Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:07 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,341,199 times

Advertisements

I work in a field where there are lots of men, and most are married. I have noticed that the MAJORITY (and i mean heavy majority) are unfaithful to their wives.
My question is:
1) do you think that men are just simply not meant to be monogamous?

I have been thinking--i am single right now, after four marriages, and almost fear getting married again, only to have my husband cheat on me (which has never happened, as far as i know anyway..my divorces were for other reasons).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 05:38 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,789,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
My question is:
I think some people (men and women) are simply not meant to be in relationships. Sad thing is.. those are the people that keep the STDs free roaming.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:53 AM

19,963 posts, read 30,059,445 times
Quote:
I work in a field where there are lots of men, and most are married. I have noticed that the MAJORITY (and i mean heavy majority) are unfaithful to their wives.
My question is:

I have been thinking--i am single right now, after four marriages, and almost fear getting married again, only to have my husband cheat on me (which has never happened, as far as i know anyway..my divorces were for other reasons).
whats the old saying "fifth ones' a charm" ?? dont let the thought of men cheating prevent you from a fifth marriage

after four marriages, you should be able to recognize some red flags when they appear,,

men are idiots,,they see eye candy, and sniff the candys' trail,,,like a dog
wanting to breed.
altho, i believe many men,,,amongst working with men,,,,will try to "one-up" thier co-workers, by bragging and much of it is b.s.

i believe men can be monogamous,,,tho our eye easily strays to some young dish,,,,doesnt mean we seriously want to ,,,have sex with her.
im over 40, never cheated,,,,had some opportunities,,but didnt want it on my conscience,,,and ultimately,,,i loved the woman i was with,,,,

,,a cheating spouse,,,not only violates his spouse,,,but also his children,,,his disgusting behavior is often the beginning of a divorce. and divorces ,,screws up many kids,,,which cycle ,,when they are older
im no prude,,thiers just consequences to actions,

Old 05-01-2007, 06:58 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,345,356 times
Don't agree with cheating by men or women. I think it is the lowest of the low, especially if there are children from the marriage. If there are problems people should talk them out or go see a counselor. It's a lot better alternative than hopping into bed with someone else and causing a whole new problem.

Got to take into consideration STDs especially HIV/AIDS which could be a potential death penalty for the cheater and/or their spouse ... try explaing that to the kids!

Real men can be monogamous.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:49 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,126,457 times
Don't believe in cheating, with or without children involved.
You cheat, you're gone! I don't even have to have unequivocable proof. If it smells like cheating, it is. Simple.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:53 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,367,573 times
I dont agree that anybody should cheat, knor do i believe men are idiots! Im certainly not, i never have and never will. Im quite open and can tell my wife if a lady is attractive (celebrity or not) and she can do the same. It means were comfortable with each other when we can be honest like that.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:46 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,964,579 times
Quote:
My question is:

Wow, divorced 4 times already!!!!! Marriage isn't for you I think bellestaroftexas!!
As for the men at work, how do you know they are having affairs and not just office flirting, etc?

Old 05-01-2007, 09:57 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,789,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Wow, divorced 4 times already!!!!! Marriage isn't for you I think bellestaroftexas!!
As for the men at work, how do you know they are having affairs and not just office flirting, etc?
I picked up vibes from the OP that she doesn't work in an office type enviroment.....
I was waiting for someone to ask her where she worked.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:45 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,690,680 times
Default We already know

Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
I picked up vibes from the OP that she doesn't work in an office type enviroment.....
I was waiting for someone to ask her where she worked.
She is some type of nurse or something like that. Something very medico.

I would forget the getting married part, just become the mistress. If you don't like him, no foul, throw him back and get another. Rather than always being the wounded woman, be the Other Woman. Plus it is cheaper and maybe even pays a small salary. You know like Generous Hospital on the TV.

Ok, I'm going over the corner and duck.........

Do not blame me for what others do, I did not invent the rules. Just remember there are two sides to all debates. Ok, I am in the duck and cover position.

You peeps must start to pay attention to what, who and when occurs.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:29 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,949,430 times
If you guys want to see some real cheater-bashing, you gotta go to this site called Loveshack dot org. if you are a cheater, you sure as hell don't want to admit it there - they'll string you up by the balls!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships