Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 07:48 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Probably, and I would be curious what people think is an unpardonable sin....
Abuse, adultery, addiction but even those aren't unpardonable to some.

One couple I knew were married very young and died in their 80's. For the last 20 years they sat together on the couch mostly but bickering on and on about everything in particular. When he died the wife stood by his casket still arguing with him, telling him maybe God would forgive him but she didn't know if she ever would but she missed him terribly and died a couple years after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 09:25 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,913,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
LOL of course there is someone who will find you honestly, hysterical. If a man can't make me laugh, he's not the one for me.
I hear ya there!

I've met some pretty tough crowds lately.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:08 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,357,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Abuse, adultery, addiction but even those aren't unpardonable to some.

One couple I knew were married very young and died in their 80's. For the last 20 years they sat together on the couch mostly but bickering on and on about everything in particular. When he died the wife stood by his casket still arguing with him, telling him maybe God would forgive him but she didn't know if she ever would but she missed him terribly and died a couple years after.
My husband's grandparents are the same way, they are in their 70s, lived together forever and bicker all the time. They remind me of Frank and Marie from "Everybody Loves Raymond".

Old 09-16-2009, 08:56 AM

890 posts, read 2,781,674 times
My first one and only girlfriend from high school, went steady for 9 years throughout a long distance relationship while I went to the Navy for 4 years, and throughout college.

After I got my job post college, we got married. Got a kid within the first year, a mortgage, a miscarriage, 2nd kid 4 years later, and a surprise 3rd kid 9 years later.

Despite our many difference, we have many shared values. I think I have had a lot of personal growth; mainly learning to listen as well as communicating redical honesty. Learning to accept her flaws; as I learn to accept my own flaws.

There is always balance to priorities. There were times that commitment were questioned. Ultimately, we both understand that our marriage is each of our individual choice to be married with each other.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:03 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,173,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I hear ya there!

I've met some pretty tough crowds lately.
Talk about rough crowds, the only ones smiling round here and having a blast in life are the bikers in groves of Vrrooom Vrrooom!

Everyone else is rude in line at the store, disrespectful cashiers, and grumpy commuters.

I just want to get stupid, climb up the flag pole, possibly butt naked, and use a megaphone to tell the world to shut off the damn news, smile, and just FA-GHET-ABOUT-IT!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:25 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,504,880 times
Oh Max's Mama I love this tread....

I've been with my husband a lifetime....I truly can't really imagine not being anything but his wife.

We not only love each other...we actually like each other. We allow each other to have our own opinions....let's just say we've canceled out each other's votes on numerous matters numerous time.

We love the fact that we can screw up and the other one will help us fix it.

We are so not into the looks.....I've held his hand during some really rough stuff and he's done the same for me.
I still get girly when he shows off for me.

It's not about control. When I see young marriages and hear talk of "she won't be allowed to do this or he won't be allowed to do that." I know it's not going to work.

He's my best friend and who wants to hurt their best friend?

Old 09-16-2009, 10:05 AM

38 posts, read 57,489 times
I had to marry three times to get it right. I love my marriage. I love my life now. I love my husband, we respect each other. Never take each other for granted. Life can be wonderful with the right person.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:54 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,913,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
Talk about rough crowds, the only ones smiling round here and having a blast in life are the bikers in groves of Vrrooom Vrrooom!

Everyone else is rude in line at the store, disrespectful cashiers, and grumpy commuters.

I just want to get stupid, climb up the flag pole, possibly butt naked, and use a megaphone to tell the world to shut off the damn news, smile, and just FA-GHET-ABOUT-IT!

...ah...and where bouts is this flag pole you are climbing again?

Old 09-16-2009, 12:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siobhan Shadow View Post
I had to marry three times to get it right. I love my marriage. I love my life now. I love my husband, we respect each other. Never take each other for granted. Life can be wonderful with the right person.
That's the key, you have to choose the right partner Unfortunately, that is easier said than done for some people!

Old 09-16-2009, 01:05 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,525,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Oh Max's Mama I love this tread....

I've been with my husband a lifetime....I truly can't really imagine not being anything but his wife.

We not only love each other...we actually like each other. We allow each other to have our own opinions....let's just say we've canceled out each other's votes on numerous matters numerous time.

We love the fact that we can screw up and the other one will help us fix it.

We are so not into the looks.....I've held his hand during some really rough stuff and he's done the same for me.
I still get girly when he shows off for me.

It's not about control. When I see young marriages and hear talk of "she won't be allowed to do this or he won't be allowed to do that." I know it's not going to work.

He's my best friend and who wants to hurt their best friend?
no way one can fail with that criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships