Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:46 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times

Advertisements

Men: Would you approach a woman while she was with another man? Not necessarily when the man is with the woman at the moment, but when he leaves her side to go to the restroom, bar, etc.?

If so, why did you do it? To compliment her? Figured what do you have to lose? Wanted to ask her a question/curious about something?

How do you guys feel about another man approaching your date/SO knowing she's there with you, but waiting for the opportunity to approach her when she's alone?

Ladies: Has this happened to you? How did/do you react? Do you converse with them? Do you politely tell them you're with someone?

Have any of you ever approached a man when he was clearly with another woman? What was your reasoning?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 06:50 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
I'm sure it's fairly common. I've had it happen. Even had friends of a guy I was with say something to me while my guy was out of earshot. I don't say anything most of the time b'c it would just look like I was trying to start a fight. Just ignoring is how I handle it.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:51 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Men: Would you approach a woman while she was with another man?

Yea, if the guy looked gay or if the guy looked like her bodyguard otherwise I would keep it moving...

Old 08-23-2009, 06:55 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
This is funny to think about. I was out with a group to see a friend's band and I was approached by one of the guys in another band. I was sitting in my best friend's lap - a guy - and this guy comes up and starts hitting on me. He was putting his hand on my back and leaning in to get closer to me (it was loud) and after a few minutes he told me that he and his wife were interested in taking me home. I thought it was pretty bold considering I was sitting in another man's lap. Maybe he was high or something, I don't know. I just told him thanks, but no thanks.

And just a few weeks ago, I was out with a guy whom I have been casually dating and when I came out of the restroom, a woman was sitting next to him. She immediately said something along the lines of "don't worry, I talk to everyone," and I joked that if she wanted him she could have him. We ended up becoming friends!

I would never approach a man that was with another woman. But that's just me.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
do it all the time, ask em to dance.
being told no is very painful but that is my practice.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:57 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
I've had it happen to me a lot, but it's not something I would ever do. I'm all about that respect thing!

Old 08-23-2009, 07:11 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Men: Would you approach a woman while she was with another man? Not necessarily when the man is with the woman at the moment, but when he leaves her side to go to the restroom, bar, etc.?

No, I would never do anything like that.

Quote:

How do you guys feel about another man approaching your date/SO knowing she's there with you, but waiting for the opportunity to approach her when she's alone?
A man who would do this does so at great risk to his continued existence.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:22 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,531,403 times
decorum dictates otherwise. the problem today is that not enough people have experienced a good asswhipping in their lifetime. I blame the problem on the emasculation of little boys during grade school where proper male to male behavior is sorted out.

I would never do that to another guy and if another guy did it to me and I saw it he would quickly be needing to call 911 but he better be able to type while he's getting his nose broken.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:37 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
No never, it's disrespectful, and I wouldn't want anything to do with a woman who would give another man the time of day why she's out on a date anyway.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:31 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,740 times
Quote:

If so, why did you do it? To compliment her? Figured what do you have to lose? Wanted to ask her a question/curious about something?

I hate to say, I've done this before.. I've been in a few situations where the couple aren't together, and it's usually obvious, so in that case I'll give it a try.. Usually though, I'll talk to the guy first, just to make sure that they aren't an item. But, I've made a couple mistakes, and, for awhile, had the black eye to prove it.

I don't do that as much as I used to, but I've learned to be careful with it. If the two are obviously together, I just stay away.

As far as someone coming on to my date when we're out, really, I just don't care. I tend to have more fun with it then he does. It's always amusing to walk up, put my hand on her back, cast a mischevious grin at him, and then offer to buy him a drink. I usually end up with the "Oh Shi...." look.

Good times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships