Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 04:49 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,422,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
You are SO young...Mom needs to back off!! Be proud of your accomplishments.
I am VERY proud of them, and I didn't need a man to accomplish them! Even this past weekend when I was visting my sister and her family, she told me "We need another man in the family! My husband has no one to talk to when the family gets together." I think it was her round about way of saying "get on the ball!" Hey sis, just because YOU got married at 23 and had your first kid at 24 doesn't mean I have to...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 06:34 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
At thirty-five I feel it. Thing is, I have two kids already, 15 and 13.

I am no longer able to have kids to top it off but I still feel the tick tock of the clock.

We had an eighteen month staying here for a couple of weeks and I really felt it...

I don't know how my parents did it. My mom was 38 when I was born and my dad was 52...

They were brave!

Old 09-08-2009, 08:55 PM

382 posts, read 758,371 times
I'm in my early thirties and I don't feel the need for it. I have a lot of things to do and I want to enjoy my freedom away from the strings of relationships.

I'm not excluding the possibility of one day finding the «right woman» (if that exists).

Regarding kids, no thank you very much.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:04 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Nah. I really dont want any kids. I have tried babysitting for my nephews and beleive me, its a tough job. If they come , well bring them on, but I really don't want kids. They require all the attention in the world. I'm lazy, I rather be asleep.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:14 PM

748 posts, read 1,314,111 times
I am 27 and I am now feeling it... when I was married I did not even think about it because my husband couldn't have kids, so I guess I mentally resigned myself to never having any... now that I am separated, and know I will be divorced soon... I guess my clock has woken up to the idea that there is now a possibility... who knows, maybe I will, maybe I won't

Old 09-08-2009, 10:14 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Yup, I'll admit to it. Turned 30 this year. Divorced. In a good relationship - with a man who has had a vasectomy. I'm in school for the next 3-4 years.
*sigh*
I enjoy being around kids but sometimes I feel a little jealous, angry, sad.
The boyfriend says he'd get a reverse vasectomy if and when we both felt ready, probably when I am close to being done with school. IF we are still together. Things are great now, but divorce has made me cynical. It's just as well that I'm in school because emotionally I am not ready to 100% commit to someone. Not that you have to be committed to someone to have a baby.
I always thought I'd have 2 kids, ideally before turning 30. Now I'm looking at not even starting to try until I am 34, and I am nervous about thinking of trying much after age 35-37, due to the increased risk. I am open to adoption, but in my heart I'd really like to have at least one biologically.
Anyone else stressed about this? I don't really have anyone else to talk to about it.
Not that you have to be committed to someone to have a baby

You're kidding, right? You were making a bad joke, right??

Old 09-09-2009, 07:28 AM

382 posts, read 758,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Not that you have to be committed to someone to have a baby

You're kidding, right? You were making a bad joke, right??
She's right. What's so surprising about that?

Old 09-09-2009, 07:58 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
I did have two kids but have often wondered what if life went the other direction and I had no kids. NOT at all that I regret having kids but I think everyone should think about all the avenues your life could have taken and how it ended up at this... it's a good reflection process.
Anyhoo, if I had not had kids, I wouldn't have regretted that either - I wanted kids when I was young so that I could grow a little with them and that's what I did and I wouldn't change it.

I really don't think if I had not had kids though that my biological clock would have been ticking away - even though I'm a Mom, I'm not overly maternal LOL if that makes ANY sense. My kids get it, so do I , that's all that matters.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:58 AM

240 posts, read 1,289,497 times
I am 36 and at first I felt like my clock was ticking until I really thought about it. I have not found that special one to marry yet and I don't just want to follow society. Just because my friends are married and have families does not mean it is for me. My life is really good and I am happy. That is all that matters. Don't listen to your sisters or family members. I had a aunt who was always trying to get me married until I finally put her in her place. I told her that her marriage was a joke and I don't want to end up like her. She doesn't bother me anymore. Plenty of people are single and have never had kids. They lead perfectly happy,fulfilling lives. Not to mention with technology today women have babies a lot later now. As long as you are happy don't worry about anyone else.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:21 AM

36,522 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Not just this:

Quote:
Not that you have to be committed to someone to have a baby.

But this!

Quote:
It's just as well that I'm in school because emotionally I am not ready to 100% commit to someone.

If you are not ready to commit 100% you are not ready to have a baby. If you are going to bring a child into this world, for the love of pete, at least try to develop a stable home with a committed partner to help love, nurture and support this child.

Sure a person can raise children alone, but it is no walk in the park. IMO to create a child because your clock is ticking knowing your child will be disadvantaged growing up in a single parent home is unfair to the child.

Get a dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships