Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 05:28 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,504 times

Advertisements

Don't have them, don't want them. I don't hate them either. I just don't have that burning desire to mother. I know my reasons and am comfortable with the life I have chosen.

There are millions of reasons not to have kids. As far as I'm concerned, there's only one good reason to have them: you're certain that your life would not be complete without them. You can't bear the thought of not having kids to love and nurture. I think someone should be very sure before they have them and do it as an experiment, or "try it out". They're not sweaters.

Either that reason, or if you have a farm and you need the free labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 05:28 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Hell yes count me on. I'm anticipating having an operation sometime soon in the future. I think I can have it done without the doctors refusing it if after all I'm of legal age (pass 21).
I wanted a tubal ligation when I was 23. My doctor suggested I wait til I was either 30 or married. Until then, good birth control. When I hit the milestone, he scheduled for the following week. No regrets. Of course, it was a little hard to explain to the in-laws!!

Absolutely love kids, just never wanted any of our own. Babies terrify me. I know I'll drop them on that soft spot on their head.

Adoption is always an option.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:31 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
OMG I love all of you! woo hoo.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-04-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Hell yes count me on. I'm anticipating having an operation sometime soon in the future. I think I can have it done without the doctors refusing it if after all I'm of legal age (pass 21).
Good luck with that. Most responsible ob/gyns will not do sterilizations on young women that don't have children because tubal ligations are not easy to reverse, and removal of the ovaries is just plain out of the question unless they are diseased or you have a strong family history of ovarian cancer AND the BRCA gene. Trust me, I've asked my gyn for a tubal for about eight years now, I'm 38, she is a personal friend as well. She always says "you still have time to change your mind".

Old 01-04-2010, 05:37 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
I don't have any of my own but I like them. Kids and animals tend to cling to me. Dadda, hang on there little feller!LOL...... They like me, that's all I can say. BTW, my name is Mr. Heater Man!LOL.........

Old 01-04-2010, 05:43 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
Good luck with that. Most responsible ob/gyns will not do sterilizations on young women that don't have children because tubal ligations are not easy to reverse, and removal of the ovaries is just plain out of the question unless they are diseased or you have a strong family history of ovarian cancer AND the BRCA gene. Trust me, I've asked my gyn for a tubal for about eight years now, I'm 38, she is a personal friend as well. She always says "you still have time to change your mind".
I hate when that happens ''Oh you might change your mind''. I see myself 100% firm on this decision and let's say they refuse do tubal ligations and I have to rely on pills and condoms on my future relationship... then for some reason that didn't work and I end up pregnant anyways (leading to me having an abortion) and who's fault would that be? Talk about bad doctors.... If I want to make sure I never have kids then that's my choice. I shouldn't be questioned further....

Old 01-04-2010, 05:44 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwriter View Post
Not sure if this is the correct section to post this, but:

Is anyone else on here childfree? As in don't have kids, don't want kids, don't need kids, would rather be sucked through a jet engine than be around kids? I am, and it is very frustrating at times not meeting anyone else who shares my views, especially those of the opposite sex. I can't stand kids, and it seems like society, especially women, are absolutely in love with them. I can count on one hand the number of people I've met who don't want kids. It seems like my chances of finding childfree-by-choice friends are slim to none, let alone a future wife. Maybe it's just where I live, or is everywhere like this?

Ha Ha Ha Ha your too funny................ sucked through a jet engine then be around kids.

I feel like that around certain children and yet I have a 14yr old. But if I didn't have to have her trust you me I would of cut my tubes a long time before that not to have any myself. They are spoiled, selfish, annoying and all of us can do without them.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:49 PM

530 posts, read 779,934 times
No kids here, don't want them I can't say I hate them if they are around I kinda just pretend they are not there until they start screaming then I am outta there! My favorite thing people say when I tell them I don't like kids is "you will when they are your own" denying it only leads to the oh yes you will so I finall started saying all those women who killed their kids b/c they lost their cool probably got told the same thing--a little harsh but effectively ends the convo. Also I know breast feeding is a "natural" thing but does it gross anyone else out....I will gag ewww!

Old 01-04-2010, 05:49 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,292 times
Then comes the discipline which I would be very horrible at it. I imagine yelling for the main part (arm slapping probably) out of frustration. The irony is I'm against that as I believe there are other ways but yet would lose self-control with an annoying crying brat.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
I hate when that happens ''Oh you might change your mind''. I see myself 100% firm on this decision and let's say they refuse do tubal ligations and I have to rely on pills and condoms on my future relationship... then for some reason that didn't work and I end up pregnant anyways (leading to me having an abortion) and who's fault would that be? Talk about bad doctors.... If I want to make sure I never have kids then that's my choice. I shouldn't be questioned further....
I know, I always hated "You'll change your mind" knowing full well that I wouldn't. But it doesn't make them a "bad doctor" to refuse to perform an unnecessary surgical procedure on a perfectly healthy person. There's risk involved, and they don't want to expose themselves to that liability. It actually makes them a "good doctor".

Don't get me wrong - I'm on your side here - but there are many effective, affordable forms of birth control. If you take the pill straight through (one like Yasmin or another monophasic pill) and never take the placebos, you'll never have periods. No periods=no fear of ovulation=no pregnancy worries. DM me if you want more info. Lots of research that says women don't NEED to have as many periods as they do. Higher risk of ovarian and uterine cancer with more lifetime periods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships