Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 01:52 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,657,993 times

Advertisements

My sister in law ask me to go out for a "girls night out."
I have no family close by and of course, want to be friendly and go, but I`m really just content staying at home.
She wants to go to the rodeo, so she can see cowboys in their wranglers. Whoop- tee- doo!!
She is not happy in her marriage, and she even strays.
Do I find an excuse not to go, or just go for one night and have a good time?
If I do this, will I start a trend? My husband will need a boys night out next? Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 01:57 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I have no family close by and of course, want to be friendly and go, but I`m really just content staying at home.
She wants to go to the rodeo, so she can see cowboys in their wranglers. Whoop- tee- doo!!
If I do this, will I start a trend? My husband will need a boys night out next? Thoughts?
I wouldn't go...life is way to short to worry about what someone else is going to think about you....I would tell her you just don't want to go...you don't have to give her a reason...

if you find wholesome gals who want to go out...who are dedicated to their husbands, then I wouldn't worry about your husband going out once in a while...it's good to do so...as long as no one's hanging in bars...

yanno, if hubby is going to cheat, he doesn't need a night out to do so...if it isn't in someone to do, I believe they're not going to do it.

Hope it all works out for you...hugs
Creme

Old 08-23-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I wouldn't go...life is way to short to worry about what someone else is going to think about you....I would tell her you just don't want to go...you don't have to give her a reason...

if you find wholesome gals who want to go out...who are dedicated to their husbands, then I wouldn't worry about your husband going out once in a while...it's good to do so...as long as no one's hanging in bars...

yanno, if hubby is going to cheat, he doesn't need a night out to do so...if it isn't in someone to do, I believe they're not going to do it.

Hope it all works out for you...hugs
Creme
My thoughts exactly! My husband of course knows how she is. He even commented that she has screwed 'Tom, Dick, and Harry."
I ask him if he minded if I went and he said, No." He`s the sweetest thing. Him having a boys night out would probably consist of playing poker, and drinking whiskey out back in his barn!

Old 08-23-2009, 02:46 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,005,485 times
Yuck, that really sounds like it would be miserable for you. Unless you enjoy rodeo, of course! But sitting there watching her drool over cowboys and try to hook up with them, possibly, wouldn't be fun. I don't see how she could call it a "girls' night out" since it's really just an outing for her to explore her fantasies.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Yuck, that really sounds like it would be miserable for you. Unless you enjoy rodeo, of course! But sitting there watching her drool over cowboys and try to hook up with them, possibly, wouldn't be fun. I don't see how she could call it a "girls' night out" since it's really just an outing for her to explore her fantasies.
Bha ha ha ha ha .....

Old 08-23-2009, 02:55 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,330,045 times
Girls night out my a$$.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Girls night out my a$$.
Girls night out her ass.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:19 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,330,045 times
Quote:
Girls night out her ass.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:20 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,891,768 times
Quote:
That sounds like a sister-in-law's night out.

You should both mutually agree on something to do...not for one of you to be on the prowl. Let her do that with somebody else. It just seems underhanded...

Go out to dinner, go the movies, or go shopping or something else where you live. A married woman looking for someone else...is kind of looking for trouble.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:32 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
I think that you should skip your SIL's girls night out. Married women going out with other women is find and normal... just don't call it a girls night out and keep the activities fun but not outrageous as in going to a strip joint or sleazy bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships