Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 09:13 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
yet another example of "don't do anything decent until she puts out."
I know right, what about just doing something nice just because?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 09:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I know right, what about just doing something nice just because?

Tit for tat mentality. they don't do anything without expecting something in return (usually sex related). i rather just do for myself then.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:20 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Tit for tat mentality. they don't do anything without expecting something in return (usually sex related). i rather just do for myself then.
Yes, enjoying the company of somebody you love should be reward enough. If the sexual pleasure is your only reward might as well jerk off in your room and save the effort.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yes, enjoying the company of somebody you love should be reward enough. If the sexual pleasure is your only reward might as well jerk off in your room and save the effort.

well that was visual.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:30 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,499 times
Quote:
No! You don't do anything too elaborate because it looks desperate and it turns girls off. Imagine how you'd feel if a man on a 2nd date invited u for dinner, then had this beautiful elaborate dinner with candles and formal serving ware with lobster thermidore and baked alaska. You'd think he was desperate and pretty much looking to do u. If a guy wants to do something nice like that, he should at least wait until the girl is his actual gf and says he loves her.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
No! You don't do anything too elaborate because it looks desperate and it turns girls off. Imagine how you'd feel if a man on a 2nd date invited u for dinner, then had this beautiful elaborate dinner with candles and formal serving ware with lobster thermidore and baked alaska. You'd think he was desperate and pretty much looking to do u. If a guy wants to do something nice like that, he should at least wait until the girl is his actual gf and says he loves her.
some people go overboard to try and impress somebody. I don't know if I would necessarily assume that equals desperation. I dunno, maybe that's how other women would view it. IMO all men just want to try and get laid, so this one wouldn't be any more or less desperate then the rest, LOL.

and you didn't say he should wait until this is his gf and he loves her blah, blah. I feel you were equating doing something nice to a woman should put out and he shouldn't do anything nice like that until she does.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:01 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,306,974 times
Quote:
Girls like it when I make good meals but don't present it really nicely, that comes off as kind of gay and desperate, at least don't do that before you've already had sex. Go to one of your places and have a regular dinner, not like a really romantic atmosphere. Wine is fine but don't be like a sommelier, just pick any wine and put it in a decanter, I usually get the jug because if my date doesn't work out, I can drink it myself or use it for the next date.
ha, that's because the focus becomes more on the food rather than the date, at times like that you just have to keep it simple.

Quote:
No, that's just rewarding good behavior.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
ha, that's because the focus becomes more on the food rather than the date, at times like that you just have to keep it simple.

No, that's just rewarding good behavior.

I don't beleive in rewarding men for 'just showing up and being decent,' sorry. i know they think we should.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:11 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
LOL! Desperate? Oh, heck, no! If anything, I'd think he might be something of a ladies man, going on the theory that every man over 30 who knows what he's doing with women has (or should have) that one go-to meal he can cook to impress a gal. I'll know it's not a gimmick when it happens twice more.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:19 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
Quote:
So maybe you should surprise your date that you invite over to your place for dinner and not be looking for sex or expecting it?

It wasn't date #2, but it was an early date where I invited a girl over to my place for dinner and a movie. I did make a nice dinner, home made lasagna with a salad that I put together myself and made an apple crisp for dessert with vanilla ice cream. I knew that if she didn't have a good time and didn't enjoy my company, I was eating good.

She was impressed with my cooking of course. No other guy she dated made dinner for her. after the movie and we were talking, she said she was expecting me to make a move and try to get her to put out because she thought I was going t o expect something in return. I kissed her and walked her to her car and told her I wasn't that kind of guy and wished her a good night and watched her drive off.

That relationship didn't last terribly long because she moved, but we had some good times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships