Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 01:42 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,774,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
Coolhand, way to steal that from the movie Dogma.
And here I thought I was being all original...hmmpf!

Last edited by Coolhand68; 09-14-2009 at 01:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 01:49 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Where have you had luck approaching and talking to women? Grocery stores, on the street, Wally WOrld? Where else? Just looking for ideas.
I have never had any problem approaching and talking to women anywhere. Oh, do you mean where are good places to hit on women?

Old 09-14-2009, 02:01 PM

52 posts, read 136,909 times
I have met a woman at the gym and another one at blockbuster. These days I hang out at promatching.com or pof.com

People do not go out that much these days, so it's difficult to find women at places they used to hang out traditionally. Starting from grocery stores to movies, anything can be delivered. So why not find them online as well ?

Old 09-14-2009, 02:12 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,629,029 times
I'm dating my meterreader gal.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:31 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,387,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
In all my years of grocery shopping, I have never EVER met a man in a grocery store. So I guess it's just us hot women that are in there.
I have seen plenty of women who I would have loved to meet in a grocery store but the problems that come up are.....

*She has a cart full of stuff which screams out married with kids specially when you see kid food in it.

*I generally go to the grocery store when I need something and usually that means throwing on whatever shirt,messed up hair because I just woke up or coming home from work.I don't dress like I'm going out on the town just to go to the store,but then bam! I look like crap and some goddess rolls her cart in front of me.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:09 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,351,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I have seen plenty of women who I would have loved to meet in a grocery store but the problems that come up are.....

*She has a cart full of stuff which screams out married with kids specially when you see kid food in it.

*I generally go to the grocery store when I need something and usually that means throwing on whatever shirt,messed up hair because I just woke up or coming home from work.I don't dress like I'm going out on the town just to go to the store,but then bam! I look like crap and some goddess rolls her cart in front of me.
Hi lionking,

At a certain age its usually a miss to try it just anywhere. Most people are taken by then. However now, if I were single, I'd give it a shot now and then just because the turn downs are as memorable as success. Limiting it to repeatable frictional contact is just not bothering. If your cubical is in the corner and your neighbor is a guy who mows his lawn in boxers and black socks, your done for this life time.
It was really tough because when it was the social pretext thing, it seemed there were only a few people to choose from, and they already had their click going. Worst of all, the evening would end at Bakers Square. Couldn't do it. I was completely bored. I would rather have the goddess toss me into the pile of discarded bag boys than go through an evening like that.
In Midwestern burbs, unless you get out of there, its a cemetery.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:00 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,800,475 times
Quote:

You are just assuming she had kids? So why won't you take time to look good in the grocery store?

Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Are you serious? lol
Ah...ah....which part?

Well, Walmart gals can really help you to appreciate the very low end of the female scale. Then you will appreciate ANY that is better than that.

Shoe store? Absolutely!! Why not? That is what women love. If you love shoes too....there you go.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:56 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,637,297 times
Quote:

I was grocery shopping one time and a woman and her son were right next to me in the snack aisle. The kid looks at the cookies and yells out, "Cool. Oreos!" to which the mom responds by telling him "No". Then I look at the cookies and yell out, "Cool. Oreos!" I grab the bag and put it in my basket. The kid gives me a look that say "***hole" and the mom's look says, "Thanks, you jerk. Now I have to hear my kid whine about how I let you steal his Oreos." [insert evil laugh here]

As for going to the store looking like you just got out of bed, someone told me, "Always look your best cause you never know who you'll run into."

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
In Midwestern burbs, unless you get out of there, its a cemetery.
You ain't kidding.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:59 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I was grocery shopping one time and a woman and her son were right next to me in the snack aisle. The kid looks at the cookies and yells out, "Cool. Oreos!" to which the mom responds by telling him "No". Then I look at the cookies and yell out, "Cool. Oreos!" I grab the bag and put it in my basket. The kid gives me a look that say "***hole" and the mom's look says, "Thanks, you jerk. Now I have to hear my kid whine about how I let you steal his Oreos." [insert evil laugh here]
This fails

Know the difference between you and me, Denny. I'd have placed the cookies in her grocery cart and run away before getting sheslapped
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships