Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 09:08 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,453,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
My dad is going on 70 and my mom is 66. I'm 23. I think you could unless you have health problems.
That will be our age when our kids are in their 20s!

Eh. I still think I can have another one.

No grandparents being missed here. Thanks god my mother is far far away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 09:23 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,909 times
Having moved from Ohio to Texas:

I miss my friends and family
I miss the crisp fall air and beauty of the leaves
I miss the rolling hills

I don't miss the gray overcast days
I don't miss the snow and freezing temps
I don't miss having to work a lot harder for the same standard of living

All in all...a fair trade.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:35 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Money.

More Money is what's exactly missing from my life, and would make my life more complete in everyway. There isn't anything you can't buy with the green. People who say money doesn't buy happiness are idiots. Try being unhappy on a waverunner...
I think I know who the idiot in this conversation is. And its you apparently. I have plenty of $$$. But I still miss certain things and people. You have alot to learn! Oh! i forgot. You already know everything!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:46 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,988 times
I'm missing a man in my life. Not a SO, per se, but more of a father figure. My dad passed away 4 years ago when I was still a teenager, and there's been an unfillable void in my life since. He and I clashed as I was growing up, and now my biggest regret in life is not sucking up my pride and making more of an effort to get to know him. My mom recently told me I was such a daddy's girl when I was a kid, he was the only one who I would let hold me, and I followed him around like a shadow.

The man I end up with needs to have qualities that hint towards him being a good future father, that means the most to me for my future kids.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:14 AM

19 posts, read 58,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Thanks for asking and not to bore anyone...He has crohn's disease, which can vary in severity. He lost his colon almost two decades ago and sports an appliance (bag on his side that he craps in). This might have been ok for somebody else, but he never had the emotional strength to deal with it. Almost 20 years later he's chemically dependent (really) and has been in several motorcyle and auto crashes (prosthetic hip, knee, femur and brain bleeds^100). He's broken dozens of bones. He's so messed up. His doc calls him a train wreck. He has PTSD (of course) and is just unstable. There are so many stories that go with his troubles that it's not really believable. If I had any talent in writing I'd write his story. Either way, he suffers.

Point being, it's difficult to be ok when others aren't. Now I sound depressing! geesh
I have Chron's too! I've learned that listening to my body is the best medicine. When I first had my Chron's become active a relative tried to tell me my diet was poor and I needed to add more fresh fruits and veggies... well needless to say, that was poor advice! LOL
Unless I have an episode where I just can't seem to manage, I'll go on steroids. Other than that, I've learned that listening to my body, it's aches and pains and especially what it craves -- THAT is what has kept me out of the hospital. I've actually done groups discussions with other patients on the request of my doctors because they feel that I am a shining example of how to deal with Chron's.
I think I'm just lucky in that department.... *smile*

Old 09-16-2009, 10:35 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Default What is missing in my life?

Boobage.....lots and lots of boobage.Hey anyone want to play twister?

Old 09-16-2009, 10:42 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
What is missing in my life?? About $100K!!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:50 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
I almost never get lonely but what's missing is someone to really talk to about something specific going on in my life. I have no one to talk to about it b'c most people would judge me, so I don't risk talking about it at all.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:55 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
I'm truly blessed to be living the life I am now. I have close friends who are all doing well in their careers (as am I), I'm getting closer to fulfilling my dream of being a powerlifter/weightlifter & strongman; debt free, etc. I also have close bonds with some family on my deceased parents' side. All in all, my life is complete. I would like to meet Ms.Right but that's not top priority right now.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:40 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
What is missing in your life? What are you looking for to feel complete? It's a serious question but all kind of answers are welcomed...serious answers as well as the jokes to lighten the thread up.

I have a great life, amazing husband, great kid. I have a lot of great friends.
What's missing in my life is help. I wish I had more help with my child. We have no grandparents to help. I wish my mom was here.
Although I have tons of friends, I often feel lonely. I don't know why. Does anyone else feel that way?

Anyway - share and discuss.
Honestly. I miss having a friend. A best friend. Someone I can tell anything and they would understand and not use it against me if it's bad. Someone that loves me for who I am and is so excited to make me happy. Someone who cares. You know, when you are emotionally down they come up and cheer you up. They know what you like and don't like. Someone that laughs with you and cries with you. Someone I can't wait to be with, to hold. Someone that makes me a better person in a good way. Someone that is there when I turn around looking for my keys and they are there holding them. As if to already know what I need. Someone that gives me that special feeling when they walk in the room. As if to say, "I am here. Everything is going to be great now."

You'd think I would have all these things because I am married but I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships