Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 11:02 AM

94 posts, read 375,477 times

Advertisements

So there is a girl I work with and we get a long great. So great in fact, that we go as far as doing that "teasy/flirty" thing with each other all the time. I've confronted her about this before (although we were both REALLY drunk) and I got the impression that I was "just a really good friend." (this was about 5 months ago)

Well a couple nights ago me and some friends go out for some drinks, and she texts me about how she just got a phone number from some random dude and how she's "still got it!" Now right there I get kind of annoyed because I could care less about her getting random phone numbers, so I text back something a little harsh (telling her she better do a crim. background check since she's had trouble with guys before)... and we get into one of our back/forth teasing conversations. So finally I ask her if she wants to go grab drinks that night (everyone else had went home)... she was already at her "gay" friend's house so she said she was only going to have another drink or two and go home.

So what do you think... am I really "just a friend" or could there be something a little more and I just need to be more aggressive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 11:11 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
Why don't you trying being a bit more ballsy, tell her you like her and ask her out and then make some moves!!!!

Old 08-23-2009, 11:14 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,341 times
you are in the friend zone. she contacted you about other guys. its either you are in the friend zone, or she is trying to make you jealous in a stupid way.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:06 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
She could be sending you signals because she's not sure how you feel about her. I'll admit to doing something similar when there's a guy I like but I'm not sure if he's into me. I've never texted when something happened but I have mentioned in friendly conversation (after the fact) being out and having a guy hitting on me.

Maybe it does seem stupid but sometimes 1) Men who may be interested step up to the plate if they know you're attracting other men; and 2) Some men like to know that other men find you attractive. Let's face it -- if men think you're just sitting at home hoping they'll call, then you seem rather pathetic to them. For good reason!

Ask her out and see what happens. I think she's sending you signals.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:08 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
As Chris Rock once said about it - "Ya just never know!"

Old 08-23-2009, 07:17 PM

393 posts, read 1,498,259 times
I am in the exact same situation, but reversed: me being female and my friend being male. I think he may have deeper feelings for me but he's never said it, and only recently we've become closer by getting together more often (he initiates) and talking/texting more. When we are together I am happy and have a good time; I think he feels this too. At this point if he reached over to kiss me I would surely kiss him back, but he hasn't tried anything physical, only the occasional flirty joke. Maybe that's his way of making a move? Sorry to ramble - this is a tough thing because I don't want to screw up our friendship as I'm sure you don't either.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:01 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preditor74 View Post
So there is a girl I work with and we get a long great. So great in fact, that we go as far as doing that "teasy/flirty" thing with each other all the time. I've confronted her about this before (although we were both REALLY drunk) and I got the impression that I was "just a really good friend." (this was about 5 months ago)

Well a couple nights ago me and some friends go out for some drinks, and she texts me about how she just got a phone number from some random dude and how she's "still got it!" Now right there I get kind of annoyed because I could care less about her getting random phone numbers, so I text back something a little harsh (telling her she better do a crim. background check since she's had trouble with guys before)... and we get into one of our back/forth teasing conversations. So finally I ask her if she wants to go grab drinks that night (everyone else had went home)... she was already at her "gay" friend's house so she said she was only going to have another drink or two and go home.

So what do you think... am I really "just a friend" or could there be something a little more and I just need to be more aggressive?
Your annoyed bc you do care that shes getting random phone calls.
You can remain friends and see what happens or be honest. I'd stop calling
her as much, with the exception of work you see her there. Feelings don't
go away that quickly, the truth always comes out if you give it enough time.

Last edited by virgode; 08-23-2009 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: typing

Old 08-23-2009, 11:36 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,952 times
Quote:
So there is a girl I work with and we get a long great....So what do you think... am I really "just a friend" or could there be something a little more and I just need to be more aggressive?
1. It's never a good idea to date chicks you work with. Never. Once you get intimate, and then if you break up, it's just weird. Imagine having to bring her a stack of paperwork, sitting it down on her desk, knowing that you've seen her naked, and then looking at her boss. It's just weird. Trust me.. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

2. If you choose to disregard the previous statement, then you need to grow some Bojangles and make a move. Right now, you are just "friend". If you want to be more than just "friend", then you need to make a move.

3. Quit doubting yourself. Only you can see the signs and tell if she's interested or not. If she's flirting, there's a good chance that she is - unless she does this with everyone. If you want to make something happen in life, you just have to do it. Sitting on the sidelines never got anyone in the hall of fame.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:28 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,754 times
Quote:
So there is a girl I work with and we get a long great
thats where i stopped reading

DON'T DO IT

Old 08-24-2009, 09:37 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,424,911 times
Welcome to the friend zone. Come have a seat with us!

Chances are, if a girl is telling you about getting another guys number, she's not interested in you for anything more than just someone to be friends with and get advice from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships