Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 11:29 AM

786 posts, read 4,733,123 times

Advertisements

When I was single I dated ALOT of women and hardly ever met anyone I was interested in. They were nice enough but there was just no chemistry.

Now that I am happily married I come in contact with women all the time who I am attracted to mentally and personally (I think the feeling is mutual), but nothing can happen. I am not talking about just admiring their physical beauty but being attracted to them due to a unique personal chemistry.

Married men and women: do you ever meet people that make you think....if I were single there would be a connection with this women. ???

Last edited by Dingler; 05-01-2007 at 01:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 11:32 AM

99 posts, read 522,353 times
Certainly not, after marriage thinking of other woman is a sin. Do you like when your spouse does the same?

Old 05-01-2007, 11:38 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,796,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snitins View Post
Certainly not, after marriage thinking of other woman is a sin. Do you like when your spouse does the same?
Okay, now wait a second...
I am attracted to many actors, and musicans... I am married and there is NOTHING wrong with that.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:46 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
There is absolutely nothing wrong witth thinking someone of the opposite sex is attractive, in no way is it a sin. Acting on it would be. For me, both of us finding other people attractive makes the bond stronger between us.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:23 PM

282 posts, read 1,264,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Married men and women: do you ever meet people that make you think....if I were single there would be a connection with this women. ???
I don't think about it as "if I were single........", but yeah, there's people that I come across that I find attractive. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. My husband does, as well. It's perfectly normal.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:33 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,451,949 times
Noticing someone is attractive isn't a sin. It's God's handiwork! I see attractive men all the time. Sin is when you think on them with lust or romance. I think everyone thinks this way sometimes. When I go down that path I catch myself, realize all I'd harm if I went that way, and remember that this little daydream is just that... a dream. Affairs are destructive and painful in the long run.

Right now you're married. I suggest that you don't ask yourself, "If I was single," because you'll probably find yourself there soon if you keep it up!

Old 05-01-2007, 01:58 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,491,088 times
Quote:

I think all people might think that (not a sin), but that's because you were able to be friends with that opposite sex person. Obviously, friendship is important in a relationship; husbands and wives, boyfriends and girlfriends must be friends first, so if you become friends with someone of the opposite sex, I feel it would only be normal to think that.

I click so much with some girls (I'm a girl in case no one knew that!), and am on the same page...but you wouldn't think that they would be a good mate if you were single because, unless you swing, you wouldn't see it that way. With the opposite sex of course it would be different. No harm done. It's probably the truth!

Old 05-01-2007, 02:55 PM

99 posts, read 522,353 times
Well, then my wife is really lucky that I am even not attracted towards other ladies Let me tell that to her tonight. BTW what I think attraction after marriage is, something that you want to have relations with the person if given a chance.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:57 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
I am attracted to a lot of nice looking men, but I don't act on those feelings. I think there is a big difference.

I also lust after gooey, chocolatey deserts, but I don't act on those feelings either.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:19 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,553 times
Quote:
When I was single I dated ALOT of women and hardly ever met anyone I was interested in. They were nice enough but there was just no chemistry.

Now that I am happily married I come in contact with women all the time who I am attracted to mentally and personally (I think the feeling is mutual), but nothing can happen. I am not talking about just admiring their physical beauty but being attracted to them due to a unique personal chemistry.

The reason you are noticing them more now is because you are married you have that "marriage" protection therefore you are more open to people hence you find more people attractive especially mentally
For instance when you were single would you go to a bar and try to have an intellectual talk with someone?? I highly doubt it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships