Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 07:34 AM

77,999 posts, read 60,193,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I've been thinking I hope he can live up to all he says.

You're right. You are assuming.
What site are you finding guys like this on? Is this some sort of high-end dating site or something like Match or POF?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 10:44 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,515,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
I don't mean to burst your bubble but this reminds me of the story in the paper recently about the man from the reality show. Confident, well accomplished, a smooth talker, attractive, etc, etc. Yea ... he turned out to be a total nut job!

I am the exact opposite of you. The more someone sells themselves, the more I am weary. I would be asking, if this man is so great why does he feel the need to sell himself in such an artificial manner? Its like reading an add in the newspaper for a used car. Some ads make them out to seem like THEE best car in the world. But then it gets you thinking, if this car is soooo great, why the heck are they selling it??!! And of coure the answer is, the person just wants a new car, or doesn't need it anymore bla bla bla. But then you get it and several months down the line you realize its a piece of crap on wheels!
Quote:
I have asked myself this, again, I noticed the excess. I'm dating someone else right now, so there is no hurry to meet him. But I do enjoy chatting to him, he has a vast amount of valuable experience and wisdom to share
despite his lack of modesty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It may all be true but there is such a thing as modesty.
I agree.

Quote:
Plus, sounds like the guy is always going to consider himself better than his partner and will be looking to replace her. I also doubt he would put much effort into a relationship considering he's so *great* she should be happy to breathe the same air as him.
Maybe, can't say it's that bad but it's possible, sure. I don't see the allure in that at all. I've let him know (as I do with everyone on that site - seekingarrangement.com, by the way) that I'm not as easily stirred by money as some would think.

Quote:
P.S. Is the guy tall?
6'1"

Keep in mind peeps, I brought this up to open discussion, but I am not bashing him. I have met plenty of him offline, so it can happen at any time. He is a great conversationalist and has even referred me to some of his colleagues for work. This particular issue may make him incompatible relationship wise, but I respect him in other ways.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:50 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,293,363 times
Quote:
Keep in mind peeps, I brought this up to open discussion, but I am not bashing him. I have met plenty of him offline, so it can happen at any time. He is a great conversationalist and has even referred me to some of his colleagues for work. This particular issue may make him incompatible relationship wise, but I respect him in other ways.
Let us know how it works out Chocolate . This one actually has me curious.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I agree.

Maybe, can't say it's that bad but it's possible, sure. I don't see the allure in that at all. I've let him know (as I do with everyone on that site - seekingarrangement.com, by the way) that I'm not as easily stirred by money as some would think.

6'1"

Good luck. If it's your cup of tea then go for it but frankly from your posts here over time I think you can do better. (You should tell him that...lol...his head would probably explode. )

Yeah, I'd have bet anything he was >6'0 judging from your and his comments.
I know girl that has run into a couple guys like this at her gym...the kind that are doing YOU the favor of spending time with you.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:49 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,394,314 times
Quote:
What site are you finding guys like this on? Is this some sort of high-end dating site or something like Match or POF?

Its probably the sugar daddy site. Those men want control of their lives, and that includes their women.They want control of everything, thats why they aren't in a dating site where chance plays more of a game.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Its probably the sugar daddy site. Those men want control of their lives, and that includes their women.They want control of everything, thats why they aren't in a dating site where chance plays more of a game.
Yuck. Again, a sugar daddy by definition is going to want a much younger, much more attractive woman.

So, if you go for these types of online arrangements then i'd expect to get horizontal with a much older guy that isn't that attractive.....OR....if the guy IS attractive he might just be a poser trolling his way through fields for some easy sex.

Like in the movie "I love you man"....lol...guy would take women to open houses (for sale) of multi-million dollar properties to give the illusion he was loaded and get some easy action.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Quote:
Yuck. Again, a sugar daddy by definition is going to want a much younger, much more attractive woman.

So, if you go for these types of online arrangements then i'd expect to get horizontal with a much older guy that isn't that attractive.....OR....if the guy IS attractive he might just be a poser trolling his way through fields for some easy sex.

Like in the movie "I love you man"....lol...guy would take women to open houses (for sale) of multi-million dollar properties to give the illusion he was loaded and get some easy action.
Wow, and I say this respectfully, you're both following the opinions of those who typically have no clue or experience. They're controlling, ugly old men or they're posers.

There are so many different reasons for these men to be there. Many of them really do want something meaningful but their age, looks or lack of time make it difficult. Some have actually resigned to the idea that all they have to offer is their money. It is really unfortunate.

I am also not on there for an arrangement. I am there because there is a better chance of finding a successful man; with this comes stability and security. Certainly not in all cases, on or offline, but if I want something in particular, I'm going to shop where I am more likely to find it.

There are certainly jerks on there, as there are on many other sites and offline as well. My profile is worded to target the men who are actually looking for something with substance and to discourage those who aren't from contacting me. So far, it has been a good experience. I am certainly not compatible with all of them, but they have been gentlemanly and respectful for the most part.

It certainly blew away the sheeples' take on it for me.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Good luck. If it's your cup of tea then go for it but frankly from your posts here over time I think you can do better. (You should tell him that...lol...his head would probably explode. )
Why, thank you, sir. LOL.

Quote:
Yeah, I'd have bet anything he was >6'0 judging from your and his comments.
I know girl that has run into a couple guys like this at her gym...the kind that are doing YOU the favor of spending time with you.
Heh, I can bust that bubble really quickly given the right inspiration.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:54 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,341,983 times
Wow everything about me is loud.

I have a T-shirt that says "You Might Not Know Perfect But This Is It". I used to have a pair of shorts that said "and I'm smart too" right on my booty

My Myspace says "I'm not conceited; I'm just fully aware of the (a long group of adjectives) that I possess.

I've been that way ever since I was a little kid though

Old 09-11-2009, 05:03 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,374,082 times
I think it's ok for confident people to express it. Where I draw the line is when someone puts down others in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships