Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 03:48 PM

93 posts, read 168,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
So I was out to lunch today and I had a cute waiter. He seemed like a nice guy, not overly talkative or anything, just politely doing his job. I hardly ever go to this restaurant, so I figured what the heck? I'll just leave him a nice tip and my number on the credit card slip, and then run out of the place before any embarrassment settles in. I'm not a very forward girl, so I just wrote, "Thanks, Mike!" and I left my phone number at the bottom, but I didn't write "Call me." The receipt didn't ask for a phone number, so do you think he'd get the hint that I was leaving it for him? I don't even think he'll call, but I just want to know how to flirt with a waiter in case I ever get the urge to do it again.
i think that was perfect. Can i have your number?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 03:51 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
It's been several days and I have not even received a booty call/text from him, so apparently he was not amused by my shenanigans.... Should I just give up my fantasy of picking up a waiter or try it one more time next September??

Old 09-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
nothing wrong with leaving your number

but next time chat him up a bit beforehand. he might be a little weirded out by the fact that you two didnt really talk at all and you left a number. or hes got a girlfriend. or he didnt see the number. or he just wasnt interested. etc etc

Old 09-08-2010, 03:54 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
It's been several days and I have not even received a booty call/text from him, so apparently he was not amused by my shenanigans.... Should I just give up my fantasy of picking up a waiter or try it one more time next September??
He's a waiter. He's waiting

Old 09-08-2010, 03:56 PM

93 posts, read 168,960 times
Quote:
IMHO A women who plays the field like us is gods gift to men.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:07 PM

301 posts, read 827,427 times
Quote:
Try again next September!!

Why not make it a an annual thing. You never know.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:29 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
"Come here often?" :P try it again next week, one of these times you'll land one of us server-folk.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:05 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
I am not sure if there is a specific way to flirt with a waitress/waiter but what I did before worked alright .

She was not necessarily a waitress but it can be related to this I guess. I just arrived Beijing, China, and there was this cute girl outside a barber shop maybe taking a break. Approached her and started to talk about our days. I was on my way to lunch so I offered to take her with me. She said she couldn't because she had to work. I asked if her manager was in so I went inside and the manager quickly prepared a seat for me to get a haircut but I said I was ok (wonder if I looked to scrubby heheh, oh well) so I asked "Isn't she one of your best employees here?" she laughed with her and told me she was a great employee. Then I continued "Don't you think great employees deserve an hour or two break for lunch?" she got excited and said some things in Chinese to her and both seemed excited then she continued "Oh yes, please, go ahead. She can have break with you, no problem" and off we went for lunch. Exchanged contact info. and went out for a couple of days while I was in China. Good times .

Old 02-05-2012, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,584 times
I remember being at a restaurant with my mother. The waiter at the other table was cute. I kept eyeing him. I wrote on a napkin my name and number and "Jeff, call me."As I was leaving the place I heard one of the waitresses reading the note. The waiter looked back towards me and started grinning. The waitress was giving me a evil look, but it was nice, haha. Maybe the waitress was his girlfriend, but not my fault he was looking at me and grinning. XD ahh..he was a cutey. Made his day at least.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i would never call if not told to do so. could cost u your job. flirting then acting offended when u get a response , is very well known nasty game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships