Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 05:43 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,336 times

Advertisements

I know this thread is old, but its REALLY bad out there for a lot of us singles. Im 25 and no where close to being married by the time I'm 30!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 08:17 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
I feel sorry for men and women trapped in cold, loveless, sexless marriages. In the absence of a suitable mate, I am happy to be single.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:30 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
I enjoy being single. I've realized the freedom I have in my situation and...

I feel sad for people who believe they have to be in a romantic relationship in order for their lives to be "complete."

Old 06-27-2010, 05:45 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
It's good and bad being single. Just like it's good and bad being married..
Right now dating for me is bad because of my work hours. It's just easier to hook up
with someone in the biz (bartender) although that really isn't happening anymore

Old 06-27-2010, 09:42 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
*I would love to experience being single* as it's something I've never really had. I got into my first ltr back in high school and have been a serial monogamist ever since. I haven't kissed another man since I was 21 years old and I must admit the thought excites me.

TKramar that's where my life is at at the moment as well - I spend every night sitting at home and it drives me mad. He doesn't want to go out, but he gets peeved if I go out on my own too much. When we are home together he zombies out on the computer.

I am 30 but I feel like I am 60 and been married for 40 years.

*I am just contributing to this thread, so no need to remind me I could easily be single *

Old 06-27-2010, 09:49 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Happy to be single. I recently given up on the dating scene.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:38 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
I've only been married 5 years, it feels longer, so I've forgotten what dating is like, but from the threads I read here it has to be awful out there. Seems like I read something here everyday about someone being played, indecisive dates, or dates who are psycho. Being married can be tough, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

How tough of a time are you single people having out there?
I was having a tough time until I decided to throw in the towel for a while! I only want a relationship after my head is clear of all the BS the bad ones have done to me over the years. I keep trying to have a open mind but get PO'd quickly at the rubbish I read on here. There is more games and BS going on now then ever! We are out there waiting for the women of the new millennium to get off their high horse and go back to the way it was before. Hell, if you are 10 pounds overweight, make 1K less than they think is adequate for THEM, or a inch shorter than they want you are outta there! Are you f***ing kidding me? The ones who don't think like this are getting harder and harder to find. They still do exist though. I am very-very stubborn and will sit and rot before I jump into a failure waiting to happen. The guys who don't care and risk it all will be ranting soon enough that she left me and yada yada yada! Don't settle for someone just because you don't have patience.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:33 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
*I would love to experience being single* as it's something I've never really had. I got into my first ltr back in high school and have been a serial monogamist ever since. I haven't kissed another man since I was 21 years old and I must admit the thought excites me.

TKramar that's where my life is at at the moment as well - I spend every night sitting at home and it drives me mad. He doesn't want to go out, but he gets peeved if I go out on my own too much. When we are home together he zombies out on the computer.

I am 30 but I feel like I am 60 and been married for 40 years.
Well, you are free to--

Quote:
*I am just contributing to this thread, so no need to remind me I could easily be single *
Oh.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:06 AM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Well, you are free to--

Oh.

hehehe!

Old 06-28-2010, 12:33 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
VG: I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to go out without him and let him stay home. He's a big boy, right? Can take care of himself, doesn't constantly need supervision?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships