Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 03:15 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,600 times

Advertisements

Now I will say I am so happy for women who are married or have relationships. Love is a beautiful thing.

What I'm talking about are women who mention their husbands/boyfriends names about 500 times a day. Let me give you conversation examples:
What food to you like to eat?
Well I eat this but Alex likes this, and I made Alex this and three times a week Alex and I eat out because Alex likes to go out sometimes and sometimes he likes me to cook, Alex and I are going to try this new spot today that he mentioned to me because Alex likes new food.

Now that was a horrible run on sentence but I had to give you an example of how a typical question goes to an entire other level?
What is that all about?
Are these women who have never been in a relationship before or do they lack identity that bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 04:07 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,574,531 times
I've known people who talk about their husbands way too much yea... I also know this one lady who always refers to her husband by his first AND last name, that drives me crazy.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:15 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,891,134 times
I think it's a phase in life...when it happened to me, I think it was the late 20's or early 30's in age. After while you either lose those friends or they stop thinking about the husbands so much and concentrate on the kids or themselves. Or they get a divorce. If the girlfriends are driving you insane saying their man's name, imagine what they're doing to the guy...

I know what you mean, though. It's enough to make you not want to hang around those friends and either find someone else or do things by yourself. Sometimes you have to take a timeout from what you thought were grown up friends!

Unfortunately, life is full of those wierd kinds of phases! Hang in there...or make plans with other people or your family or just yourself...

Old 08-23-2009, 04:28 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
They're just in love up to their eyeballs and have a one-track mind. Let'em enjoy it while it lasts.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:30 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times
that seems to be every women I come across.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:31 PM

985 posts, read 2,600,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
They're just in love up to their eyeballs and have a one-track mind. Let'em enjoy it while it lasts.
I second that, it's a hell of a lot better than listening to them whine about their husbands every time you see them. Trust me!

Old 08-23-2009, 04:33 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
I second that, it's a hell of a lot better than listening to them whine about their husbands every time you see them. Trust me!
No kidding.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:34 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Actually, I think it shows a big lack of self-esteem and perhaps some unhealthy control "their men" have over them. The same goes for the hen-pecked husbands I've met who can't seem to answer a simple question without giving their wives' opinions, instead. In both scenarios, it sometimes seems as though they're trying to talk themselves into their spouses being really awesome.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Actually, I think it shows a big lack of self-esteem and perhaps some unhealthy control "their men" have over them. The same goes for the hen-pecked husbands I've met who can't seem to answer a simple question without giving their wives' opinions, instead. In both scenarios, it sometimes seems as though they're trying to talk themselves into their spouses being really awesome.
Sorry, so not true. I saw myself in the o/p from just one relationship and he was the sweetest guy in the world, never controlling, demanding, or hen-pecked for that matter. I just had him on my mind every minute of the day. In fact, I still do. And I have a very healthy self esteem. It's called love, plain and simple.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:37 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
Women who self-identify through men --

They are seeking action and excitement in the wrong ways. They have a fundamental misunderstanding of what their purpose in life is. You should find your excitement in life through hobbies and interests - NOT in people. If you depend on anyone (not just SO's) to supply you with an enriching life - you WILL have a nasty fall at some point. There's a lot of truth in the statement "Get a Hobby". I have, and has it ever helped me think more clearly and feel more emotionally enriched - more than any one (even any woman) could. Sorry to sound cruel, but at this point, I'd rather be alone with my hobbies than with women. Life's a lot simpler this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships