Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 08:17 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times

Advertisements

Likely a lot of the problems are related. Grossly overweight, controlling parent, lack of self esteem, poor judgement. I think you made a sound decision to keep him on the friend list...dont expect the calls to stop though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 08:55 AM

551 posts, read 1,924,615 times
Without reading any other posts besides the OP...

Q1...hold out until you are ready. You will know when that is.

Q2...The stares you were receiving because you were on a date with a man well out of your league. That doesn't mean the relationship will not work. It just means you need to be prepared.

and wow! 17 pages already??!?!? What have I missed?

Old 09-11-2009, 08:58 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
Without reading any other posts besides the OP...

Q1...hold out until you are ready. You will know when that is.

Q2...The stares you were receiving because you were on a date with a man well out of your league. That doesn't mean the relationship will not work. It just means you need to be prepared.

and wow! 17 pages already??!?!? What have I missed?
A song title perhaps to illustrate: "I'm A Loser."

Old 09-11-2009, 09:59 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
OMG, JeepGirl. I read the first several pages and was all warm and glowy for how great he sounded and that you two really hit it off, and then WHAM. What. The. Hell. That's just astonishing. I agree with Oildog: his issues are probably all tangled together, particularly because he doesn't live like an adult. Wow.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:33 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
This thread WWs me

Old 09-11-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
A song title perhaps to illustrate: "I'm A Loser."
Now I must find time in my busy workday to read the posts...

Old 09-11-2009, 11:47 AM

890 posts, read 2,785,567 times
Honesty leads to greater intimacy. Honesty can lead to expectations though.

If you tell him you would consider moving the relationship forward in the condition that he loses weight; perhaps that might motivate him to pursue losing weight. However, it is important to note that this kind of decision and change his reason must be mostly because he wants to change for himself and not just change for you.

I would think being a friend, and creating a this friendship to encourage him to pursue his fitness goal would be a good start. Who knows what that friendship can lead to; but it does open plenty of opportunities to grow beyond the friendship.

Good luck to you and him.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:01 PM

OK...16 pages of what I imagined I'd read. Then the 37 year old controlled by his mommy post. I wouldn't call him a loser. He's probably doing everything he can considering his health issues. He has put it all on his mother. Does she know how much a personal trainer costs? I almost went into that profession due to all the fat people here in Oklahoma.

Anyway Ms. Jeepers, sorry to hear. Like someone here suggested, maybe wait until you move. I'd hook you up with a good friend who lives in West Palm Beach, but last I heard he is in a relationship; and I KNOW you are not Ms. Pity Party. I don't know. I guess my only advice is for you to further open your options and start looking at desperate married men!

Old 09-11-2009, 01:22 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Jeep,
I can tell you that I've kinda been through this..My now ex is 310lbs at 6'. I'm 5'4" at 130..
I'm sure people thought I was a paid date. However, to honestly say, he has the biggest, um, friend I've ever had. You never know, he may just rock your world..

And not to sound bad, but hey, I'm sure the guy knows he's not the prettiest fish in the sea so he'll work extra hard to keep you happy in everyway. Plus, you can engage in activities with him to help him lose weight...

Ok sorry I just realized there's 15 pages and obviously stuff happened that i didn't read..Sorry, move on..I think

Old 09-11-2009, 02:06 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
Wow, just Wow. Do NOT throw that my way. WHEW! *leaving now frozen in state of shock*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships