Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:42 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Its part of learning about who they are too. "Why people lie" tells a lot about a person beyond the lie. Just to do it to be like" OMG YOU LIED" yeh..thats immature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 10:44 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Do you feel like this? My favorite way to catch liars is ask them a question you know they will lie about that you know the truth to. Then ask them a question you don't know the answer to that they may lie about. Watch for the "tell" in body language. Also works for small childen mngmt. (aka momming)

Why the hell are you dating so many liars, is the question.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:45 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,818 times
Eehhhh forget the poker moves, just get them really drunk till they crack and tell you all their dirty secrets . Works every time . I don't like to brag, but I am well known for my detective skills .

Old 09-09-2009, 10:46 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Liars touch their face. Unless they are evil like my SO. Then she just stares at you till you melt. Then you forget the question you asked.
Liars tend to over talk the situation. Like why they were late for work or something and they keep rambling on about it like they are trying to convince themselves they are telling the truth- perfect tell.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
Why the hell are you dating so many liars, is the question.
Everyone lies about something. Thats one of the reason I like to do this. There are "white lies" that people try to tell too thats just endearing. Like when a good friend will pick up a more flattering dress overly excited rather than telling you look like crap in what you have on.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Eehhhh forget the poker moves, just get them really drunk till they crack and tell you all their dirty secrets . Works every time . I don't like to brag, but I am well known for my detective skills .
LOL....not dating...but this got my brother to admit the CD he melted on the stove 5 years ago that I wondered where it went...LOL.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:53 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
Quote:
Do you feel like this? My favorite way to catch liars is ask them a question you know they will lie about that you know the truth to. Then ask them a question you don't know the answer to that they may lie about. Watch for the "tell" in body language. Also works for small childen mngmt. (aka momming)
Your way of dating seems rather cruel. You don't seem like your trying to find a nice guy but see them make a fool out of those who ask you out. Did you learn your little trick from your mother? Perhaps I am being too honest with you. I don't know but when I met my wife I never held back telling her who I was. Do you need to play games to find out about a certain fellow?

Old 09-09-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Liars tend to over talk the situation. Like why they were late for work or something and they keep rambling on about it like they are trying to convince themselves they are telling the truth- perfect tell.
Oooh everyone has a different method for different types of lies. This one always gets me in trouble though because I always include the details like a nutball....LOL

A huge once I notice in general is voice tones. Not many people are good enough to make sure they do not have that give the switch up. Its like a audio lie detector test.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:56 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,988 times
Quote:
Everyone lies about something. Thats one of the reason I like to do this. There are "white lies" that people try to tell too thats just endearing. Like when a good friend will pick up a more flattering dress overly excited rather than telling you look like crap in what you have on.
What good would lying about even the smallest thing do for me? I take pride in being honest with others and I expect them to be honest with me. Your statement of "Everyone lies about something." is untrue. I don't know where you get your circle of friends, but there are some of us out there who don't play stupid games.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:58 AM

You are in your 20s right? People lie. Just start paying attention. I notice it a lot more with age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships