Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2009, 07:18 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,061,199 times

Advertisements

It's truly interesting to see how many people automatically think that gamers ignore everything else that life has to offer.

I enjoy reading.

I enjoy going outside with my wife and daughter.

I enjoy learning about new things (which, by the by, gaming can help you with.)

But I also enjoy gaming. Especially RPGs and the such, for the same reason I enjoy reading a good fantasy novel: I enjoy a good story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 07:46 PM

253 posts, read 1,057,164 times
This woman finds it awesome as I am also an active, longtime and avid gamer. Grew up during the first generation of console gaming and have been hooked every since owning almost all the consoles that have been released and then some including a small collection of old arcade machines.

I am also a huge fan of many other gaming formats including MMOs/MMORRPGs, traditional RPGs, handhelds, virtual worlds, casual games, board games, word games, card games, strategy/puzzle games, old-style arcade machines, table games, leisure games (bowling, laser tag, mini-golf), old recess and playground games (tetherball, four square, handball, hop scotch, dodgeball) and so forth. I love it all.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:56 PM

422 posts, read 758,626 times
I'm 39 and love playing Halo 3 and Call of duty 3, and Call of duty 4 and my wife does not mind one bit....grant it I don't play a lot (honestly I don't) but I have all the equipment to play with. But when I do play she does not bother me one bit and she has "zero" problems with me playing video games....women that get mad at their hubby's because they play video games just get mad because they don't have any hobbies (reading, shopping, etc etc doesn't count) and expect their husband to fill up all their wahh wahh me me time......there..hope I didn't hurt anyone...but truth hurts

Old 09-02-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
It's also bad for your health...
Adults Playing Video Games: Health Risks?

stupid
stupid
stupid

yahhh like stewie says..."that's just wrong man...just wrong"

Old 09-02-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asil1 View Post
I hate saying this but most women in this state of their lives are trying to make a family. It requires work. All the time... Mowing the lawn, finding stock investments, getting the car ready for a road trip ( oil, cleaning, carpet cleaning) and dishes, inside cleaning, and food. Its nice that all of you think you have time for leisure... (holds head in couch position waiting for bombs)

Okay I'll throw some C4 at ya....women mowing the lawn?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???? wth....man I've never..NEVER ever seen a woman mowing the lawn in my neighborhood...and we have a huge neighborhood and know almost everyone here...and NEVERRRRR have I seen a women mowing the lawn...especially in the summer...oil change???? oh man...ok...yah my wife cringes at the sight of car oil..and she does not like to go to the garages to change oil...and neither do my friends wives...oh brother....okay some stuff up there that you wrote is true...but comeon......wow...hump day humor...that was a blast...

Old 09-02-2009, 09:46 PM

562 posts, read 2,407,564 times
My husband plays computer games more than I would like. He also

works 40+ hrs a week
takes care of our home(mostly)maintenence
parents 4 children
pays all bills

What he does not do: hang out in bars, drink(other than Pepsi), smoke, have sports on all the time,gamble,hook up with other women that are"friends",spend all his time in the garage,etc....

My theory is that most men have a "vice" or fault, you just have to find one who's bad habit you can live with. I don't get the gaming thing, but it certainly is no more immature than the way lots of other men spend their time.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:00 PM

191 posts, read 120,417 times
I would have to agree with you 'fabumom07'!! I don't get the whole gaming thing either. I myself found out early in my life that I wasn't a good "loser". So I decided instead of playing, losing, and then blaming others and breaking the remote over my brothers head, I would just stay away from the things all together.

BUT, I love football! So....if my partner were to tell me that football was immature and took up too much of my Sundays...I would tell him off in a heartbeat! So....if he on occassion wants to enjoy his time by playing a little Halo or Call of Duty....then go ahead! Can't complain if the yardwork and my car gets its routine maintenance.

I have starbucks and he has video games (sometimes). Like I said I don't mind it being an occasional leisure activity. I don't automatically assume that it is a sign of immaturity, no more than assuming that every person that plays chess in their spare time is a genius!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:03 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,595,650 times
A Man gets Married.......Then he's finished.

Last edited by njguy; 09-02-2009 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: Edited the line.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:40 PM

358 posts, read 985,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabumom07 View Post
My theory is that most men have a "vice" or fault, you just have to find one who's bad habit you can live with. I don't get the gaming thing, but it certainly is no more immature than the way lots of other men spend their time.
Yeah, women aren't perfect either, lady.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:45 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,726,230 times
Yep find me a woman that doesn't have a shopping addiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships