Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 07:49 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,424,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh, you have? Remind me to stay away from Philly, not that I needed any reminding. So this happens frequently enough in your area (much older women with much younger men) that you've heard women say "I slept with a 27-year-old...high five" more than once?

Or have you just heard women speak in a crass way in general more than once? In which case I'd think it was just part and parcel of the whole thing...

Just curious.
It's not just in the Philly area...I happen to be married to a 'cougar',and I've listened to her and her friends talk. Maybe it's the female version of midlife crisis;

Old 10-19-2011, 07:51 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,975,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
It's not just in the Philly area...I happen to be married to a 'cougar',and I've listened to her and her friends talk. Maybe it's the female version of midlife crisis;
Oh now THIS is interesting. Can I ask what the age difference is between you? Or is that too personal?

Old 10-19-2011, 07:51 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,984,494 times
Quote:
Oh, you have? Remind me to stay away from Philly, not that I needed any reminding. So this happens frequently enough in your area (much older women with much younger men) that you've heard women say "I slept with a 27-year-old...high five" more than once?

Or have you just heard women speak in a crass way in general more than once? In which case I'd think it was just part and parcel of the whole thing...

Just curious.
I high-five myself all the time!

It's more like I'm just clapping at something I did recently though, not so much of a "score"

Maybe I'll try to pull a stranger, but instead of going into my pants, I'll try to high-five myself to feel like it's someone else.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Oh now THIS is interesting. Can I ask what the age difference is between you? Or is that too personal?
I'm 40 and she's now 51...we met about 9 years ago when she was divorcing her husband of her same age and dating a guy in his 20s...

Old 10-19-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
I'm 40 and she's now 51...we met about 9 years ago when she was divorcing her husband of her same age and dating a guy in his 20s...
Erm, hon...(psst) Come closer. Let me let you in on a little secret. Or...just some basic math. A 42-year-old dating a 31-year-old is NOT a cougar.

Would you have considered yourself a "dirty old man" if you'd been 42 and the woman had been 31?

Methinks you're exaggerating things here to prove a point. Also, your wife's behavior seems a little odd...or her friends' collective behavior does, or both. I don't go and sleep with a certain category of male (i.e. age, in this case) because my friends did. (shrug)

Yep, we got us a li'l BSing over here. But thanks for playing!

ETA: Oh! I get it. (lightbulb going off) You're saying she's a cougar because a decade ago, she dated one dude in his 20s. And at that time she and all her girlfriends were sc r *wing 20somethings and high-fiving. I'm sorry. I didn't read carefully enough and I stand corrected.

Given the above, however...I retain my stance on how beneficial it is to not go out with a certain class of person. Just sayin', for posterity.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,120,419 times
Quote:
Damn, she "settled" for somebody too old!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:02 PM

I appreciate the sarcasm and all but I was referring more to my wife's interests,not necessarily me. She still seems obsessed with younger guys and I don't know if it's because she has a teenage son but she's way too into teenage things such as the Twilight movies and even belongs to a fan group called Twilight Moms....where women of all ages,including 50s,obsess on the young guys in the movies. If there was a group of older men obsessing over young starlets I'm sure someone would be keeping a close eye on them;

Old 10-19-2011, 08:13 PM

973 posts, read 1,704,386 times
Quote:
I appreciate the sarcasm and all but I was referring more to my wife's interests,not necessarily me. She still seems obsessed with younger guys and I don't know if it's because she has a teenage son but she's way too into teenage things such as the Twilight movies and even belongs to a fan group called Twilight Moms....where women of all ages,including 50s,obsess on the young guys in the movies. If there was a group of older men obsessing over young starlets I'm sure someone would be keeping a close eye on them;

What? This is one of the most bizarre things I have read all day! And I don't mean that you are calling your own wife a "cougar" or that you have been together 9 years even before that word was around. But writing that about this net group are just into young boys, is not quite correct. Yes, TheTwlightMoms are crazies in a way, but their main goal is NOT obsessing over the boys in the movies. Have you gone to the site? They even take some "moral" pledge of conduct.
Code of Conduct .

Last edited by Sagitarrius48; 10-19-2011 at 08:36 PM..

Old 10-19-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitarrius48 View Post
What? This is one of the most bizarre things I have read all day! And I don't mean that you are calling your own wife a "cougar" or that you have been together 9 years even before that word was around. But writing that about this net group. Yes, TheTwlightMoms are crazies in a way, but their main goal is NOT obsessing over the boys in the movies. Have you gone to the site? They even take some "moral" pledge of conduct.
Code of Conduct .
You even went as far as linking to the 'code of conduct'...thanks but I'll pass. Just the idea of the site creeps me out;

Old 10-19-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
I should hope so. Although the way you paint your wife is not very flattering; you're basically saying she's maladjusted. I feel sorry for you and your relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.