Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 04:02 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,165,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You have stated respect must be earned--so no, you DON"T respect living beings unless they've "earned" your respect.

If you don't know someone, they don't matter, and you can be as rude as you like to them--because they haven't EARNED it yet.
You think the pattern of life has been earn. It has survived billions of years, and for me in my short life to think that I have the right to disrespect it is just stupid. Nothing is more deserving of my respect.

I have inbuilt in me, and altruistic nature. So does the majority of humans. I will not ignore this part of me.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Wisdom comes with age.
How could you become wiser to human relationships when you confined yourself to one women who is willing to have sex with you.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:04 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Humanity is inherently selfish, and inherently evil. Those are the impulses most of us FIGHT against.

Homo homini lupus.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:06 PM

Evil is a subjective word, take it too the Religion and Philosophy Forum and i will rip it apart. If I was not partly selfish, I would kill myself and donate my organs to a hospital.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:07 PM

You still refuse to justify you irrational beliefs.. somehow I didn't think you would.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
How could you become wiser to human relationships when you confined yourself to one women who is willing to have sex with you.
Because there's been more than one?

Old 09-07-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Evil is a subjective word, take it too the Religion and Philosophy Forum and i will rip it apart. If I was not partly selfish, I would kill myself and donate my organs to a hospital.
self-serving as opposed to altruistic. but that's normal.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:28 PM

6 posts, read 11,125 times
I don't think anyone will care but this is my first post on CD. Someone I met while away for the weekend suggested it. I figure why not jump in with an interesting topic.

I don't think it is as long as both parties are on the same page. My situation is a little complex for me to use myself as a comparison. However, I've had relationships (for lack of a better word) with women where it was just casual sex. Other women I wanted something more. I'm sure I'll get ripped on by certain guys for saying this but I've walked away from women I really cared about because all they wanted was casual sex. My feeling is if thats all it is I'll go get a women that I have no feelings for and have casual sex. I'm not going to put myself through the wringer with a girl that wants something different.

Ok, my diatribe aside, I reiterate that I think its ok if both people are on the same page.....

Old 09-07-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus74 View Post
I don't think anyone will care but this is my first post on CD. Someone I met while away for the weekend suggested it. I figure why not jump in with an interesting topic.

I don't think it is as long as both parties are on the same page. My situation is a little complex for me to use myself as a comparison. However, I've had relationships (for lack of a better word) with women where it was just casual sex. Other women I wanted something more. I'm sure I'll get ripped on by certain guys for saying this but I've walked away from women I really cared about because all they wanted was casual sex. My feeling is if thats all it is I'll go get a women that I have no feelings for and have casual sex. I'm not going to put myself through the wringer with a girl that wants something different.

Ok, my diatribe aside, I reiterate that I think its ok if both people are on the same page.....
You do want something more, but while you are waiting you wouldn't get with a girl with the same mind set?

Old 09-07-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Yea, some how I don't think you have many female friends to gain wisdom from.
There's been 10 that I've had as friends.

And I actually listen to what other people have to say, even if they are NOT my friend...so, I have been exposed to a lot of people in my almost 40 years on the planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships