Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 12:05 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times

Advertisements

It's kind of funny, because despite how vehemently I fight in every argument I get in, this is one of those odd times when I know it's not simply a difference of opinion, it's that I'm right and the opposition is grasping at straws to save face. Probably a bitter and beaten opposition who will deny plain logic til the end of the earth (OMG is that today?!?!) but I'm happy to go to bed tonight knowing that any outside observer could plainly see that one side speaks from reason and the other speaks from desperation.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:06 AM

708 posts, read 878,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
This is exactly what the 2nd party could do, correct?

There's no difference between the initiator and the other party so there's no reason that the initiator should always foot the bill.
So the second party, instead of saying yes, should say "I'll get back to you", after financially analyzing all the pros and cons of the situation. Because obviously, when the initiator asks they have more information than the second party.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
It's kind of funny, because despite how vehemently I fight in every argument I get in, this is one of those odd times when I know it's not simply a difference of opinion, it's that I'm right and the opposition is grasping at straws to save face. Probably a bitter and beaten opposition who will deny plain logic til the end of the earth (OMG is that today?!?!) but I'm happy to go to bed tonight knowing that any outside observer could plainly see that one side speaks from reason and the other speaks from desperation.
LOL...I should be getting to bed also.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:08 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
So the second party, instead of saying yes, should say "I'll get back to you", after financially analyzing all the pros and cons of the situation.
They certainly can, can't they?

Quote:
Because obviously, when the initiator asks they have more information than the second party.
Not always...last night I invited a woman to a new restaurant that neither of us had ever heard of

Old 12-21-2012, 12:10 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:

Not always...last night I invited a woman to a new restaurant that neither of us had ever heard of
quite the romantic paradox you must have found yourself in. However did you locate a restaurant you have never heard of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
So the second party, instead of saying yes, should say "I'll get back to you", after financially analyzing all the pros and cons of the situation. Because obviously, when the initiator asks they have more information than the second party.
It's no different if, say, the 2nd party hates fish and the initiator asks them out for sushi. I assume there's not problem with the 2nd party suggesting another restaurant in that situation. Why is it different if the reason is financial?

Quote:

Well that was taking quite the chance then, living dangerously.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
quite the romantic paradox you must have found yourself in. However did you locate a restaurant you have never heard of?
My bad...a new restaurant that I'd never been to. I'd obviously heard of it. Driven past it in fact.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Of course, this has happened as well...

Walking around...see a restaurant.

"Hey...want to go in there"

Old 12-21-2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Of course, this has happened as well...

Walking around...see a restaurant.

"Hey...want to go in there"
You know what else has happened?

I've gone into a restaurant, that'd I'd NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE and walked backed out because it was too expensive, not the kind of food I wanted, etc...

So, if someone invites someone else to a restaurant that they can't afford, or that doesn't appeal to them for any other reason, they can say no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships