Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 07:13 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
That's not a smart woman. That's a woman who is so desperate to keep a man that she'll let him do what he wants - even disrespect her - and go so far as to play a part in it. How ridiculous.

Any self-respecting who had a husband that needed to get lovin' elsewhere would show him the door. And lock is behind him.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 07:15 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,507 times
Nope, not happening, no way, no how.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
every woman does that when she sues for divorce.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:17 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Ask yourself Mrs. Woof, if you would have sex with a man your husband picked for you? Or would you have sex with a man you picked yourself?

Give a man a choice between a mistress that you pick for him and another mistress that you pick for him, and he will be having sex with 3 women, one of which you know nothing about. Men will pick their own mistresses, thank you very much. If you let them have sex with one you pick, you will only be fooling yourself.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:21 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Ask yourself Mrs. Woof, if you would have sex with a man your husband picked for you? Or would you have sex with a man you picked yourself?
I'm a woman, so my mind operates differently. If he picked a nice young woman to seduce me and have sex with me on a regular basis, I'd probably go for it. Unfortunately, I have no husband, so this is a total fantasy from the get go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Give a man a choice between a mistress that you pick for him and another mistress that you pick for him, and he will be having sex with 3 women, one of which you know nothing about. Men will pick their own mistresses, thank you very much. If you let them have sex with one you pick, you will only be fooling yourself.
Maybe I should have been born a man.... Oh, wait, no that wouldn't work. I like painting my toenails too much.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:24 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I'm a woman, so my mind operates differently. If he picked a nice young woman to seduce me and have sex with me on a regular basis, I'd probably go for it. Unfortunately, I have no husband, so this is a total fantasy from the get go.

Maybe I should have been born a man.... Oh, wait, no that wouldn't work. I like painting my toenails too much.
Lol.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:18 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984vt View Post
I wouldn't pick out a mistress but, I would pick out my successor in the event of a diagnosis of a terminal illness. My children's welfare would be at the top of the "needs" list and my husbands preferences would follow.
What if he takes the insurance money and finds true love?

Old 09-09-2009, 01:12 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,299,253 times
Woof,

Just give up and become a lesbian. Seriously. If you are this jaded that you are talking about happy endings, prostitutes and picking out mistresses I think its safe to say you need to move on to greener pastures.

I'm on your side Woof! But seriously, why put yourself through the torture! There are men out there that can be faithful! And women too, just saying.

To answer your question, Hell to the No would I ever pick out a mistress for anyone especially my husband. The only thing I'm picking out for my future husband, is some groceries and some clothes if he lets me. None of this mistress, happy ending business. WHY? Seriously, why? If you have to resort that low to save a marriage, there is NO MARRIAGE to save. Its gone. Finito. Buy bye. Cya later. Hasta lavista. G-O-N-E. The train has left the station and it is not coming back ... ever.

*Sigh*

Old 09-09-2009, 02:45 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,179,250 times
The thought of my husband in another woman's arms makes my stomach turn. If we were having that bad of marital problems where he felt he needed sex from another to feed his appetite, I'd be divorced by then, see ya.

If I am dying from some sort of terminal illness and the man had to starve for sex, I would offer him an out to rebuild his life, but I know he'd only do that for a woman he loved.

When I first met DH, everyone would ask me if he was gay, or a monk. They had known him since he was 18 and had never seen him date, talk about, or flirt with any woman. I approached him one night after we got to know each other and told him what people were asking me, (as if at that time I would know details like that), he said,

"It's not worth the sex to be with a woman I don't adore and love. So I'll just wait."

Old 09-09-2009, 08:51 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post

Hi Woof X3,

Well you may have to look to men for more than just sexual fulfillment. Most women I have met cannot carry on a conversation with this kind of material.

It again only happens at the top. I don't need to brush women aside who throw themselves at me. Its never happened. It does happen to high status males. This arrangement will exist unofficially at the top.

As my distribution implies, its really not going to be much of an issue for the bulk of the society. Monogamy is the standard. It is also generally stable IMHO.

Polygamous societies tend to build up lots of cast off men with nowhere to go and they can cause a lot of trouble. I suspect the Boxer rebellion had this element. They already had skewed sex ratios from female infanticide and then the European men were snapping up some of the women.
As of now we can see this in the still existing Mormon fringe groups that practice polygamy. There are not enough women to go around. So they tend to observe the slightest violation in young men and cast them out of the sect.

Polygamy's 'Lost Boys' expelled from only life they knew - The Boston Globe
Polygamy's 'Lost Boys' expelled from only life they knew

Authorities say the teenagers aren't really being expelled for what they watch or wear, but rather to reduce competition for women in places where men can have dozens of wives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships