Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 08:33 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times

Advertisements

I know I am a very easy guy to please nor do I have a loooooooong list of crap my gf must have or not have.

With exception of women with children, I am an pretty reasonable guy when it come to the person I date long term.

I don't make it very difficult for women to get into a long term with me. Most often women ask why am I single and my response is always the same." I actually enjoy being single"

Are you a realistic person when it comes to selecting a long term mate?

Please, for once can we be honest. I know some of you will come in here talking about "your standards, blah,blah, blah..........."

Let's be real because I know A LOT of you on here are not reasonable.

Ron

P.s- please don't bring stuff I said from other threads into this thread all because I said something you did not like. Thanks again.

Last edited by Ron.; 08-22-2009 at 08:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 08:48 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times
I don't think so.

I generally take people as I find them without too much expectation and I am pretty easy going, WHICH has got me into problems in the past, but I've learned to deal with that now.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:53 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
I suppose that would all depend on who's listening. Some would say one is unrealistic or picky while others wouldn't think so. You could argue it all night long.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:59 PM

Ok.......................are you or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I suppose that would all depend on who's listening. Some would say one is unrealistic or picky while others wouldn't think so. You could argue it all night long.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:00 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
I'm picky to a degree, I won't lie. I'm not gonna settle for anything less than the best, and I hope my mate, whoever she is co-signs. I'm also making sure that I have a reason to be picky, meaning be equipped with whatever I'm expecting out of my mate because it's not a good look setting standards for someone that you yourself don't have. At the same time, I'll let little things slide but if it's something major, I can't overlook that.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:03 PM

This is a good approach. I think the folks with all these standards are a little to excited about themselves.

They live avg. lifestyles and have avg. accomplishments but have these ULTRA high standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
I'm picky to a degree, I won't lie. I'm not gonna settle for anything less than the best, and I hope my mate, whoever she is co-signs. I'm also making sure that I have a reason to be picky, meaning be equipped with whatever I'm expecting out of my mate because it's not a good look setting standards for someone that you yourself don't have. At the same time, I'll let little things slide but if it's something major, I can't overlook that.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:41 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,339,802 times
I wouldn't say I'm "picky." If anything, with the way my past few relationships have ended, I probably wasn't picky enough

I'm not looking for a millionaire super-model with chiseled abs and a 10 inch ****. I've found that most guys who would be considered "hot" by our media influenced society, are pretty full of themselves and therefore, not for me.

I consider myself just average looking, and maybe I sell myself short, who knows? I have a college degree. I treated the men I've dated really well. I give gifts "just because". I like to watch sports. I make a decent salary, and own a house and a car. I volunteer and am involved in athletic activiites (running/hiking) and have other hobbies like photography and scrapbooking (please, no snide comments). I expect about the same from any guy I'd be seriously involved with. That doesn't mean I have some sort of "list", but I do have standards. I choose who to date based on how well we get along, common interests, and how easy it is to talk to the guy. Good conversation is a must. I prefer that he be in shape, but it's not a dealbreaker if he isn't (my current bf is a great example of this )

The one thing my ex-boyfriends and ex-fiance had in common was that I think they had unrealistic expectations of ME. The reasons they broke up with me consisted of excuses like "you have too much stuff" and "you're not athletic enough." I think my ex-fiance didn't like that my job was boring - he wanted someone more "exciting" He ended up marrying a retired Army officer, and I think this gave his ego some sort of twisted boost because he was enlisted. Marrying someone who has "power" didn't seem to me to be a good reason for dumping someone who treated you better, but I think he's realizing that now

One ex wrote to me several years after our breakup and told me that he wished he had stayed with me. He got married last year and told me just a couple months ago that he wished he had come to see me after he broke up with his last girlfriend and before he started dating his wife (not sure if he was trying to tell me he'd rather be with me than his wife ). He's the one who told me I wasn't athletic enough for him. Now I'm training for a half marathon and he has a big ol' beer gut

My current boyfriend isn't all that good looking, but so far he's treating me better than any guy ever has, and seems to think I'm sexy Some of what I like about him is that he's easy to talk to, we both like sports, we travel well together, he has a good job, and he has good friends. I wish he had more interests though, 'cause I don't want to feel guilty for going out to a race, or wanting to spend a few hours editing photos. If anything, what could damage this relationship is him wanting to spend every waking moment with me because he doesn't have interests of his own. I need my personal time.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:48 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
This is funny to me because I was reading some of your posts and threads earlier and thought 'this guy is nuts if he thinks he's going to find a woman to date with his expectations and attitude.' You said you're an easy guy to date? Really?

I have certain standards, but I think they are reasonable. You know, someone who doesn't have a rap sheet longer than my arm, someone who doesn't have 4 kids with 3 women, someone who isn't already married, etc.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:49 PM

Damn, you can't even follow instructions.........

Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
This is funny to me because I was reading some of your posts and threads earlier and thought 'this guy is nuts if he thinks he's going to find a woman to date with his expectations and attitude.' You said you're an easy guy to date? Really?

I have certain standards, but I think they are reasonable. You know, someone who doesn't have a rap sheet longer than my arm, someone who doesn't have 4 kids with 3 women, someone who isn't already married, etc.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:49 PM

174 posts, read 374,104 times
Either my expectations are unrealistic or I am not really interested in hooking up.
She must not: smoke or have body art (except ear rings), have a job in authority, have kids, or be religious. She should not like traveling. And above all else, she must not boss me around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships