Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 11:13 AM

37,728 posts, read 46,191,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
You all are cracking me up.

It's very important to me that I can offer you amusement from routine threads, despite that it's about my silly ole life.

For now, I am done with men. No relationships. I am leaving Florida in a few months, so why even bother. . . til then, I will hang here with you all, safe and sound!
Well I just tried to rep ya, but my fingers aren't back in keyboard mode after a week of doing nothing but stroking the clear water down in Siesta Key.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 11:18 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,593,507 times
JeepGirl - maybe he thought you looked like Susan Lucci!

Did you happen to look like her that day like when she was younger?

Old 08-27-2009, 12:04 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,882,943 times
wow he violated the primary rule... using a first name. babe,baby and sweetie are safe... names will always cause a prob.
Does make me wonder who Susan is....
I have had the same thing happen... well they didnt call me Susan but you get the picture. Since I know they were vrigins and had dated i figure its always fun to tease them... you can get lots of distance and maybe some jewelry out of it...lol

Old 08-27-2009, 12:12 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,406,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
babe,baby and sweetie are safe...
See I don't like babe, baby, sweetie, hon, boo, etc. In my player days that's how I got away with talking to a boy while I was with another and I'd send group text messages to all of them saying "Morning Boo! Miss you" so now I'm super adamant about being called by my name at all times.

Guilt

Old 08-27-2009, 01:28 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,033,922 times
Quote:
Mr Top Secret Wonderful turned out to be a dud this past weekend in the Keys.

While kissing me.

OK, it was while more than kissing me but we weren't doing "that," he said so lovingly, "Susan."

Long story short, my name is not Susan.

His ex is not Susan.

It kind of ruined the mood.

Have you ever been called the wrong name by someone during an intimate moment?
I can top this. I always suspected my ex pig had the hots for my sister. One night he called me by her name--at a very inopportune moment. Yes, it's true. And she has an unusual name, as do I, so I know it was no accident. Talk about ouch!

Old 08-27-2009, 06:38 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,424,817 times
Quote:

Yep. My husband said "I love you Deb" right before he was about to get into bed (and we weren't going to sleep.) Deb is his ex-wife's name. We were were together about a year at that point and he was three sheets to the wind, so I laughed it off, but he definitely didn't get any nookie that night.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:56 PM

508 posts, read 1,109,435 times
Quote:
For now, I am done with men. No relationships. I am leaving Florida in a few months, so why even bother. . .
Really? No guys good enough down there and you're willing to trade everything for snow? Wow... from your posts, you seem sweet and I can't imagine why you're having such a streak... I suddenly feel really bad for all the ladies in Tampa.....

oh, to be young again...
Sounds like the area is ripe for a decent single guy to swing in and reap the benefits.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:30 PM

985 posts, read 2,604,076 times
Quote:

While kissing me.

OK, it was while more than kissing me but we weren't doing "that," he said so lovingly, "Susan."

His ex is not Susan.

Maybe it was an honest slip up? I called my ex Mork while kissing once because I'd recently watched a marathon of Mork & Mindy lol. Maybe he saw someone on TV named Susan?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:53 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,092,910 times
Quote:

While kissing me.

His ex is not Susan.

Yeah - I always hate it when a guy calls me "Steve" of "Bill" or "Greg" during one of those kinds of sessions!

Old 08-28-2009, 06:48 AM

109 posts, read 299,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
Maybe it was an honest slip up? I called my ex Mork while kissing once because I'd recently watched a marathon of Mork & Mindy lol. Maybe he saw someone on TV named Susan?
That is not so far-fetched, actually. I had a boyfriend some time ago whom I called by a different name, a name that did not belong to anyone I know.

And it happened more than once, to the point where I was so baffled myself that I did not even try to utter an explanation. I had never ever met anyone by that name and I only figure somehow I associated the boyfriend's looks with the ringing in the name.

JeepGirl, maybe you look how a typical Susan looks like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships