Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 12:37 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
Older women on the hunt for younger men, older men on the hunt for younger women. There's nothing that comes out of that other than sex. Men who go for younger women usually only get them because they fork over some kind of monetary compensation, be it gifts, wining and dining or letting her move in with you. Women who do this are usually the ones who have been jilted and are bitter so they take out their frustrations (sexual or otherwise) on the younger man. Either way, the older person rarely sees the younger person as anything other than a plaything or arm candy so there's no way that a relationship will last.
Like I said, I get that it's all about sex but nowadays, cougars or pumas or wolverines (really? you couldn't have come up with tigers?) tend to try to make it last too long. What ever happened to growing old gracefully?
What is really "pathetic" is the narrow minded assumptions you are making about people, and the fact that you are pushing your own prudish morals and ethics onto everyone else.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people "hooking up". Two people want to have some fun sex together, there is nothing wrong with this at all.

Well, maybe if you're a bible thumper you'll think that there is.....

And, lots of couples with an age difference actually do love each other. I've seen lots of long term married couples with a 15 or 20 year age difference. Who do you think you are to judge them?

You should rethink your views and ask yourself if they are logical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 07:30 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
So older women who date young guys get "cool" names like puma and cougar.

Older guys who date young women dont get such cool names. In fact they are usually called perverts.

American double standard #3000.

From now on, i'm gonna have hot sex with all the college girls and call myself "wolverine" or "Lion" or something cool like that. Just to be a progressive and battle the double standards.

I am not having hot sex with young women because I want to....i'm just doing it in the name of gender equality

Women in America, you all are in control. Political correctness has shifted towards your favor. Enjoy it. You have imasculated the vast majority of American males and turned them in Metrosexual sissies.
You left out the fact that women called cougars and pumas are older women who are still very hot looking, looking younger than the average woman their same age, and drool-worthy by the younger men. And it is a better match in terms of both partners being at their sexual peak. Whereas the older men dating younger women only have them because they have money or power. These men are past their biological sexual prime. These men are usually looking their old age, hence the creepy aspect of it.

You can only be a wolverine if you look younger and more fit than the age on your drivers license imo.

BTW how old are you?

Old 09-10-2009, 09:56 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
So older women who date young guys get "cool" names like puma and cougar.

Older guys who date young women dont get such cool names. In fact they are usually called perverts.
What are you talking about? They do have a name for guys like that. They're called rich.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:00 AM

748 posts, read 1,314,111 times
It would be hard for me... I've thought about it, but you see: I have a little sister who is 10 years younger, so I can not bring myself to do it, it would just feel weird, like dating one of her little friends... ewwww...

Old 09-10-2009, 11:20 AM

78,378 posts, read 60,566,039 times
My wife was 32.5 and I was 25 when we got married so go forth and have a good date you Puma. lol.

I'm 39 and target gals >30...I've generally dated gals around 42ish. I *might* date a gal in her late 20's if I got to be friends with her and something developed but I just don't want to be in my 50's and have a wife that realizes she did after all marry an "old man". I also don't want to be dating a gal that sees me as a sugar daddy.

Frankly, there are so many attractive gals out there around my age I don't see a need to go after much younger women and the problems that can come with that.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:33 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ok since I'm not in my 40's, I can't be called a Cougar yet..So I'm calling myself a Puma. Got a date with a 24 year old tonight, 10 years younger..HAHA
Well you go girl!!

Old 09-10-2009, 03:55 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Cougars,Pumas,Tigers....whatever

Guess I am a lion cause for the past two weeks I have been messing around with a 23 year old woman and I'll be 43 in 9 days.I must say it is already going sour though,at first it seemed like there was a connection because her personality seemed "matured" but after a while differences in mindsets which some are definately due to age started coming out.

At this point it is pretty much passed and goodbye,which in the back of my mind I guess I knew was the likely outcome.She pulled a Jekyll & Hyde routine on me and once Hyde came out reality came back to my noggin.

Overall I don't feel 42,some people say I look around 30 something,but while it is possible for a 20 year age difference to work I do think in the end it is a exception specially when it is a 20's/40's ratio.Maybe a 30's/40's ratio has more of a chance.When you are in your 20's often you just think about party party party! and while I like to party or hit clubs sometimes I'm just not down with doing it all the time.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:57 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Cougars,Pumas,Tigers....whatever

Guess I am a lion cause for the past two weeks I have been messing around with a 23 year old woman and I'll be 43 in 9 days.I must say it is already going sour though,at first it seemed like there was a connection because her personality seemed "matured" but after a while differences in mindsets which some are definately due to age started coming out.

At this point it is pretty much passed and goodbye,which in the back of my mind I guess I knew was the likely outcome.She pulled a Jekyll & Hyde routine on me and once Hyde came out reality came back to my noggin.

Overall I don't feel 42,some people say I look around 30 something,but while it is possible for a 20 year age difference to work I do think in the end it is a exception specially when it is a 20's/40's ratio.Maybe a 30's/40's ratio has more of a chance.When you are in your 20's often you just think about party party party! and while I like to party or hit clubs sometimes I'm just not down with doing it all the time.
My DH is 20 years older than me

Gotta love them Manthers

Old 09-10-2009, 04:12 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
My DH is 20 years older than me

Gotta love them Manthers

congrats,like I said it is possible to work but it depends on the two involved.Funny thing is she isn't what I typically go for,she is kind of thin.But it was a chance meeting,and her Italian in her automatically drew me to her.Plus her artistic abilities specially poetry wise.

I am not into chasing a woman because of a certain age,actually I'm not into chasing at all,while she is "hot" to me,and frankly in a small way it was a ego boost,in the end I'd rather be with someone I mentally gel with which usually means closer to my age.The other day she said to me in a conversation "I have my whole life ahead of me" which at that point it just was a reminder of the difference because while I look at my future with optimism also I at this point realize how fast time flies by and how I remember at 23 thinking the same thing,seems like 23 was yesterday sometimes.....

Old 09-10-2009, 10:03 PM

897 posts, read 1,591,783 times
Quote:
What is really "pathetic" is the narrow minded assumptions you are making about people, and the fact that you are pushing your own prudish morals and ethics onto everyone else.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people "hooking up". Two people want to have some fun sex together, there is nothing wrong with this at all.

Well, maybe if you're a bible thumper you'll think that there is.....

And, lots of couples with an age difference actually do love each other. I've seen lots of long term married couples with a 15 or 20 year age difference. Who do you think you are to judge them?

You should rethink your views and ask yourself if they are logical.
Nope, not a bible thumper. Not prudish at all. I get it and I don't have a problem with it at all. I just happen to think it's pathetic because not everyone meets the criteria that you guys are using for qualifying as a cougar and, just like anything else that gets glorified by pop culture, suddenly everyone has to do it so you have old, ugly, fat, wrinkled women claiming that they are "cougars" out there making fools of themselves.
Men have always made fools of themselves so we're used to laughing at them and dismissing them when they all of a sudden decide to buy a sports car, comb over their hair or buy a hairpiece or dye their hair.
But the really pathetic part is that you also have women who would do better by spending their time looking for a relationship behaving like this and then coming in here and posting about how they can never find a serious guy. How are you going to find a guy that takes you seriously when you're going after children?!
I get that you ladies need sex just as much as any man but, just like men, it doesn't stop you from looking pathetic the older you get while you're at that TGIFriday's bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships