Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 12:13 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,426,871 times

Advertisements

Okay, you have 3 threads going at the same time. What is with this drama, Ron?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 02:42 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Okay, you have 3 threads going at the same time. What is with this drama, Ron?

He's trying to find out why he's still single and not dating.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:59 AM
miu

17,767 posts, read 40,161,054 times
Default Where does all the DRAMA come from?

Hormones, emotions and immature behaviour. It starts off in high school and some people never grow up.

Also, some people mistake the cycles of fighting, breaking up and then making up as proof of good passion and that their relationship is full of this passion and love. But it's not.

Then some have babies out of wedlock as proof of the couple love and commitment for each other, or think that babies are magic relationship glue and that having children together creates an unbreakable couple bond... and viola! More food for dramas down the road.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:27 AM

55 posts, read 59,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I talk to my share of women and they ALWAYS have some drama filled past relationship story( all of which I don't want to hear). Where does all of that sh&t come from?Sometimes I really think it's them and not the person they are talking about I think some people really enjoy having drama in their relationships?
Drama is not specifically a "woman thing". What happens with a lot of women is that they fall for a handsome face, a great approach, a beautiful smile, lots of attention and fail to look beyond what is on the surface. They marry for all the wrong reasons, perhaps to get out of a bad life growing up, maybe fear of being alone and BAM "Mr. Right" turns into the Troll living under the bridge, booze, pills, pot, other women and more. If men and women both would be honest from day one then perhaps all the drama would go away? Ya think? How do I know about drama?? Three marriages; the first being to an alcoholic, pot smokin', woman chasing, non working moron who had me totally in the dark until after we were married, living in Northern Maine with a child. So, honey, make sure you always tell the truth to the women you meet, never not ever be a wolf in sheep's clothing. If you are lying about yourself when you meet them, trying to make yourself something you are not then you are officially a "DRAMA CREATOR".

In the meantime, if you don't want to hear the drama then find someone who hasn't been takin for the royal ride of dishonesty and ego..and..good luck with that one. Women can be gullible and fooled by what's on the outside pretty easily. It's not all our fault for sure.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:36 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,725,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I think some people really enjoy having drama in their relationships?
"Drama" is someone trying to be the center of attention.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:00 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,518,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth70 View Post
They are really bored and cannot find something more constructive to talk about.
Exactly. Perhaps if you attempt to redirect the conversation to mutual interests, current events, etc. then they will find the conversation stimulating enough to leave the exes out of it. I also think this may be some women's way of telling you what they don't want in a relationship.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:29 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,900,277 times
Some people just have a knack for finding it, and others are intent on "making their own".

Old 08-23-2009, 08:40 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Exactly. Perhaps if you attempt to redirect the conversation to mutual interests, current events, etc. then they will find the conversation stimulating enough to leave the exes out of it. I also think this may be some women's way of telling you what they don't want in a relationship.
So you must know plenty about drama dramamama.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:16 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,187,051 times
When I was younger my relationships got pretty dramatic. Especially my last long one before my dh. My ex was so dramatic, but he was a musician/artist/tortured soul. He couldn't help it. It was entertaining for a while, but nothing I wanted to spend my life doing. My dh, OTOH, is pretty mellow. Stuff just rolls off his back and that makes for an easy relationship. As others have stated, it takes two to tango.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:32 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,573 times
If you don't want drama, avoid women who drink and take drugs. I'm not even talking DUIs or arrests at this point - people, especially women, who drink often have pretty active emotions and will be all over the place in them!

If you want a woman who is centered, neutral and reasonable - look for a woman who doesn't drink or drug. That nips it in the bud right there. (And I am not talking about extremely religious types, either.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships