Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 06:35 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,900,644 times

Advertisements

This is for EVERYONE.

Do you have any special "moves" that you use one a date or afterwards to get the person to open up to you, or let them know you are interested?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 08:04 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
This is for EVERYONE.

Do you have any special "moves" that you use one a date or afterwards to get the person to open up to you, or let them know you are interested?
I date via internet. First date is something easy, casual, not really a date.

Second date, I offer to walk them home, stop to say goodbye well before the doorstep as to not lead on that I'm looking to be invited in.

And the last thing I do is I say "goodnight" and I lay the kiss on, short and sweet, then get out of there.

I do this for two reasons:

1. It not only shows I'm interested, but I'm also trying to gauge HER interest. If she kisses me back then there's a chance. If she turns her head then I know she's not into me.

2. It shows I have confidence and that I'm a man with a backbone, not afraid to take risks, and that I'm not afraid to go after something if I want it. Girls like that.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:07 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,180,768 times
Quote:
This is for EVERYONE.

Yes, move out of town. That usually piques their interest.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:10 AM

109 posts, read 298,924 times
I like it when men call or text briefly after the first date after they get home - just a short note to say they had a nice time or something to that effect. Then give it a day or two and follow up with another invitation. Not the ones who do the 'let eons pass by in between to show you're not desperate' move.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:17 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,424,458 times
If I want someone to open up to me, get to know them better when talking to them.....will get them talking about what they are passionate about. After that they are more likely to open up.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:22 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossing over View Post
I like it when men call or text briefly after the first date after they get home - just a short note to say they had a nice time or something to that effect. Then give it a day or two and follow up with another invitation. Not the ones who do the 'let eons pass by in between to show you're not desperate' move.
I agree with this, but this works better with girls 25+

After 25 women are tired of playing games. I used to wait the 3-5 days to call, and it naturally had a positive effect on younger girls, and really really attractive women.

But now that I'm older, I may text to let them know I got home okay if they ask me to, but usually now I' just call the next day, let them know I had a nice time last night, and ask them out again.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:23 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,917,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Yes, move out of town. That usually piques their interest.
Actually this is quite effective.

Depends on age...but for many women a Platinum Amex card or better usually works

Old 08-31-2009, 08:31 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,947,750 times
Check mate.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:45 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,180,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Actually this is quite effective.

Depends on age...but for many women a Platinum Amex card or better usually works
I am the woman...just in case that was unknown.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:10 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,638,795 times
Quote:
To get them to open up, I look them in the eyes when they're talking, I smile, and I do something that a lot of guys fail at. I listen. You'd be amazed how well this works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships