Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2009, 12:04 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,923,377 times

Advertisements

Overall, I'm happy. I'm married to my soul mate. My health is good. Love where I live, and live near friends and family. Have a stress free job that allows me plenty of time off.

But, one thing lacking is money. We are buried under debt due to previous medical bills from my wife and a sudden job loss that hit me last year. We are still renting, and there are some awesome deals to be had in homes right now. I want the money to get rid of our debt, and get into our own house! I'm tired of paying other people's mortgages. I'm tired of living paycheck to paycheck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 07:30 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,939,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
That is so sad. I'm sorry that you don't have a better relationship with your husband. Have to talked to him about it?

20yrsinBranson

Funymann ... I know. Sometimes I get mixed up for being such a softy. I am not married to a husband.

That's alright Branson. I forgive you.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:28 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,939,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Get a divorce and move to Arizona

I think it would get too hot out there for me.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:46 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,419,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I think it would get too hot out there for me.
You got that right!

On a serious note, I have AC and ice. And I may or may not have stocks in it.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:02 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,160,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
if you think money makes you happy, then you are in for a really rude awakening
You're the one who's in for an awakening when you realize money is the most important. Why do you think the number 1 reason for divorce is financial reasons?

It's not the ONLY thing that can make you happy, but money does in fact buy happiness, unless you're a messed up person who screws their own life up. But normal people with a lot of money are very happy.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:05 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,160,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

people who equate money with happiness are the ones who are more interested in stuff than they are in people.
Or maybe people who value their freedom to do what they want with their lives! Debts are chains, they keep you from doing what you want. If you have money, you can afford any debt, have the freedom of time and travel. Only money can give you that.

And whether women will admit it or not, money buys relationships and women. Example: Women would be MUCH more willing to go on a blind date with a guy if she knows he's a doctor. Why? Cuz they make a ton of money. Some days I feel like all women talk about are dating and marrying a doctor.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Or maybe people who value their freedom to do what they want with their lives! Debts are chains, they keep you from doing what you want. If you have money, you can afford any debt, have the freedom of time and travel. Only money can give you that.

And whether women will admit it or not, money buys relationships and women. Example: Women would be MUCH more willing to go on a blind date with a guy if she knows he's a doctor. Why? Cuz they make a ton of money. Some days I feel like all women talk about are dating and marrying a doctor.
Reasons I would not date a doctor:

Enormous amount of studen loan debt
Long hours
Years and years of training and recertification
Abundance of people just waiting to sue him
Being on call
Stress factor
Etc, etc...

My sis is married to a doctor. Never, EVER will I marry one.

Don't assume all women are the same

Old 09-18-2009, 02:32 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,382,454 times
Quote:
You got that right!

On a serious note, I have AC and ice. And I may or may not have stocks in it.

I have a nice large garden tub.Buuble bath available upon desire.I'll even light some candles.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I have a nice large garden tub.Buuble bath available upon desire.I'll even light some candles.
You're hired!

Old 09-18-2009, 02:36 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,382,454 times
Quote:
You're hired!

I got so flustered I spelled bubble wrong.Hmmm are you bubblicious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships