back in the day, when I was single, I couldn't meet a woman that didn't have kids, it seemed like.

This board there are a bunch of women posters that didn't have or want children.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
me me me!!!
Yup. that's what people say when they want a baby.

I want, ME, I want, ME, I need, Me, I deserve...no thought to what the baby might want....or not...

Old 01-04-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yup. that's what people say when they want a baby.

I want, ME, I want, ME, I need, Me, I deserve...no thought to what the baby might want....or not...
People who have children do it because they want to have kids, people who don't chose not to have kids because they don't. Both are selfish motives. I volunteer on the weekends with a variety of organizations and give of myself in other ways. Breeding doesn't make you righteous.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:58 PM

And I hate when people say,
"Oh you'll change you mind" because you know so much better than me what I'll want and I can't possibly not want to procreate.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:08 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,840 times
I don't have children and don't want any. I don't hate children at all. I love my niece and nephews. But, I don't have any tolerance for kids. When I go out to eat I tell my waiter/waitress don't sit me near the table with the children. In my case, it's hard to found a guy who don't want or don't have any. My exh had three and it was very hard.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:11 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,292 times
Hell yes count me on. I'm anticipating having an operation sometime soon in the future. I think I can have it done without the doctors refusing it if after all I'm of legal age (pass 21).

Old 01-04-2010, 05:23 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwriter View Post
Not sure if this is the correct section to post this, but:

Is anyone else on here childfree? As in don't have kids, don't want kids, don't need kids, would rather be sucked through a jet engine than be around kids? I am, and it is very frustrating at times not meeting anyone else who shares my views, especially those of the opposite sex. I can't stand kids, and it seems like society, especially women, are absolutely in love with them. I can count on one hand the number of people I've met who don't want kids. It seems like my chances of finding childfree-by-choice friends are slim to none, let alone a future wife. Maybe it's just where I live, or is everywhere like this?
Oddly enough, there are quite a lot of us around! Approximately 17 percent of adult women are childfree. Statistically, it has been shown that the higher the IQ of the woman, the more likely they are to be childfree. For many years I hung out on alt.support.childfree on usenet, but we all know what has happened to USENET . There is still a fair sized group of regulars there. You can access them via google groups if you are interested in checking it out.

If you go to meetup.com there are lots of childfree groups around the country. I am a member of the group in St. Louis, but due to distance have not had an opportunity to "meet up" with them yet. Also, there is a nation-wide organization called "no kidding" that has chapters all over the country. You might check to see if there is one close to you.

I have found that often people who are very artistic and appreciate the "finer things" in life seem to have a higher proportion of childfree people. I have a few friends who are artists and one who is a professional photographer who are childfree. You would be amazed how many of us there are!

The important thing to remember is that our lifestyle choices are just as valid as any other. We needn't feel guilty because of the choices that we have made. And above ALL ELSE we MUST NOT SMIRK when we talk with childed people who complain endlessly about how HARRRRRRRRRRRRRD it is being parent. No giggling! No Giggling!

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-04-2010, 05:27 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
wow...i know lots of people who don't want kids; i don't know anyone who hates kids. Almost everyone has at least a niece/nephew, younger cousin that they love
I can't say that I hate them because hate is a very strong word that I reserve for people who, imho deserve it. I can say, however, that I don't like kids *at all* and I do not enjoy being around them *at all* and I DO NOT have any nieces nor nephews nor younger cousins that I dote upon. In fact, there are no young people in my life whatsoever and that is just exactly the way I like it.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships