Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 01:48 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I like to play video games and I don't give a dam what anyone thinks about it. If they don't like it, tough. They can hit the road.
~rainroosty~ (mid-fifties)

Hey you old fart. I'm 43.

What do you play?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 01:50 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Well...in my defense...I'm not throwing myself at guys...I'm just saying that if I met a guy I liked and found out that he liked video games too, I would love that.

Most guys I've dated either aren't into video games, or were turned off by the fact that I played.
Hang on, let me get a divorce real quick.

/just kidding.

But seriously. I can't believe you aren't being chased around with a club and a net.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:12 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Hang on, let me get a divorce real quick.

/just kidding.

But seriously. I can't believe you aren't being chased around with a club and a net.
I"ve been told that I'm the type of girl that lots of guys would like. But I'm just being myself. And I'll never stop playing video games. I'm just responsible about it.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:52 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,397 times
older folk have a old view of gaming as a kids thing when most of them are made for people 20+.

Why do you care anyway? it is entertainment, like watching tv, movies, or surfing a forum

Old 09-02-2011, 11:32 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I also have other attributes that the TOS prevents me from getting into.
I have, shall we say, long fingers. Good for playing games.

They may be games that involve plugging into an outlet, so to speak. And a joystick of sorts.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:48 AM

244 posts, read 333,189 times
I'm a female and not a teenager and play video games a lot on xbox and pc. Of course I don't mind men playing them, as long as they are playing good games and play with me.

I agree that there are better things to do outside of the house, but then one video game can provide months and months of playing time, some can easily go over a year. A new game costs around $60. If you do the math, it's a cheat entertainment.

Those men who play video games a lot do go out and do other stuff that their women like to do also. That's how they are able to maintain the relationships. I do that with my bf and I think we have a good balance of things.

To me, video games provide the experience I can only imagine in real life. There's sense of adventure, fantasy, wars, monsters, ranking up, spells, weapons, tanks, flying, etc. It keeps my imagination alive where I don't get to do in real life with the line of boring work I have. It is definitely a necessity for me.

If you are one of the lucky people who actually love what you do for a living, or you use your creativity to the max at your job, maybe video games don't seem to make sense to you. Or it seems like a childish hobby, and all of my coworkers, except few guys, look at me like I'm crazy. And it's ok.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:52 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Depends on the woman and it depends on the guy. Mrs. Lao was not thrilled that I told her about me taking a vacation day on November 8th so I can play Modern Warfare 3 from just after midnight until just before midnight. But I dont care. I am soooooooo looking forward to this game. I have chick friends who are gamers, and can often be seen on G4TV, and others who work in the gaming industry and they are all looking forward to this game and call me "lucky" for taking the day off to play.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
The great Olivia Munn prefers guys who are gamers. If she says its okay, then everyone should say its okay. She's a HUUUUUGEEE gamer chick so what she says goes.

http://www.perfectpeople.net/photo-picture-image-media/Olivia-Munn-1632x2464-439kb-media-3351-media-132277-1203294902.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-27-2011, 12:33 PM

244 posts, read 333,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Depends on the woman and it depends on the guy. Mrs. Lao was not thrilled that I told her about me taking a vacation day on November 8th so I can play Modern Warfare 3 from just after midnight until just before midnight. But I dont care. I am soooooooo looking forward to this game. I have chick friends who are gamers, and can often be seen on G4TV, and others who work in the gaming industry and they are all looking forward to this game and call me "lucky" for taking the day off to play.
Good for you. I am looking forward to MW3 as well. Although I won't be as hardcore as some people are about it. lol

Old 10-29-2011, 10:45 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,348 times
I haven't read every post but here I go: im 26 and I still play video games. No I don't go to the midnight launches and no I don't play everyday until 3 am. I work and I have a life. But I would also spend a few hours on the weekends playing, when im chilling and just want to keep it chill. Ladies, let me ask you this: if you can't see your man this weekend, would you rather have him at a club with the fellas or at home with the fellas watching football, eating pizza and playing video games?

I don't see the big deal. I personally don't see how a woman can shop all day but im not going to moan about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships