Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 08:10 PM

454 posts, read 688,776 times

Advertisements

Right now I feel silly even talking about this, I almost feel like Im obsessing over a high school crush or something LOL. But Im 22 now and earlier today I've been upset all day because a guy I met online.

I was visiting the town and actually leaving today but decided to meet him before I left (I live 4 hours away). We met up this afternoon and when he seen me he acted welcoming and cool as if he liked me. He also got me a drink. but then almost 5 min. into sitting down he starts the text game, which I knew clear it was not only disrespectful but obviously he wasnt interested.

But what really upsetted me is he says, "oh my sister is texting me, she wants to meet up for lunch". And then he says that we can meet up later on "at 7". Then after a few more text and questions from him I say, "hey, if you're not feeling me like that and Im not your type, just let me know and I can leave". But then he says, "oh no its not that, she's actually texting me. If you werent my type I would have told you I'm going with my sister and going to be gone the whole day". But he insisted he would meet me up later and hangout.

First of, as soon as I left the place...I knew it was B.S. I didnt even call or text him back and neither did he. He said he would text me when he got to his sisters home. I ended up driving back home almost immediately after I left. He knew I was in town and that I didnt have all day to wait around on him, he should have just said something.

I know he isnt worth to even be thinking about this hours later with practically a stranger...but its not even so much that I wasnt his type, its just the fact he made up this beautifully scripted lie, and didnt even follow through with the plans (and even if all was true, I would have left town anyway because how can you put your sister who you probably see everyday over a date?) I tell you, some guys really dont deserve to be dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 08:15 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
That damn texting crap is for the birds!
I would have thanked him for the drink, and left before he had a chance to tell his lie.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:24 PM

454 posts, read 688,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I would have thanked him for the drink, and left before he had a chance to tell his lie.
LOL, I really was about to and I think if that ever happens again I'll tel them save it and leave. I hate to say this guy was a 'liar, a creep, etc' because I know what its like to be in a situation with someone you dont like, but I'll tell them, "hey the vibe is not there" instead of making up some fairy tell. Seemed like he just said anything he could just to get away from me. That makes me feel even worse than if he just told the truth.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:29 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Next time you meet a guy online, you may want to exchange pics, before the meeting. That way, you won`t have the "awkward moment."

Old 09-06-2009, 08:35 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
Right now I feel silly even talking about this, I almost feel like Im obsessing over a high school crush or something LOL. But Im 22 now and earlier today I've been upset all day because a guy I met online.

I was visiting the town and actually leaving today but decided to meet him before I left (I live 4 hours away). We met up this afternoon and when he seen me he acted welcoming and cool as if he liked me. He also got me a drink. but then almost 5 min. into sitting down he starts the text game, which I knew clear it was not only disrespectful but obviously he wasnt interested.

But what really upsetted me is he says, "oh my sister is texting me, she wants to meet up for lunch". And then he says that we can meet up later on "at 7". Then after a few more text and questions from him I say, "hey, if you're not feeling me like that and Im not your type, just let me know and I can leave". But then he says, "oh no its not that, she's actually texting me. If you werent my type I would have told you I'm going with my sister and going to be gone the whole day". But he insisted he would meet me up later and hangout.

First of, as soon as I left the place...I knew it was B.S. I didnt even call or text him back and neither did he. He said he would text me when he got to his sisters home. I ended up driving back home almost immediately after I left. He knew I was in town and that I didnt have all day to wait around on him, he should have just said something.

I know he isnt worth to even be thinking about this hours later with practically a stranger...but its not even so much that I wasnt his type, its just the fact he made up this beautifully scripted lie, and didnt even follow through with the plans (and even if all was true, I would have left town anyway because how can you put your sister who you probably see everyday over a date?) I tell you, some guys really dont deserve to be dating.
If something didn't happen too him, then hes a d**k. Don't waste your time being angry over him.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:51 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Texting in the middle of a date is rude unless it is an emergency (which would warrant a direct phone call anyway). Forgetabouthim...

Old 09-06-2009, 08:52 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Ahhh!!!! The wonders of texting! Sorry about what happened to you. You will find someone in no time.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:56 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
You deserve better. This guy is a jerk.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:06 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post

Women do the same thing

Old 09-06-2009, 09:08 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Women text on dates too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships