Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does sex too soon cloud one's judgement?
Yes 38 74.51%
No 13 25.49%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 12:18 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,637,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's typical for most men; works the other way around for most women; hence, the problems... The poll should've been separate.
I disagree. I know it's easy to generalize about men and assume all them think the same, but they don't. Just as all women don't think the same as each other. A lot of men can become very attached to someone after sex. Likewise, a lot of women can completely disconnect their emotions from sex.

As to the OP's question, I think sex early has the potential for clouding your judgment. It depends on who you are, whether you're able to detach your emotions from sex, and how good the sex is. I dated one girl where we had a great connection, but the sex was mediocre. What clouded my judgment there wasn't the sex. It was the worry that if I walked away, I would never meet anyone I had so much in common with. Likewise, I slept with someone who I had very little in common with, but was still very attracted to. I knew she was all wrong for me, but it was hard to walk away cause of the sexual chemistry. And it wasn't always easy to figure out where my feelings were coming from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 12:49 PM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,666,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Likewise, I slept with someone who I had very little in common with, but was still very attracted to. I knew she was all wrong for me, but it was hard to walk away cause of the sexual chemistry. And it wasn't always easy to figure out where my feelings were coming from.
This exact same thing happened to me. I ended up trying to change her so she could work better with me and it was a mistake. Sleeping together too soon was not a good thing as I did not know her at all, and after that everything changed as we tried to force something that was not ever going to work otherwise...

Good stuff here. I agree completely, waiting is a good thing. Even a few weeks to a month is a very good idea! Lessons learned...

Old 08-26-2009, 01:33 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post
This exact same thing happened to me. I ended up trying to change her so she could work better with me and it was a mistake. Sleeping together too soon was not a good thing as I did not know her at all, and after that everything changed as we tried to force something that was not ever going to work otherwise...
I never tried to change her, but I did hope that the more time we spent together, the more I'd rub off on her. It never happened. Well it did, but that was a different kind of rubbing.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:36 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,946,475 times
Looks too can cloud good judgement.

Have you ever heard, "Oh yeah, but Dude! She is so frickn hot."

"Frickn hot" doesn't make her a good marriage mate.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:45 AM

236 posts, read 389,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Depends on the quality of the sex.

I agree. And even if its not so great, you will be so inclined to show the person the exit, but if you took more time in the first place you may be willing to give the person a second shot.

I think sex to early tends to mess things up in both a positive or negative way.

That is unless you both want it and .......hey!

Old 08-28-2009, 09:21 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,936,355 times
Sex is like a drug and it can cloud your judgment whether you have it now or later. Sex withdrawal also stinks and feels terrible. The bottom line is to realize that sex is virtually useless unless you want babies or are married, that way you are more certain to get sex and not suffer withdrawal. But when marriages go south the sex withdrawal can occur.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:08 PM

454 posts, read 688,486 times
I dont know why, but every guy who pretended to want a relationship with me turned out to be completely different after we had sex. Some waited 3 dates, 2 dates, 8 dates...and then stopped hanging out afterwards. A guy I had dated several times, we never had sex or spent the night or seen each other naked. One night I decided to give him a BJ and then the next day he accused me of cheating with another guy he hated. I never spoke or seen him since. I think had I not giving him the BJ, we would have still been hanging out.

Another guy would call and text me everyday, and on the 3rd date I gave in and had oral sex with him, but wouldnt give him my 'fruit'. He never seen me again and ignored me on my birthday the next week.

Another guy, we dated about 5 times before having sex. He got mad at me one day cause I wouldnt come over and let him do me. 2 dates later, I gave it up to him all night...and he stopped calling and ignored me on my birthday. He just recently sent me an email saying he's been 'going through things'. That tells me nothing.

Make them puppies pant, and cry...and then dont give them ****. A real man will wait for as long as it takes. I think 4 months is good. Not 3 dates, but months. To the point where he realizes who you are, y';all have argued and fought a couple times. I rather have **** buddies than to expect a man Im dating to stick around after sex. Once a man shoots his load, he's back online looking for the next ho.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
sex at any time clouds ones judgement, also extended periods of abstinence clouds judgement.
either way its a mess.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:10 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
I dont know why, but every guy who pretended to want a relationship with me turned out to be completely different after we had sex. Some waited 3 dates, 2 dates, 8 dates...and then stopped hanging out afterwards.

Make them puppies pant, and cry...and then dont give them ****. A real man will wait for as long as it takes. I rather have **** buddies than to expect a man Im dating to stick around after sex. Once a man shoots his load, he's back online looking for the next ho.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:27 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,857,976 times
Well my hubby and I had sex early on. I'm not sure if it clouded anyone's judgement but he asked me to marry him after we had known each other for only three weeks, lol so maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships