Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2016, 04:06 PM

454 posts, read 311,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Lol at comparing video games to barbie dolls.

Plenty of people ages 40+ play video games. It seems like you wouldn't want your SO to play video games for even 1 minute.

Not all gamers play 24/7, some know how to have a healthy balance.
I'm 45 and still play video games from time to time. I don't play often but I'll play on the Wii U (especially on the rare off chance I can get my kids to play with me) or a bit of WOW every once in a while. As long as you have a sense of balance and moderation, it's not a big deal.

Last edited by CAOU812; 04-27-2016 at 04:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 04:08 PM

454 posts, read 311,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
This. Very close-minded. It's like some don't think you can have multiple hobbies. One who enjoys games can still want to read now and again. Or travel. Just because you had a spouse who was obsessed with gaming doesn't mean all gamers are like that. It's like the stigma around older virgins. There's the blanket belief that all older virgins are crazy, and will start stalking the 1st person they have sex with. Sex and games are not the problem. it's the person.

If one is obsessed with gaming, it's their problem that they already had, not the games. This is for anything. some people are just very obsessive. So when they like something, they go overboard with t, and want to devote any and all spare time to it. And you can get that way with anything. That's why addicts exist. Addiction to sex, games, drugs, men/women. Looking at some who suffer limerence. Where they're addicted to certain people, and are obsessed with them - it's basically a perverse and more extreme form of infatuation.
This. Exactly!

Old 04-27-2016, 04:09 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,007,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
This. Very close-minded. It's like some don't think you can have multiple hobbies. One who enjoys games can still want to read now and again. Or travel. Just because you had a spouse who was obsessed with gaming doesn't mean all gamers are like that. It's like the stigma around older virgins. There's the blanket belief that all older virgins are crazy, and will start stalking the 1st person they have sex with. Sex and games are not the problem. it's the person.

If one is obsessed with gaming, it's their problem that they already had, not the games. This is for anything. some people are just very obsessive. So when they like something, they go overboard with t, and want to devote any and all spare time to it. And you can get that way with anything. That's why addicts exist. Addiction to sex, games, drugs, men/women. Looking at some who suffer limerence. Where they're addicted to certain people, and are obsessed with them - it's basically a perverse and more extreme form of infatuation.
Good point.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:41 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,367,580 times
I'm jealous that people have time to play video games . I bought a new Xbox One and PS4 (with a bunch of games) two years ago thinking I will find time to relax and play. Needless to say, its still in my closet (brand new in the box unopened) waiting for me to find time to shoot'em up

Old 04-27-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm jealous that people have time to play video games . I bought a new Xbox One and PS4 (with a bunch of games) two years ago thinking I will find time to relax and play. Needless to say, its still in my closet (brand new in the box unopened) waiting for me to find time to shoot'em up
You live in Hawaii, it would be a shame to waste your time indoors on an Xbox.

Old 04-27-2016, 05:10 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,367,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You live in Hawaii, it would be a shame to waste your time indoors on an Xbox.
That's why its still in the closet. I enjoy the outdoors too much (exercising, fishing, motorcycle riding, etc). But when you lived in Hawaii for so long, it feels like just like any other place. Well, minus the sand, surf, great weather and the wahine nani Aloha

Old 04-27-2016, 05:29 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,412,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
That's why its still in the closet. I enjoy the outdoors too much (exercising, fishing, motorcycle riding, etc). But when you lived in Hawaii for so long, it feels like just like any other place. Well, minus the sand, surf, great weather and the wahine nani Aloha
That's why you play at night time after going out all day..

Old 04-27-2016, 05:55 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,734,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
That's why you play at night time after going out all day..
Hahaha right.

I put the controllers down whenever I go back to school for the quarter. My friends and I still find time to play smash bros every now and then. I've loved video games since I was like 7. Most if not all of the people I met actually think it's cool for a girl to play video games as well as older people. So seeing all the negativity associated with it is strange to me. A video game ADDICTION is just as bad as any addiction.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:55 AM

29 posts, read 42,682 times
Why should men cater to whatever women find attractive or not anyway?

Lots of women coming here and saying, they wouldn't date these type of guys, but do you think anyone gives a damn?

Lots of men don't like women who wear makeup, we can come here and say, we would never date a woman who wear a cement of makeup

Old 04-28-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Nodt View Post
Why should men cater to whatever women find attractive or not anyway?

Lots of women coming here and saying, they wouldn't date these type of guys, but do you think anyone gives a damn?

Lots of men don't like women who wear makeup, we can come here and say, we would never date a woman who wear a cement of makeup

open a thread.

You don't have to cater to me and I don't have to date you. I don't see an issue at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships