Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 11:56 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
My uncle used to raise chameleons and other exotic reptiles many years ago, and he gave my younger sister a bearded dragon for a birthday present without asking my parents first. My mother was all bent out of shape but got very attached to him. My sister left for college and the lizard became my mom's. He was a funny little thing, scampering around when he saw my mother. He liked her better than anyone else, would ride around on her shoulder and would sit on her knee and watch television. Sure, he was no mammal, but he did have his own little personality. He was my mom's little buddy.
sheep people vs. Vietnamese Pot Bellied Pig people?

Keep it PG13!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 02:21 AM

137 posts, read 233,353 times
I'm definately a cat person. I have 2 of them, and life seems sad without them around.

People might say cats are more distant/independent. It's all about how you raise them to be, just like children. Mine are amazingly affectionate. Winter mornings I wake up with one of them curled up and purring in my arms and another big round face staring at me from over the pillow.

The purring and warmth of them makes me want to stay in bed forever . I definately have a preference for cat people too, because they are generally more serious, settled down and..well, weird as someone said earlier.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:59 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,780,761 times
I'm slightly allergic to cats and yeah, they are generally associated with gay guys. I like cats, but I prefer dogs because they are more personable and playful even if my personality is more cat like (meticulous, neat freak, calculating and often aloof).

Old 09-15-2009, 07:22 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
I'm definitely a dog person, but I like cats too. As long as the other person likes animals, I'm good.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:31 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
I'm more of a dog person but I like cats too. I have 2 German Shorthaired Pointers.

Most of my pets over the years have chosen to live with me. I didn't get to pick and that's OK.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:34 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
I am more of a Dog Person myself though I love Cats ( Igrew up with both) , my primary concern when I was still dating was whether the person liked animals. Dogs, Cats I don't care as long as they love animals. I have never really been able to trust someone who does not like animals.

As someone very wise once said "Dogs have owners, Cats have staff". I don't think the owner's personality necessarily reflects this though and for many having a Cat is simply a question of space ( or lack of therein) and the fact that Dogs require more effort so it is easier to have a Cat if you have a busy lifestyle, Cats being far more independent .

Old 05-27-2010, 11:53 PM

264 posts, read 493,263 times
Interesting how some have strong views of how others people's pets are odd to them.

Dogs? cons, bark, bark, bark... 99.99% of it useless barking
pro's, great companion as long as they don't bark

Cats? cons, cat hair, pro's smarter then a dog

Snakes? con's, bad watch dog, pro's doesn't bark

Birds? con's none, pro's they can talk back and fun to kiss em on there head

Had em all I love birds the most so what constitutes a bird person?

My world is tough and birds are very gentle, bringing me back full circle.

Last edited by Sub-Blue; 05-28-2010 at 12:17 AM..

Old 05-28-2010, 06:47 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
dogs are smelly and slobbery. who wants a pet like that? lmao!!

cats for the worth. Note that cats also are carnivores, and hunt too. House cats even hunt, domestic dogs do not. And you get species such as lions, tigers, leopards and cheetahs that are all cats (well the same taxonomic grouping). so cats are hardly wimpy, are they? lol...

Old 05-29-2010, 11:00 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I don't hate cats by any means. I just would never get one again, probably, if I'm still single. If a spouse or a child wants a cat, that's fine and I'd probably help to take care of it. I could never see myself with more than 2 cats at a time though.

As for dogs, I like sport dogs. Retrievers mostly. I like that they are active. I like walking them, throwing them a ball, camping, hiking, going to the lake, and if I ever actually shoot a dove they will chase it down. Also they are loyal and gentle.

Oh man I had a Beagle and THEY NEVER BE QUIET. I eventually sent her to live on a farm because she just could not handle living in a city. She kept jumping the fence, and inside she'd get anxiety.
Mine is actually very quiet. She hardly ever barks. The most noise she makes is when she's moaning and groaning about having to get up in the morning. She's also old and lazy and I know plenty that are barkers. LOL

Old 05-29-2010, 11:04 AM

66 posts, read 78,121 times
Dogs dogs dogs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships