Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 11:14 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,181,993 times

Advertisements

Clearly he has a whole set of new priorities and none of them currently include you. He's newly married and has a wife plus they are traveling it sounds like enjoying themselves and there you are...put yourself in his shoes, he actually is being very kind to you. Just do a disappearing act and don't look back. if he wishes to talk or cmmunicate he'll contact you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 12:46 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,785 times
He may not be bragging. He may be explaining that he's not sitting home in the same town with you blowing you off, he's actually out and about. I travel about 6 months of the year and have to remind my friends that I'm not around the corner, I'm off working. However, I don't think this dude is your friend. I think he's an opportunist who would have bedded you if he could have (which is why he didn't want you to know about the girlfriend). Now he has a mate and has no need for you. It happens with femal female friendships too! Once the opportunist gets a better 'friend' they have no need for you.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:51 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartygurl View Post
His wife may not want him talking to you, so he makes it short and sweet.

This exactly.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:34 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,818 times
Friendships change over time, but friendships with someone of the opposite sex are especially tricky. I've been friends with this guy since we were 5 years old. There are times when we are close, and times when we barely talk. I know deep down that I will always care for him and him for me, no matter how often I see him. In the past whenever he got a girlfriend he would sometimes blow me off, and I'm sure I did the same with him. If the friendship has any real substance, try not to take it personally.

Maybe this is just a transition in your relationship, or maybe it is over. I know it hurts either way. Try to move on, but give your friend the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he sensed your feelings and didn't want to hurt you, and maybe he knows the best thing for the both of you is to part ways.

I even went through this when my best girlfriend got married! I felt betrayed in a way because she just went off and married this guy she had only known for a week! We now have very separate lives but we keep in touch, although at times it is sporadic. It can be an adjustment, but if they are a true friend, the friendship will last.

Good luck!

Old 09-13-2009, 03:20 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Wish him the best of luck, and move on!

Old 09-13-2009, 04:00 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
I agree with the people above. He's moved on and you should too.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:04 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Sounds like he's happily married and doesn't wish to upset his new wifey w/ unnecessary convo w/ another female. Find another go-to guy.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:08 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincere1782 View Post
And he says i was always taken so he never persued me.
A rather open comment there.

I guess regardless of whatever reason he changed, he does have a wife, and like some here have said, opposite sex friendships can be tricky for committed people. I'm sorry you seem to have lost a good friend but it would probably be best to leave the ball in his court.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:32 PM

213 posts, read 672,140 times
thanks everyone for your advice..i will definately take it into consideration and i feel it would be best for me to just discontinue our friendship. If he calls we can catch up on our lives or what not but any further communication from my end to him will no longer play a part.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:07 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
Not normal for a friend to be dating and engaged to someone and even marry w/o you knowing.

I'd stop the calls and if something is vital...email him if you can't get someone else to do it. Clearly your friendship means more to you than it does to him.
Dead on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships