Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,190 times

Advertisements

I discovered two weeks ago that my wife has been cheating on me. I'm still very shocked, nothing like this has happened to me before and I never thought it would. I'd just like some advice please. What am I supposed to do in this situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 03:47 PM

15,076 posts, read 10,134,761 times
I can only say what I would do...

Make absolutely sure... because false accusations can be just as hurtful. Confront her about it when the children are not around. I don't think there is anything easy about it.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:51 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,019,721 times
I am sorry to hear. How did you find out? Are you totally sure?

Old 03-14-2017, 03:55 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,822,425 times
Do you have evidence?

If you do, you have to confront her with it. Be prepared for denial and lies. Maybe some blaming you as well. It might help to talk to a lawyer first if you want to cover your bases.

Get a good support system, including a counselor or clergy if you can. Take care of yourself and your kids. Try to shield them from this until you know what you are going to do.

I'm so sorry.

Old 03-14-2017, 04:08 PM

990 posts, read 2,561,801 times
Forget "court room proof".

If you are sure.....

RUN like the wind.....

These things never get better, AND.... SHE WILL CHEAT AGAIN.

The only difference, next time is she will be more careful.

If you doubt what I say..... Just wait until the next time she has to go out after work to celebrate with co-workers.

My advise.... Get out NOW!

My gem... denied cheating with every fiber of her being...

How "dare I accuse her"...

She was outraged!

Right up until the minute she got "knocked up".

Last edited by banger; 03-14-2017 at 04:41 PM..

Old 03-14-2017, 04:11 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,532,001 times
If it's true then you have some questions to ask and decisions to make as I'm sure you're aware. Do you want to work it out and stay married? Could you bring yourself to forgive? Are you amenable to couple's counseling? Do you want to leave? Do you want her to leave? If and when you confront her, how do you think she will respond? What's behind it? What's wrong in your relationship/marriage? Can it be mended? Are there children of the marriage?

Lots of questions. No answers yet.

Sorry this is happening to you if, in fact, it is. Best of luck.

Old 03-14-2017, 04:21 PM

19,438 posts, read 15,289,607 times
I echo the other advice. Good luck to you.

You have an interesting profile name, by the way.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:05 PM

10,505 posts, read 7,071,028 times
Two schools of thought exist.

1) The ones who claim that no marriage can survive cheating. Just blow it up now.

and

2) The ones who realize that cheating is, very often, the symptom of deeper problems in a marriage that need to be resolved.

Mind you, that is not to provide excuses for the person doing the cheating. No excuse for that. But someone who cheats is often doing so as kind of a last resort when the marriage has soured, yet that same person wants to preserve the relationship.

I've known several marriages that have survived adultery, and wound up being far stronger once the couple went to counseling and communicated honestly about the problems in the marriage. Are the spouses glad they decided to tough it out and work things through rather than simply cut and run? Yes.

So it's up to you. Take the easy route or the tougher one? A lot depends on how much you want to preserve the marriage in the first place.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:41 PM

622 posts, read 397,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
If it's true then you have some questions to ask and decisions to make as I'm sure you're aware. Do you want to work it out and stay married? Could you bring yourself to forgive? Are you amenable to couple's counseling? Do you want to leave? Do you want her to leave? If and when you confront her, how do you think she will respond? What's behind it? What's wrong in your relationship/marriage? Can it be mended? Are there children of the marriage?

Lots of questions. No answers yet.

Sorry this is happening to you if, in fact, it is. Best of luck.
That has to hurt. I agree with this^^^^

Old 03-14-2017, 05:48 PM

997 posts, read 854,002 times
I would secure your finances before anything else. Start putting all the bills in her name (water electric cable gas). Then make your case on how to approach her with your info.
I have no previous experience (thankfully) with what your going thru and am very sorry to hear about your situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships