Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2016, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Manchester, UK
914 posts, read 738,226 times
Reputation: 1868

Advertisements

I can't believe how many people dislike video games so much - not just dislike, but show actually hostility towards them
It's just like any other hobby. Now if somebody is addicted to gaming, that's a different story. But the same can be said for any other addiction. Nothing is good in excess. But don't blame gaming. I don't see how playing video games is any worse than watching TV, for example

Then again, I might be biased. Love having friends over to play on my Wii. Or a good gaming session on Diablo, ESO, Skyrim. OK, I'm totally biased

Still, my point stands. It's just a hobby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-28-2016, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Jupiter
10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Reputation: 8628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
I can't believe how many people dislike video games so much - not just dislike, but show actually hostility towards them
It's just like any other hobby. Now if somebody is addicted to gaming, that's a different story. But the same can be said for any other addiction. Nothing is good in excess. But don't blame gaming. I don't see how playing video games is any worse than watching TV, for example

Then again, I might be biased. Love having friends over to play on my Wii. Or a good gaming session on Diablo, ESO, Skyrim. OK, I'm totally biased

Still, my point stands. It's just a hobby.
This. Women are all hostile about it but shouldn't they be happy that's he is home and not out cheating on them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2016, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Europe
2,728 posts, read 2,700,808 times
Reputation: 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
Not at all. It comes to me. I barely have to do anything. I get it by mistake basically.


I've got 99 problems but a ***** ain't one.
See, all you get is mistakes You could choose to be a master of your life and not just be content with all those mistakes that comes to you.

And you are so sure your 99 problems did not become via all those mistakes? Playas and bad boys tend to have lot of problems.. Usually all self-seeded

I once had a problem, his name was playa. I heard his name wrongly first. Right away when I got his name right my problem disappeared. Now I am happy mrs. good boy, no problems, no mistakes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2016, 09:09 PM
Ep-
 
2,080 posts, read 4,171,145 times
Reputation: 2476
im in my 30s. i play videogames

i also have a nice job, my own place and no debt. i dont mind missing out on gaming if something else is going on. some days i may game a few hours. sometimes i may not game at all for days/weeks/whatever

as with most things, moderation is key

i bet a lot of people complaining about videogames watch hours of ****ty reality tv or read trashy novels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2016, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Hyde Park, Los Angeles
1,544 posts, read 925,262 times
Reputation: 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
This. Women are all hostile about it but shouldn't they be happy that's he is home and not out cheating on them?
Actually, girly girls are hostile about it. Women either don't care, or they themselves also play video games. I should know; I am one of those women who've been playing since the days of Super Mario Bros. and Gradius (all you '80s kids know what I'm talking about ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2016, 08:11 AM
 
Location: Jupiter
10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Reputation: 8628
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Actually, girly girls are hostile about it. Women either don't care, or they themselves also play video games. I should know; I am one of those women who've been playing since the days of Super Mario Bros. and Gradius (all you '80s kids know what I'm talking about ).
Super Mario Bros. I loved that game as a kid and sometimes play it on an emulator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2016, 08:12 AM
 
308 posts, read 267,565 times
Reputation: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Actually, girly girls are hostile about it. Women either don't care, or they themselves also play video games. I should know; I am one of those women who've been playing since the days of Super Mario Bros. and Gradius (all you '80s kids know what I'm talking about ).
Gradius! Man, those were the days (especially trying to one-life that game, or Contra).

Anyway, video games specifically aren't the issue. It's whether or not there is an addiction. All addictions are bad. A guy taking a break to play video games is really no different from another guy heading out for a round of golf (insofar as his interactions with his immediate family is concerned).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2016, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Hyde Park, Los Angeles
1,544 posts, read 925,262 times
Reputation: 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs1n View Post
Gradius! Man, those were the days (especially trying to one-life that game, or Contra).

Anyway, video games specifically aren't the issue. It's whether or not there is an addiction. All addictions are bad. A guy taking a break to play video games is really no different from another guy heading out for a round of golf (insofar as his interactions with his immediate family is concerned).
I'm aware of the issue of a VG addiction. I've been through it myself, as in dropping crazy quarters at the arcade on Marvel vs. Capcom 2 to either get revenge on some specific characters or see if I can crack two billion points. I would mess around and miss classes or even go broke behind this addiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2016, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Middle America
37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Reputation: 53073
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs1n View Post
Gradius! Man, those were the days (especially trying to one-life that game, or Contra).

Anyway, video games specifically aren't the issue. It's whether or not there is an addiction. All addictions are bad. A guy taking a break to play video games is really no different from another guy heading out for a round of golf (insofar as his interactions with his immediate family is concerned).
I would no sooner hook up worth somebody who dedicated all free time to golf (or watching football, or fantasy sports, or whatever) than I would one who dedicated all free time to gaming. Major focus on any one activity is so dull, to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2016, 10:55 AM
 
Location: The city of champions
1,830 posts, read 2,152,478 times
Reputation: 1338
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
See, all you get is mistakes You could choose to be a master of your life and not just be content with all those mistakes that comes to you.

And you are so sure your 99 problems did not become via all those mistakes? Playas and bad boys tend to have lot of problems.. Usually all self-seeded

I once had a problem, his name was playa. I heard his name wrongly first. Right away when I got his name right my problem disappeared. Now I am happy mrs. good boy, no problems, no mistakes
Nah. I like my life. I take the good in with the bad. I don't want a sterile life. A bit of drama and adversity is always good. It makes me realize I'm still alive.


Feeling different emotions, from happy to anger is a good thing in my book. I don't want to be content and settle for average. I take my 99 problems and embrace them with open arms. ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top