Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:17 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,420,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Darth, you have to realize that the original poster, Mr. Cat, is going through separation/ divorce w/ his wife, who admitted to some sort of cheating. So....

Anything that has to do w/ girls' night out will become suspect for Mr. Cat. Understandable.
Thank you sms. Mr. Cat, you have my sympathies re your situation, I can understand your thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 10:18 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Well, I guess I screwed this one up then.
It's not too late to fix it. Talk to your friend. Try to get him to understand what it's like for her.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:13 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
That's the problem with trying to see things from both sides. You're always going to lean towards the side you've been on yourself.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:20 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
My bud from NY's wife got invited to a girl's night out. She's the only one working while my bud is at home looking for a job and watching their 4 kids. His wife is a little on the selfish side (just like mine) and he has been stressing out big time and now the wif wants to go out and have fun.
I told him that he shouldn't have a problem with it and ask the wife when is she going out. He said as soon as her girl friend and her sisters find a babysitter.
I told him well, once they find a babysitter tell the wife to take the kids to this babystter so he could have some time by himself. Because her selfishness and thinking about herself instead of actually them going out by themselves, she preffers her girl friends over him.
He told me she got pissed off at him and I told him not to worry about that, it is just a manisfestation of her selfishness. I also told im a few stories of girl's night out and what usually happens.
Was this the right advise?
Bad advice........

You either trust her or you don't.........and a woman(or man) who is going to cheat is going to cheat. Chances are, if she is into cheating at all, she already is. So that becomes a moot point and being fearful of her cheating simply shows his insecurity.

I would have told him to volunteer to babysit ALL the kids so ALL the girls can go out and have some fun. that does a couple of things. 1) it shows that he is supportive of his wife. 2) it makes it possible to ask the other women to babysit his kids so he and his wife can also go out and have some fun.

Then I would have told him to ask his wife out for a few dates, using the sisters and friends as babysitters.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:56 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,775,709 times
^^^^That was brilliant!! He would get major points with the other families--moms AND dads! Ah well. Next time.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:13 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Or if he's friendly with her friends' SOs, have them over as well. The men can play games or whatever with the kids and hang out a bit at the same time.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:03 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,904,323 times
Horrible advice, you are your own worst enemy Cat... thought about visiting a sports board?

Old 09-10-2009, 02:21 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,855,208 times
I don't know about most marriges but since I met my wife we never had to go "outside" to feel comfort or relief from every day life. Her and my parents always sought comfort as a married couple and did not have to go to bars and drink with their friends to feel relief. In fact the moment my wife comes home we jump into bed, have kinky sex and then spend a good while talking about our day and expressing our love for each other.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:24 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
does he get to dump the kids on her?

wait i should read the thread first...

ok thread read!

ya, i stand by my initial response.

if he gets to go out, why shouldnt she?

sure he has the kids all day, but she works all day.

she needs time to herself, as does he. they need coordinate schedules and he should not incur more costs because he wants to party the same night she is.

its about communication and coordination.
that way, one day, they can be out TOGETHER.

Quote:
My bud from NY's wife got invited to a girl's night out. She's the only one working while my bud is at home looking for a job and watching their 4 kids. His wife is a little on the selfish side (just like mine) and he has been stressing out big time and now the wif wants to go out and have fun.
I told him that he shouldn't have a problem with it and ask the wife when is she going out. He said as soon as her girl friend and her sisters find a babysitter.
I told him well, once they find a babysitter tell the wife to take the kids to this babystter so he could have some time by himself. Because her selfishness and thinking about herself instead of actually them going out by themselves, she preffers her girl friends over him.
He told me she got pissed off at him and I told him not to worry about that, it is just a manisfestation of her selfishness. I also told im a few stories of girl's night out and what usually happens.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:28 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:

Mr. Cat, no offense, but I'm not sure you're unbiased enough at the moment to give marriage advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships