Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2012, 11:07 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yes - but to make a big deal out of something like paying, touching, conversation, etc. - would just be a red flag to me.
Just because you raise a red flag doesn't mean that there's danger. That's most of the reason that I'm involved in this thread.

Quote:
I understand that you do not agree with this. So how do you tell the woman that you are asking out that you will not be paying for her? How do they respond to this?
Don't assume that I'm arguing from a personal standpoint.

As I said up thread, I argue in favor of legalizing marijuana but I've never smoked and have no intention to smoke.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 PM

708 posts, read 878,719 times
Quote:
Yes - but to make a big deal out of something like paying, touching, conversation, etc. - would just be a red flag to me.

I understand that you do not agree with this. So how do you tell the woman that you are asking out that you will not be paying for her? How do they respond to this?
Yeah that is what I want to know as well.

Glad I am not in the dating world anymore.

If I were a guy that obsessed though, really it seems like the logical thing to do would be just to do free dates, where you meet at a prearranged place. You can't pick the girl up, otherwise you might have to charge her for her portion of the gas money.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
Yeah that is what I want to know as well.

Glad I am not in the dating world anymore.

If I were a guy that obsessed though, really it seems like the logical thing to do would be just to do free dates, where you meet at a prearranged place. You can't pick the girl up, otherwise you might have to charge her for her portion of the gas money.
Sigh

Why do the men get bashed if they suggest that the women pay 50% but it's totally ok for the women to expect that then men pay 100%?

Old 12-20-2012, 11:13 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Just because you raise a red flag doesn't mean that there's danger. That's most of the reason that I'm involved in this thread.

Don't assume that I'm arguing from a personal standpoint.

As I said up thread, I argue in favor of legalizing marijuana but I've never smoked and have no intention to smoke.
Then I'm not quite sure why you are arguing in the first place. This thread is basically just personal opinions. I have my opinion and I know why. You are free to have a different opinion or the same opinion. This is not a mathematical equation where there is one correct answer. If a man wants to ask a woman out and tell her that he is not going to spend a cent on her - he's free to do so. That woman is free to either accept the date or move on. I'm not sure what the big deal is. Many of us would feel that the guy is either cheap or ungenerous. And if we refused, the guy might feel that he dodged the bullet because we are gold diggers. And I still don't see what the big deal is.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:13 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,302 times
Quote:
Sigh

Why do the men get bashed if they suggest that the women pay 50% but it's totally ok for the women to expect that then men pay 100%?
Because women have weak arms and small brains. It's hard for us to count out the proper bill denominations, so it just seems better to have a man do it.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Then I'm not quite sure why you are arguing in the first place.
Because of this
Quote:
Many of us would feel that the guy is either cheap or ungenerous. And if we refused, the guy might feel that he dodged the bullet because we are gold diggers. And I still don't see what the big deal is.
You may feel a guy is cheap or ungenerous, but he may not be.
A guy may feel a woman is a gold digger, but she may not be.

And (many) people don't give these things any type of thought, they just go with what they've been told, and might be missing out on good opportunities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Because women have weak arms and small brains. It's hard for us to count out the proper bill denominations, so it just seems better to have a man do it.
Unfortunately, you're sarcasm is closer to the truth than you probably think.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:19 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Because of this

You may feel a guy is cheap or ungenerous, but he may not be.
A guy may feel a woman is a gold digger, but she may not be.

And (many) people don't give these things any type of thought, they just go with what they've been told, and might be missing out on good opportunities.
Judging by the fact that it's never happened to me - I guess I didn't miss out on any opportunities. So again - what's the big deal?

Old 12-20-2012, 11:21 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You just keep right on thinking that, Jeter.

I don't care what situation you're in, where you are, or who you're with. Guys with good manners, quick wits and steely backbones win out every time.

I don't want to date a guy who doesn't have good manners or a quick wit-ever.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Judging by the fact that it's never happened to me - I guess I didn't miss out on any opportunities. So again - what's the big deal?
That's a pretty self-centered point of view

Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 PM

708 posts, read 878,719 times
Quote:
Sigh

Who is bashing?

I'm just suggesting that would be the best solution for someone who was that concerned about the financial aspect of dating above all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships