Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 11:10 AM

562 posts, read 2,404,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGosh Josh View Post
Yeah, women aren't perfect either, lady.
Excuse-moi?? You have obviously not completed you "marital mind-set training manual" .

Honestly though, more women complain about their guys faults than vice-versa. Men are much more tolerant overall. Lots of marriages end because the wife is convinced that hubby has this or that bad habit and she will be happier with some other problem free fantasy guy. Men are usually happy if they are fed and get s*x. So in this way men are superior.

Still, I will say that more often the man has the "childish" pastime. Argue if you will.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 11:15 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,177,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Video games helped me in school. Thanks to Legend of Zelda I was the best one at problem solving in grade school and Pacman made me the fastest at mazes and word searches. Tetris helped me with graphing. Almost all the games I played involved some sort of reading. It's not all bad
One word: Xenogears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Video games are great to tune out women when necessary
Not when the woman is right next to you... kicking your hindtail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
What if a man gets married to a gamer?
Depends if she'd choose The Sims over say... Gears of War. If she'd rather play the Sims or Barbie Makeover, then you're hosed. If she'd join you on World of Warcraft or CoD, then you're good.

Valhalla Knights coop tonight?

Old 09-03-2009, 11:33 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,436,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I guarantee you video gamers on average have much better hand-eye coordination than non-gamers as well.
I seriously doubt that. Maybe (real life) hockey, baseball, basketball players, golfers, or boxers (because it involves realistic peripherals). Not someone who sits on a couch for hours and kills cartoon warlocks staring at a small tv screen. That is just isnt true to real life situations where hand-eye coordination would come into play.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:55 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,050,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
I seriously doubt that. Maybe (real life) hockey, baseball, basketball players, golfers, or boxers (because it involves realistic peripherals). Not someone who sits on a couch for hours and kills cartoon warlocks staring at a small tv screen. That is just isnt true to real life situations where hand-eye coordination would come into play.

I take it you've never seen the Time Crisis series, or heard of the Wii?

Games most certainly do help with hand-eye cooridnation. That much has been proven. It does also help with reading, as numerous RPGs do involve alot of reading. As Rita mentioned, Xenogears is a perfect example of this. If you take the game's script and release it by itself, it'd be a novel that'd rival a Lord of the Rings book. (I specifically remember one instance where there was an hour's worth of text, with the graphics to play along with it.)

Video games are a good thing to have in society. As a learning tool, as a weight-loss tool (Wii Fit and DDR anyone?), or just a pure escape from reality when times get tough. (Which, by the by, in these tough times of economy, you know what's effected the least? Video Games.)

Not all video games are immature, not all video games are meant for a teen-to-preteen aged child. I'd love to see a preteen try to comprehend the complexity of the Metal Gear series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post

Valhalla Knights coop tonight?

No.

Halo.

Yer goin' down.

Last edited by twinArmageddons; 09-03-2009 at 12:18 PM..

Old 09-03-2009, 03:07 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,688,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabumom07 View Post
Excuse-moi?? You have obviously not completed you "marital mind-set training manual" .

Honestly though, more women complain about their guys faults than vice-versa. Men are much more tolerant overall. Lots of marriages end because the wife is convinced that hubby has this or that bad habit and she will be happier with some other problem free fantasy guy. Men are usually happy if they are fed and get s*x. So in this way men are superior.

Still, I will say that more often the man has the "childish" pastime. Argue if you will.....
Many people think the grass is always greener, but every person has problems or negative points.

It is true most of us men have simple needs and if those needs are met we are relatively happy.

However where I will diverge is "childish" pastimes. Technically playing basketball or riding a bike could be considered childish. Personally I choose not to label what other people do. As long as what others do doesn't conflict with my personal space or harm others, they can do whatever pleases them.

Today in the modern world people are so selfish in the sense they demand constant attention and feeding along with the strong focus on tangible property and money. Having balance in life is good. That means having hobbies, an "escape" and some private space. If video games are a part of that then it's a good thing.

I see many marriages that combust because the female needed constant attention and feeding. Many women don't like those distractions because it means that by engaging in them the woman is not constant entertained and feted.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:27 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,050,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

I see many marriages that combust because the female needed constant attention and feeding. Many women don't like those distractions because it means that by engaging in them the woman is not constant entertained and feted.
I'm glad I never met a woman like that. With the exception of one, every woman I have dated has shared my interest in gaming on some level. And now I'm married to a woman who I have to fight for the time to play the 360. But I really wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:36 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,406,419 times
Interesting to read so many deciding what is contructive to do as a hobby and bashing what they consider useless.The one girl who broke my heart told me playing guitar and playing in bands and hanging with the people I did was a waste of time.She told me I should look into a more useful to thing to do like being a paramedic,nurse,or something that had a future.

So I did,I basically cut off playing guitar,stopped jamming in a band,cut my hair,started looking into "useful" careers which in the end I failed at anyway because my spirit wasn't there.In the end I was run over like a mac truck by her,and left wondering who the hell I was.I still didn't touch my guitar for a few years after her because besides the total heart break I was spiritually broken like a dog or horse that has been beat too much.

Latter I found my rock n roll self again and never ever will I loose sight of who I am to appease someone else for what they think is "worthy" in life so I cringe when I see posts about "go to school instead,go to the park instead,grow up".They say play can complex the mind.I go thru phases where I play video games sometimes,haven't in a year but I will again when I get bored of other things I like as hobbies for a while.I like thinking/strategy games like Civilization and have actually learned a little about history from the game so not all games are mindless mush.

Alot of us have 2,000-5,000,10,000 posts on this forum and you rag on others for how they spend their time?Personally I don't think posting on CD is a waste but don't throw stones in a glass house......

Old 09-03-2009, 04:29 PM

429 posts, read 685,166 times
I think its a waste of time but guys probably think that getting my nails done is stupid too.If you dont like anything about that person ,why are you with them?

Old 09-03-2009, 07:46 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,586,986 times
Quote:
What if a man gets married to a gamer?
All his co-workers and friends are jealous then. http://www.frogueros.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif (broken link) (The men, I mean. The women don't like that usually)

Quote:
No.

Halo.
3? on 360? hm... gamertags?

Old 09-03-2009, 11:36 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,952,899 times
I wouldn't mind it at all. I'm a 25 year old married woman who still plays video games, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships