Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 07:40 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,344,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy_nose View Post
Cheating is a choice. I am not married but then I don't think its a married woman's fault if her husband cheats or vice versa. The wife may be the cause of the husband's unhappiness but not the wife's fault if he cheats. If the husband has a problem with his wife he should talk to her wife and thats it and not look for other women. Having a problem is not an excuse to cheat after all. Nobody forced the husbad to cheat. If things cannot be resolved, then meet other women after the divorce or separation.
I had to think about this and I was going to disagree, then I thought some more and now I agree, the spouse of the cheater may have contributed to a failing marrage but they didn't cause the other to cheat, that was their choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 08:29 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,584,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyssa View Post
I am involved with a married man. He's 35 and I am 27. Over the years, their marriage hasn't been the same. I would say that we're more emotionally attached rather than physically as he is thousands of miles away from me. We chat and cam alot as that it the only way we can communicate, apart from phone calls and smses.

His wife has emailed me a few times (not knowing that his husband and I are in love with one another) about their deaf son (who recently turned deaf, he's turning 2 this year and she is 9 yrs older than her husband) and also told me that they almost got divorced twice...

If that was the case then clearly something is wrong with the marriage right? What I don't get is, why is it hard for some married women to admit that it could be their fault that their partners are looking for other women? And it could be more than just sexual relationship?
You are thousands of miles away? How is that a relationship?. It takes two to end a marriage. He is not guiltless in this, most assuredly.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:46 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,600,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy_nose View Post
I think married people have the option of discussing or settling things to save their marriage, after all there is a child and it can be worth saving. Maybe thats why they only almost divorced twice because they are trying to save their marriage?

Cheating is a choice. I am not married but then I don't think its a married woman's fault if her husband cheats or vice versa. The wife may be the cause of the husband's unhappiness but not the wife's fault if he cheats. If the husband has a problem with his wife he should talk to her wife and thats it and not look for other women. Having a problem is not an excuse to cheat after all. Nobody forced the husbad to cheat. If things cannot be resolved, then meet other women after the divorce or separation.
I agree with your statement above. I'm just throwing this out there for comments: what if a man is married and everything in the marriage is wonderful, except the wife doesn't want sex anymore (you woman know who you are). Many men are happy and don't want a divorce and don't want to cheat and don't want to break up the family, especially with kids, but they need sex - are they suppose to live without sex the rest of their lives. You can reverse the roles here to - the husband doesn't want sex anymore

I can't stand it when I hear my friends saying they only have sex with their husband once or twice a year? eek:

Last edited by MonaLisaVito; 07-22-2007 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-22-2007, 09:10 PM

434 posts, read 1,736,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68-19 View Post
I agree with your statement above. I'm just throwing this out there for comments: what if a man is married and everything in the marriage is wonderful, except the wife doesn't want sex anymore (you woman know who you are). Many men are happy and don't want a divorce and don't want to cheat and don't want to break up the family, especially with kids, but they need sex - are they suppose to live without sex the rest of their lives. You can reverse the roles here to - the husband doesn't want sex anymore

I can't stand it when I hear my friends saying they only have sex with their husband once or twice a year? eek:

I would say address the problem openly with the spouse and go to a therapist...Although I would advise against saying "sleep with me more or I'll have an affair." That isn't going to get the response you are looking for. Either way, if you are unhappy with a relationship you should fix it or leave. Cheating just sucks.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:01 PM

3 posts, read 10,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Have you ever met him or is this a internet love thing? Why would his wife e-mail you about their deaf son?
I have met him.

His wife emailed me because she had no one else to talk to without anything getting to his or family's ears. I think she may have gotten my email from one of his forwarded emails earlier on when things weren't as serious between him and I.

After that, I gave her a friend's email who deals with deaf kids and she told my friend that they almost got divorced twice and said a few things about her husband.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:16 PM

3 posts, read 10,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68-19 View Post

His wife doesn't want to have sex anymore after the second child was born. Most of the time, he has to initiate it. Which I have asked quite a number of my male friends, after a while that gets boring. Sex or love-making should be something that both of them want...

I haven't been with him physically but we're really emotionally attached.

I also have a few friends who only have sex... once a year, yes... and I think that is very sad.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:25 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,898,743 times
Quote:
What I don't get is, why is it hard for some married women to admit that it could be their fault that their partners are looking for other women? And it could be more than just sexual relationship?
Do I have to state the obvious? It takes TWO people to make a marriage work. The only ways it could be ALL her fault is if she is completely FRIGID, which of course she isn't since they have a child. Second- If she cheated on him first for no apparent reason. Third- if she is 100% focused on the needs of the child and the pooor guy is feeling neglected. (and this one is only partly her fault if he has chosen to talk to you about it, rather than his own WIFE!!!

If this guys is so intent on NOT leaving his wife, and yet you are basicly in love with him, where does that leave you? Are you ok being just an internet lover for the rest of your life? You are 27 after all....

I actually feel really sorry for YOU. Because one of things three can happen here. He leaves his wife for you. He decides to stay with his wife, but carry on with you. Or he can divorce his wife, and decide he needs someone he can actually TOUCH. So again, where would that leave you?

You are very NAIVE for a 27 year old.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:29 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,898,743 times
Quote:
His wife doesn't want to have sex anymore after the second child was born. Most of the time, he has to initiate it. Which I have asked quite a number of my male friends, after a while that gets boring. Sex or love-making should be something that both of them want...
There are things that can be done if she has low sex drive. He obviously hasn't given up completely on his marriage. For me personally, the less I have sex, the less I want it. So, it sounds to me like it's not all her. So what if he usually has to initiate it. Is she willing once he does that? My husband does things like waiting until 10 o'clock at night to walk the dog, then comes back and showers and shaves. By the time he comes to bed, I am half asleep and he wonders why I'm not so into it. What is his wife doing when he is online with you?? Putting the kids to bed? Waiting in bed for him?

Seriously, don't you want someone that's all YOURS?

Old 07-23-2007, 01:40 PM

67 posts, read 190,408 times
I rarely have sex with my husband. I keep telling him it's going to fall off, but he won't listen. He had an A one year after we were married and stayed in his A for a year. BTW, I've only been married 5 years. Do the math, it really, really sucks. Yes, we talked about cheating in length before we got married and neither of would tolerate it and guess what? We're still working at our marriage. We love each other and he made a horrible mistake. One that has changed my life and our marriage forever. I love him, BUT, I'm still not 100% committed to this marriage. If I become stronger emotionally, which I'm doing as every day passes, who knows, I may still walk. With that being said, I'm where I want to be for now. The lack of sex? Well, what am I suppose to do? Leave. Can't do it, not right now anyway.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:46 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
it doesnt matter where i work-that's not the point. i am just asking if yall think that men are not meant to be monogamous?
is there any point in expecting a man to be faithful to you, if you are in a committed relationship, or should one just expect them to cheat since it is not in their nature to be monogamous?

If you receive a negative comment...don't listen...some of them have been rude and very mean....forget about it...I know your trying to get a males honest perspective, and if they don't get it, that's their narrow mindedness, not yours...Mainebrokerman had the best reply, and he is absolutely on target...

Hugs

Creme
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships