Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 09:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl78 View Post
No I doubt her husband would approve.
You can get rid of husbands...lol...j/k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 09:20 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
Tape a 100 dollar bill to your forehead

Old 10-06-2009, 05:22 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,600 times
Engage him in conversation and determine his interest. Is he giving you a polite smile and one word answers-not interested. If he talks and further promotes conversation then maybe it's a green light. Ask him questions about how long his day is and throw in something about him going home to his lady. Leave it open so he either confirms or denies. You should know how to proceed from there.
**Make this conversation light and fun, not a questionaire.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:29 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Apparently, I only hit on waiters once a year in September because I did it again tonight and remembered making this thread last year. It was a different waiter, I was more direct this time, but I'm still thinking it's a long shot. Oh well, he was cute and I just couldn't resist.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
You tell them you want the food well done like him or her

Old 09-06-2010, 03:08 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Leave a business card with your personal number written on it and maybe a note, 'your service was wonderful' or something equally as corney, when you leave the money or credit card receipt in that little tray or booklet. It's more obvious than writing it on a credit card receipt. I've gone on several dates using this method. If you do not use business cards there are any number of places that do really cool calling cards. They are just personal business cards. You can also do them on a home computer. Some stranger did something nice for me once and I left a business card in the store I was at because he came in there often and on the back I wrote "Thanks you made my day." Got me a date.

There may also be a policy for workers not to take phone numbers off receipts for personal use. When I first moved out of the house I wrote a check at a grocery store and my phone number was written on it. Late that night the guy who worked at the store called me. It was maybe midnight. Even though I thought I was clear he continued calling and then I got ticked off. I was living alone and this guy was creepy and kept calling me. Sure, I called the store and he probably got fired, but that just made me more afraid...my address was on that check.

I was visiting my extended family out of town on vacation and I think there were 12 of us at this table having dinner and the waiter was sooooo cute. My young cousin was smitten, so at the end of the meal I had the waiter stand with all of us and someone took a picture and I told her to take a copy of the picture in to the restaurant and give it to him....she did and ended up going out with him.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:02 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
I agree with the suggestion of writing your number on a business card or separate piece of paper. That makes it a lot easier for the waiter to palm the note and tuck it into his pocket for later consideration. When you write your number on the credit card receipt, it's difficult to discretely get the number as the receipt is kept by the restaurant for their files.

Try to visit the restaurant again, and see if the waiter is friendly towards you. And keep in mind, he may already have a girlfriend. But if he seems keen on becoming friends, ask him out for coffee sometime as a start, just so the two of you can get to know each other. Don't shoot for a real date right away.

One of my boyfriend's work buddies has flirted with women that work at the fast food lunch placed they go to. He just gives them his phone number on a piece of paper and tells them to give him a call sometime... and he's gotten a few dates that way.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:38 AM

301 posts, read 827,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
Engage him in conversation and determine his interest. Is he giving you a polite smile and one word answers-not interested. If he talks and further promotes conversation then maybe it's a green light. Ask him questions about how long his day is and throw in something about him going home to his lady. Leave it open so he either confirms or denies. You should know how to proceed from there.
**Make this conversation light and fun, not a questionaire.
I wait tables and this is great advise.

I get hit on often. I give the polite smile and one word answers. Haha. That's great.

Also, if he looks uncomfortable, he is. Check his feet too. If they are pointed away from you, he's wanting to go where they are pointed which is away. If you try to get personal and he brings it back to the food or asks if your drink is okay, he's not interested. If he's looking around at his other tables, he's probably not even listening to what you are saying. You have a lot on your mind when you are waiting tables. So and so needs this, I wish this person would stop talking to me. haha

Old 09-06-2010, 07:52 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxiclove View Post
I get hit on often. I give the polite smile and one word answers. Haha. That's great.
Aww, you must be a cutie.

Quote:
Also, if he looks uncomfortable, he is. Check his feet too. If they are pointed away from you, he's wanting to go where they are pointed which is away. If you try to get personal and he brings it back to the food or asks if your drink is okay, he's not interested. If he's looking around at his other tables, he's probably not even listening to what you are saying. You have a lot on your mind when you are waiting tables. So and so needs this, I wish this person would stop talking to me. haha
I did not flirt with him or engage him in conversation or anything like that. It was a standard server/guest interaction. I've seen him at the restaurant several times and always thought he was cute, but I can only recall having him as a server one other time, so I figured, might as well make my move now! I'm so not bold enough to do anything except leave my number in the check presenter and then run out of the place before he picks it up.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:20 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Leave a business card with your personal number written on it and maybe a note, 'your service was wonderful' or something equally as corney, when you leave the money or credit card receipt in that little tray or booklet. It's more obvious than writing it on a credit card receipt.
I think that writing your number on a receipt is extremely cheesy. However, when I worked as a Hooters waitress, I once had a guy do the whole business card/complimentary comment thing, and I ended up calling him. It wasn't a match made in heaven or anything, but he was a great guy and we ended up being friends. I find this approach to be non-threatening and simple to carry out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships