Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 12:42 AM

914 posts, read 738,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoStars View Post
Anyone here play Super Mario Maker? Thats a fun game for me
Probably a good first date video game to play as well
I love Mario games but haven't got a Wii U.... So tempted though but I would probably only play Mario games, so not sure if I can justify buying a new console...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 10:35 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,579,737 times
i feel like this report is jumping to conclusions:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/work-...ames-over.html

Old 09-30-2016, 10:57 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,347,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
I love Mario games but haven't got a Wii U.... So tempted though but I would probably only play Mario games, so not sure if I can justify buying a new console...
The Wii U is the only console that has the more latest mario games

Smash Bros
Mario Party 10
Super Mario Sunshine
new super mario bros u
A new paper mario ( coming soon)
mario kart 8

etc

I like mario I mostly play those games along with Call of duty and some batman into it.

Its okay once in a while, when I visit my nephews they sure love to turn on the video games and invite me over.
But I love to get out and play soccer with them too ( real soccer not Fifa on a play station)

Old 09-30-2016, 11:02 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,347,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
i feel like this report is jumping to conclusions:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/work-...ames-over.html
There have also been several stories where an addiction to video games have some people cause them to lose their jobs but this thread is about relationships
I like video games but like everything else there are limits that have to be set.

You don't want your woman/lady competing with a video game to get your attention.
I put the video games away because yea but they are just games overall.
My girlfriend is real not a game.
A job is real you need money to buy the latest wii u, take your gf out to an arcade, buy guitar hero for you and her pay the bills etc

Old 09-30-2016, 11:19 AM

602 posts, read 396,288 times
I like them so obviously I don't care if a guy plays them. But I don't play often because I work, go to school, and have a kid. As long as it's not interfering with the other parts of their lives, it's all good!

Old 09-30-2016, 11:29 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,768,175 times
I had lost interest in gaming for a while. Then the other night I finally opened Forza 6 after a year. That is my new hobby now.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:56 AM

247 posts, read 198,329 times
I think I would prefer my bf staying in and playing video games to frequently going out spending $$ and boozing. Seems like an inexpensive and safe way to release stress.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:30 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,010,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
So...I notice that the vast majority of my guy friends that are my age (20's-early 30s) are still playing video games on a regular basis. Most of them just come home from work and hit the XBOX or ps3. I cant stand the things. They bore me to no end, and I'd rather be out doing things in life. Anyways....what do women think about men that play video games? Since a good portion of my friends that are video game addicts are married I'm assuming that most women don't mind??
I'm sure those women DO mind but are not saying anything. To be honest if it's just to relax and unwind for a bit I don't see any problems BUT if it disrupts the home life...then there would be a problem.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:32 PM

401 posts, read 552,714 times
In moderation, I think it's fine. But I feel most people stop playing video games once they get older. I used to be a very heavy gamer in my teen years, now I barely touch my xbox and if I do it's only for Fifa or NBA 2k. Life gets too busy one you start become an adult.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:22 PM

64 posts, read 66,522 times
I think video game addiction is on par with alcoholism.

They have turned my nephew and cousin into complete losers. They've lost jobs because they spend so much time playing games and letting life pass them by. It's tragic.

Moderation is fine I guess, but I've never been into games. Seems like a time waste when you could be doing something that is a good life skill and fun.. Woman are always shocked that I don't play them and don't even own a system, guess it's pretty common so it must not be a deal breaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships