Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2009, 10:47 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,685,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
Personally, I think they are wasting their lives in front of an entertainment cube that offers no real benefit. I also think it is a HUGE sign of immaturity, and that they are still focused on the instant gratification of the game, which is a sign of being immature and unable to focus on something (like reading, education, learning a skill, etc) that will give them something back in the long run.

Go ahead, flame me . Those types of video games have always been verboten in my home.
It depends on how much they play the games, and if they're neglecting their job or family to play them. Personally, I'm a female that loves gaming, but I am not an "addict". I have the ability to put down the controller and walk away from it when it's time to clean house or cook a meal or spend time with friends and family. For me, it's no worse than someone watching television or reading a book. It's just another form of entertainment and I don't see any issues with it unless it's taken to excess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 10:47 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,583,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Yep find me a woman that doesn't have a shopping addiction.
Most likely in a cemetery or urn near you.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:50 PM

191 posts, read 120,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGosh Josh View Post
Yeah, women aren't perfect either, lady.
This is true! I agree with you entirely. For instance, some women get irritated because of men who want to watch the "game". Yet there are women like me who if you CHANGE the game......there will be some heavy duty screaming in the house!!!!

Go figure.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:53 PM

358 posts, read 983,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary12345 View Post
This is true! I agree with you entirely. For instance, some women get irritated because of men who want to watch the "game". Yet there are women like me who if you CHANGE the game......there will be some heavy duty screaming in the house!!!!

Go figure.
That's my kinda woman!

Old 09-03-2009, 06:14 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
A Man gets Married.......Then he's finished.
What if a man gets married to a gamer?

Old 09-03-2009, 06:30 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,583,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
What if a man gets married to a gamer?
Then he's still finished because of the ramifications of getting married in the "femisphere" will come and it will not be pleasant maybe minus the gaming.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:46 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,958,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGosh Josh View Post
Yeah, women aren't perfect either, lady.
Video games are great to tune out women when necessary

No seriously, all the people that think its so immature and life wasting are immature and closetminded to begin with for thinking so. The shopping comment is a perfect example...not all women do it though. And I'll complain about it but I also understand women's minds are built differently than men so I just let it go....as opposed to all you narrowminded freaks who knock the hobby.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:40 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,004,815 times
So I get home last night and played my Wii for about 40 minutes. I then went out and played Tennis with friends, including a 77 year old man who had a knee replacement in June. We split the sets (1-1) and he was the best player on the court. I then came home, talked to my girl, and a friend, and did some reading before falling asleep for the night.

I'd probably sound like a well rounded guy if not for the Wii. That's according to some of your opinions.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:17 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Video games helped me in school. Thanks to Legend of Zelda I was the best one at problem solving in grade school and Pacman made me the fastest at mazes and word searches. Tetris helped me with graphing. Almost all the games I played involved some sort of reading. It's not all bad

Old 09-03-2009, 09:20 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,958,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Video games helped me in school. Thanks to Legend of Zelda I was the best one at problem solving in grade school and Pacman made me the fastest at mazes and word searches. Tetris helped me with graphing. Almost all the games I played involved some sort of reading. It's not all bad
I guarantee you video gamers on average have much better hand-eye coordination than non-gamers as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships