Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 12:06 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times

Advertisements

women just like to suck the fun out of life

Anything that bleeds for a few days and doesn't die has to be evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 03:24 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I wouldn't mind it at all. I'm a 25 year old married woman who still plays video games, lol
Maybe when you're 34 like me, you'll still be married and play too, I love games.

It starts when you're young, in my generation it was the Intellevision, Commodore games, and Atari. From there it becomes almost a comfort.

I went through a year after cancelling my wow account. I had been writing a fantasy fiction novel for 6 months, and went completely dry. DH knew instantly why....

He connected me up to a fun server for a few days and I could place a toon out in the forest, sit her down, and the story and plot returned all over again. That game, as much as people say its addicting (which at first it was), became an inspiration for my novels.

Just one hobby flowing into others, my DH uses the customizeable interfaces as a hobby and writes mods and add-ons for the blizzard forum fan base. Sometimes we'll both log in, but never actually play. He's writing a program and I am taking notes on the next invasion in my novel.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:04 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
Maybe when you're 34 like me, you'll still be married and play too, I love games.

It starts when you're young, in my generation it was the Intellevision, Commodore games, and Atari. From there it becomes almost a comfort.

I went through a year after cancelling my wow account. I had been writing a fantasy fiction novel for 6 months, and went completely dry. DH knew instantly why....

He connected me up to a fun server for a few days and I could place a toon out in the forest, sit her down, and the story and plot returned all over again. That game, as much as people say its addicting (which at first it was), became an inspiration for my novels.

Just one hobby flowing into others, my DH uses the customizeable interfaces as a hobby and writes mods and add-ons for the blizzard forum fan base. Sometimes we'll both log in, but never actually play. He's writing a program and I am taking notes on the next invasion in my novel.

You're right, it is a comforting sort of thing. It takes me back to childhood, and I also just LOVE these games. I mostly play old Sega and Nintendo games from when I was a kid. I have some newer games though.

What's funny is that I teach 1st grade, and the kids talk to me about video games. I always tell them how I love playing video games, and the little boys think it's so cool. It definitely helps create a pleasant bond between me and my students.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:12 AM

951 posts, read 1,811,244 times
Default What do women think of men who still play video games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
So...I notice that the vast majority of my guy friends that are my age (20's-early 30s) are still playing video games on a regular basis.
I don't know if this was discussed but what if he took up this "vile habit" after the age of 30?

Does this make any difference? At least you could say that he isn't "still" playiing video games.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:35 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
I'm pushing 40 and I play worlds of warcraft predominantly along with my sons. It's given us something to do together and bond around. I rarely watch sports, I don't golf and I don't watch much TV so this is my entertainment outlet.

I still go out, exercise, work a good job etc. so any woman having a problem with a hobby I enjoy (that I'm able to do with my kids) is going to have to arrive at her own decision regarding me, but this isn't something I'd give ground on.

P.S. It's an incredibly effective discipline tool for my kids. Chores, homework etc. have to be done or no gaming. They also have to get exercise, play outside or again...no gaming.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:43 PM

339 posts, read 2,205,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm pushing 40 and I play worlds of warcraft predominantly along with my sons. It's given us something to do together and bond around. I rarely watch sports, I don't golf and I don't watch much TV so this is my entertainment outlet.

I still go out, exercise, work a good job etc. so any woman having a problem with a hobby I enjoy (that I'm able to do with my kids) is going to have to arrive at her own decision regarding me, but this isn't something I'd give ground on.

P.S. It's an incredibly effective discipline tool for my kids. Chores, homework etc. have to be done or no gaming. They also have to get exercise, play outside or again...no gaming.
Strong username posting in a thread like this

Old 09-04-2009, 02:56 PM

291 posts, read 611,034 times
well it is imature- but i didnt need this forum to tell me that.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:00 PM

66 posts, read 194,951 times
Wink Everything In Moderation !

No problem if the guy doesn't overdue it - - If he doesn't know how many times constitutes overdueing it - - than he probably IS overdueing it !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
So...I notice that the vast majority of my guy friends that are my age (20's-early 30s) are still playing video games on a regular basis. Most of them just come home from work and hit the XBOX or ps3. I cant stand the things. They bore me to no end, and I'd rather be out doing things in life. Anyways....what do women think about men that play video games? Since a good portion of my friends that are video game addicts are married I'm assuming that most women don't mind??

Old 09-04-2009, 03:03 PM

Talking CHAOS would insue with women

For the most part - without women - men would be running wild all over the place - causing nothing but caos. . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
women just like to suck the fun out of life

Anything that bleeds for a few days and doesn't die has to be evil.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:09 PM

Question Anti-social ?

Yep, the kids I've known that play too many computer games have anti-social behavior in many instances. Just make sure they know how to treat other people - speak on the phone and get along in other social gatherings. . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
Strong username posting in a thread like this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships