Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 02:18 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,561,532 times

Advertisements

For me, there's a difference between "cute" and "hot". If you're "hot", it means I find you sexually attractive. If you're "cute", it means I actually want to spend time with you outside the bedroom too. "Cute"--for me, anyhow--is more of a compliment than "hot".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 02:23 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,124,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
For me, there's a difference between "cute" and "hot". If you're "hot", it means I find you sexually attractive. If you're "cute", it means I actually want to spend time with you outside the bedroom too. "Cute"--for me, anyhow--is more of a compliment than "hot".
I interpret that the same way. Hot means you want to take her home. Cute means you'd take her home to meet your parents.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:26 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,227,354 times
Here's my thoughts:

Hot: I want to do you...NOW!
Cute: You're not a 10 by any means, but still easy on the eyes.
Pretty: You have style, know how to dress and just look good all-around.
Beautiful: I want all my guy friends to see you on my arm.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:32 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,172,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I'm feeling silly and will proceed to overanalyze the above words to the point where they do not make sense.

Hot - I'd tap that/You'll do/look at that banging body/"Hi, I'd like to have sex with you."

Cute - pretty in a harmless, young, and innocent way/easy on the eyes but nothing to stop traffic

Pretty - you'll generally be found very attractive

Beautiful - W - O - W. This is looks combined with aura/presence.
Nailed it. DH went from saying I was cute, (in a girl next door sort of way) to being beautiful as I aged. I have never looked pretty or hot to him, because he sees (for some sick reason) innocence in regards to his wife.

DH doesn't like the word hot, and won't use it. I've never heard him say that. He's not into mentioning who he'd like to do, in that sort of way. He's kind of an old romantic. But he will point out a woman's smile is his favorite attribute. It pulls out their aura, their personality, and it makes him warm and fuzzy. So women...SMILE MORE!

Old 09-16-2009, 06:38 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,886,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
It pulls out their aura, their personality, and it makes him warm and fuzzy. So women...SMILE MORE!
I think a lot of men can also learn from that statement. If you smile more and appear approachable, more women probably would "approach you". You'd be really surprised.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:13 AM

13,564 posts, read 21,337,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Adding to Mango Tango's list. Compliments to women lost in translation.

Cute: Awwwww she's soooo cute! Look at her Tom isn't she cute -Owwww! She bites! Fiesty one she is!

Sexy: I am horny.

Beautiful: You remind me of a rose, over looking the sunset, walking along the beach as the wind tossles through my hair, etc etc. By the way, are you impressed yet?

Gorgeous: OoooOO la la.

Lovely: I respect you, but you still make me horny.

Hot: Did I mention that I am horny?

Pretty: I'm running out of adjectives here ... You're ATTRACTIVE ok! I am SEXUALLY attracted to YOU. How much more do you need to know?

Adorable: This is what you say when you want to p*ss a woman off! What's that I hear? Awwww yes, she's sharpening her fangs

ok you are clock stopping sexy hot gorgeous hows that?

Old 09-16-2009, 08:03 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,173,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily9875 View Post
Hi! Is there any difference when a man say you're hot/cute/pretty/beautiful?
Yes, major differences. Of course, if you don't know the difference, the guy might not either.

Hot = Sexy
As a gentleman, I'd be cautious using the term. I can tell a woman/girl that she's beautiful, pretty or cute in front of her husband or father, but hot? No, not unless I know them very well. It's totally unsuitable for describing a young girl or baby -- unless they're sweating.

Beautiful = Classic beauty
I'd seldom if ever use it to describe a male unless an infant. (Prejudice I suppose.) I'd use the term for baby girls through great-grandmothers if, in my opinion, they possessed classic beauty.

Pretty = Generally attractive
Another term I'd only use to describe the fair sex. To me it overlaps beautiful and cute. It's not as strong a word as beautiful, but it can mean more. A pretty girl/woman probably has sparkling eyes and a radiant smile. A beautiful woman might be more sultry and aloof (or not).

Cute = Engaging attractiveness
Perfect term for babies of either sex, okay for adolescent boys but better for girls, especially those with a petite frame. Normally associated with innocence and charm, a devilish smile, a flirt.

Yeah, I could describe some women with any of these words, but some cute women aren't beautiful and certainly not hot. The opposite is also true.

That's my take on it anyway.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:21 PM

37,486 posts, read 45,753,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Maybe he was ... but I draw the line at adorable grrrrrrrrr . I'll show you adorable Mr. Machiavelli!!! You haven't seen how adorable I can be
If someone called me adorable, I'd take that as a compliment. Totally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships